• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Towncar payments, beware if paying cash

Prince Eric1

<font color=red>DISboard Ghostbuster<br><font colo
I recently useds Happylimo and sent my credit card number in to reserve it and sent back a confirmation on the computer authorizing credit card billing if necessary. On my arrival in Orlando when dropped off at the hotel, payment was requested for the round trip and I payed in cash. When i returned home from my trip i got my credit card bill and had been charged for the trip 3 days prior to my trip. I called Happylimo and had no problems getting the charge taken off, the lady said she would do so immediatly, but she said it is standard to charge the card 1 to 3 days prior to the trip. I do not know why the driver requested payment, but for all planning to use a service, find out how you are being charged so this doesnt happen to you. Also, do not take this as a slam on Happylimo as I was happy with their service and would not have a problem using them again, but hopefully someone else can avoid this problem with this information.

Strange ---
I haven't ever had to give any card number of any kind to reserve with YourRide. We have paid cash and used a debit card at the time of out resort drop off.

I too used yourride, and a credit card # was not asked for at the time of the reservation. We had them for transfers to and from the airport, and one day rt to Discovery Cove. I know I paid cash for the airport transfers, and a credit card for the DC trip. No problem.

Last time I used Tiffany they did not ask for CC#at the time of reservation , and I paid my round trip in cash when I was dropped off in resort and never had a problem; as a mattar of fact my driver was 1/2 hour early to pick us up.

Another thing you can do if you reserved on the Internet...

Print out the confirmation that shows the credit card billing, and then on your trip show a copy of that to the driver. If the driver asks, you might use the same credit card.

(You should always print out confirmations when doing any kind of business on the Internet. Always get a receipt for cash paid for anything.)

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter