Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

Technically no. I called and was told no changes at every turn.

But it worked itself out. :-)
Glad it worked out. I still don’t know if I will get in on Tuesday. Still no email and I called and someone is supposed to call me back but nothing yet. Am sitting in welcome center at DS to get all my tickets. I guess I’ll show up and see what happens

We went on the 18th and had a blast. We rode SDD 5 times, AS2 and TSM 1 time, did all 3 photo opps (entrance, Buzz, Woody/Jessie), and ate breakfast, all by 8:45. We then rode ToT and RRC as walkons. If it hadn’t been so hot it would have been a perfect morning.

But Pandora wasn't even open yet.

We rode SDD 8 x Aliens 2 x and TSMM once. We met Buzz and got breakfast. We had an 8am slot and got back there at 7:30 and it was a ghost town.

While I don't think it's fair the masses came in before 9am I would think most APs had moved on from SDD.

I know Pandora wasn't open. But my time in Pandora was not encroached by the previous time slots nor rope drop guests. I had the full amount of time from start to finish.

Disney advertised to AP Holders (many of us who have to travel a long distance to arrive) a solid hour with just a limited number of guests in a new land. They did not deliver. It doesn't matter what some folks got done or didn't get done, it doesn't change that they did not fulfill what the offered.

They never emailed 8 am folks and said "hey, you can show up any time even 7 am" ... "hey, everyone gets to stay the whole two hours if they want" .... "just know your time is really only 40 minutes" ........... folks on here knew if they read this thread, but we are a small fraction of Disney guests and probably a small minority of AP holders.

So at the core, Disney did not fulfill what was promised. It is great others are happy with the result, and it's okay that I am disappointed that Disney did not stick to what they offered. Certainly not the first time they didn't follow up with what was supposed to happen and won't be the last.

Yeah, I was glad that I knew I could arrive early (thanks to DISBoards). We ended up having way more time than we really knew what to do with.

I will say, this AM was materially less people than the Pandora AP preview we attended. Much more intimate and “special” feeling because it was so few people. With the exception of the rope drop folks eating into published time, I found this more organized, stress-free, and fun. The entering an empty park when the sun isn’t even up yet vs Pandora/afternoon/already crowded park were obviously different situations so not totally apples to apples.

I guess not really fair comparisons overall as this was three rides and characters vs Pandora which was just two rides and a cool land, but my overall satisfaction level was higher with this event vs Pandora.

Caveat all of the above in that I was traveling with a 4 year old who is totally into the land, hence one of the reasons I felt this AM was a success. :-)

Very glad you were happy and it would have been special with a 4 year old.

I've been in an empty DHS (EMM) and loved it ... and we got to wander a bit further then.

I think the satisfaction with Pandora was it was unseen before, highly anticipated, so different, so unique, so WOW and we were able to take in all the details of the land without worrying about the other groups or the public. We had zero waits for anything at all, we had a pick of seats to eat, we could enjoy the land and take pictures without people everywhere.

TSL is open, nothing new, one ride old, nothing to try since we've been a few times, looks pretty much like all the other TSL .......... so to make the effort to go somewhere I had been, I wanted what was advertised. Oh well, no big ...

Last edited:
As to the above discussion, I should also probably caveat that I have no idea if that hoard was actually let on SDD once they arrived at the ride. I assume they were but do not know that as I couldn’t physically see from our vantage point. Some (select few) of that group peeled off and went right on TSM but I could not see the SDD entrance. It’s possible they just had people queue but continued to only let in AP folks.

Anyway, just wanted to make that note just in case.

By the time the line settled the end ended up against the fence roughly about where we were by Woodie and Jessie.

We are going on Thursday (our very first & probably only AP event)
Very,very excited-just finishing our packing!!!!

Slight side issue-I'm in a wheelchair and really dislike when the hoard are coming towards us....
What time do you suggest we need to exit TSL?
When we left for rr at 8:45 crowds were not bad . Like no one was going to tot or rr . We rode 3 rr with no wait (skipped right through the “show” with doors open . We left park around 1015 and only then were people coming in . We did ST with 5 wait just before leaving and the Park was quiet compared to July May Jan and dec trips for me .

People def coming in for that section but we had no problem leaving toy story land for rest of park .

Think it perfect for you .

As to the above discussion, I should also probably caveat that I have no idea if that hoard was actually let on SDD once they arrived at the ride. I assume they were but do not know that as I couldn’t physically see from our vantage point. Some (select few) of that group peeled off and went right on TSM but I could not see the SDD entrance. It’s possible they just had people queue but continued to only let in AP folks.

Anyway, just wanted to make that note just in case.

By the time the line settled the end ended up against the fence roughly about where we were by Woodie and Jessie.
We had the 8:00-9:00 am time slot this past Saturday morning (22nd). It was awesome being there with low crowds. DH did SDD first without me to see if I could handle it, I hate coasters. I like 7DMT but anything with a big drop makes me feel queasy. After riding it, he was a bit on the fence as to whether or not I could handle so we decided to go on and do other things and let me think about it. Around 8:40 we decided to head back to SDD, I was still not sure about it, but before we could get there, we see this mad rush of people coming in going straight for the SDD cue. By the time we got there, the line stretched all the way back to the entrance of TSL. I felt a little cheated because I thought AP's were suppose to have TSL until 9:00 but that did not happen. I decided to skip it and we headed out to do other things before the crowds hit. Looking back, I still had a FP so they probably would have let me go ahead had I wanted to ride. We rode everything got to do TSM twice, without even getting out of the car, which was great! All in all a great morning.

So I fell behind on this thread and am trying to catch up but having trouble while reading on DME.
We are registered for the AP event Thursday. Today a fastpass for SDD showed up in our MDE. There isn’t a time slot listed.
Can anyone tell me does this mean we have a true fastpass where we can go any time that day? There’s no times listed.
Or will this disappear after our 7-8 am time slot?
Again sorry if this was already addressed but would love if someone could fill me in:)

So I fell behind on this thread and am trying to catch up but having trouble while reading on DME.
We are registered for the AP event Thursday. Today a fastpass for SDD showed up in our MDE. There isn’t a time slot listed.
Can anyone tell me does this mean we have a true fastpass where we can go any time that day? There’s no times listed.
Again sorry if this was already addressed but would love if someone could fill me in:)

That FP is for your first ride at the AP event. They will ask you to scan it.

For us last Friday, we didn't scan a FP on any ride (although in full disclosure we did not go on SDD, DD wouldn't do it, so not sure if we would have been scanned there). Someone scanned our bands with an ipad scanner at the park entrance, then we scanned/fingerprinted in at the tapstyles, and that was it.

I had a blast at this event on Tuesday. I stopped at the kiosk to buy my slinky dog headband at 7 anthem headed to SDD. My first ride I was on the left of the car and the first turn I thought I was going to fall out. I wouldn’t but it kinda freaked me out. Then I rode it 4 more times by 7:30 on the right side tho. Lol. Then went to AS2 and thought it was rather rough. One and done for me. Went to restroom which is really colorful. Then headed back to SDD and rode 2 more times. By then the 8am folks were arriving so I went to eat the kids s’mores meal at Woody’s lunchbox. They are really slow, even with mobile order. Finished just as they were letting the other folks in park. I thought they should have held them til 9 as that really cheated the 8am folks.

Best morning ever!! I replied to the email thanking them for the event.

Then as I was leaving park there was Donald in his sailor suit. I haven’t had a pic with him in that suit in 50 years - I was 2. Lol - so I left very happy.

I had a blast at this event on Tuesday. I stopped at the kiosk to buy my slinky dog headband at 7 anthem headed to SDD. My first ride I was on the left of the car and the first turn I thought I was going to fall out. I wouldn’t but it kinda freaked me out. Then I rode it 4 more times by 7:30 on the right side tho. Lol. Then went to AS2 and thought it was rather rough. One and done for me. Went to restroom which is really colorful. Then headed back to SDD and rode 2 more times. By then the 8am folks were arriving so I went to eat the kids s’mores meal at Woody’s lunchbox. They are really slow, even with mobile order. Finished just as they were letting the other folks in park. I thought they should have held them til 9 as that really cheated the 8am folks.

Best morning ever!! I replied to the email thanking them for the event.

Then as I was leaving park there was Donald in his sailor suit. I haven’t had a pic with him in that suit in 50 years - I was 2. Lol - so I left very happy.
I was there Tuesday morning as well. My DD said exactly what you did, best morning ever!

We tried to take a bus from the GF and were outside at the bus stop about 5:55 (we had to do the airline check-in...it was a crazy early morning, and we are morning people!). When a bus time appeared, it was 6:16, but it kept getting pushed back later and later. At 6:30 we decided to take an Uber. We were dropped off about 6:45 and in TSL a little after 7:00. No problem getting into the park. They scanned our bands at the entrance, put wristbands on us, and we walked back to TSL. We rode SDD 6 times in a row (zero wait! We walked right on every time) then took a break and rode the Aliens twice, met Jessie and Woody (about a 5 minute wait), then rode TSM. This was my first time on this one, and I am not in a hurry to do it again. 3D tends to make me feel sick, and the spinning of the ride around corners didn’t help. DD didn’t enjoy it either; she has never played a video game and didn’t find this type of entertainment enjoyable. Met Buzz. Rode SDD twice more and then got breakfast at Woody’s lunchbox. I don’t know if it was unique to Tuesday morning, but we were unable to pay using the dining plan or even as a room charge. The CM said something about their system not working that early in the morning. Seemed strange to me. Luckily I had a credit card. Rode Aliens once more before we left. I am unable to do most spinning rides- they really make me sick! I was fine on the Aliens, though.

The crowd started arriving around 8:50. We waited until 9:05 to leave. The line for SDD was almost to where Buzz meets when we left. I was slightly concerned before our trip about getting my daughter out with a rush of people coming in (she is claustrophobic and doesn’t do well fighting crowds; I’m kind of the same). It was not a problem in TSL. It wasn’t a problem, in fact, until we got to about the entrance where it was very, very busy. We found some other people who were leaving and walked directly behind them. DD felt better walking behind someone instead of directly into a swarm of people herself. We were in an Uber by 9:15 and at the Contemporary and walking to MK by 9:30.

It really was a magical kind of morning. I feel so fortunate that this was being offered during our trip and we were able to go to it!

Thanks!
So if I were to show up at 11:30, would this still work?

Nope, I ended up skipping the PH event to RD AK and when I went to HS later that day they would not let me use those FP's even though they still showed up on my MDE. They told me the FPs were only good during the event which didn't make much sense to me but whatever. It wasn't very clear in the email whether they would only be good during the event or all day.

What a great morning! First time seeing TSL and it was amazing. We took a Lyft from POFQ and went straight to SDD, rode 8x total. I could have done more but my husband had enough. We rode AS2 then stopped for breakfast and to cool off. Rode TSM around 8:30 and by the time we were off the line for SDD was all the way to the TSL entrance.

Should have took a Lyft back too, we waited about a half hour for a bus back to French Quarter.

But all in all I’d say it was an amazing first introduction to TSL!

I had the 7am time on Thursday 9/27. I walked into Toy Story Land at 6:52am. I rode SDD 3 times in a row right away, then took a break to meet Woody, Jessie, and Buzz. I rode TSM 3 times without getting off at all, and once I was the only person on the entire ride! I rode AS2 3 times, and then grabbed breakfast from Woody’s Lunchbox. I decided to ride SDD one more time, and when I got off at 8:42am, the opening crowds had already arrived. I decided to head to the other side of the park and rode RNRC and TOT, both with no wait at all. I was exiting Hollywood Studios at 9:03am! What an awesome event!! No waits for anything at all. I would’ve rode more, but I was getting nauseous from re-riding things so quickly. I certainly hope things like this are offered for passholders more often! Great job, Disney!

We were at the event on Tuesday 9/25. We asked at our resort (AoA) about transportation and they said there would be no busses but there was a cab available or Uber, or Minnie Vans. We opted for a cab and it was $9. We were at one of the three bag checks by 6:35 and first in line. We scanned into the park at about 6:50 but while we were standing in line a CM asked if we had a FP for SDD and we said we did not think so. She checked and gave us a FP for it. When we asked why she said it was to make sure everyone got at least one ride on it and it was the only one they were doing a FP for. When we got to the land we went to SDD and for your first ride we went through the FP line and scanned our MB's, all the rest of the time we went through the standby land. So as the 8:00 group showed up they went through the FP line on their first trip. We never had a wait to speak of the whole time. We did SDD 6 times, Alien Spin 3 times and TSM twice. By 8:45 we were eating at Woody's lunchbox when the RD occured and the line for SDD backed up to the entrance to Toy Story Land. That was our cue to head to RnR where we walked on three times. From there we did ToT and then Star Wars and Muppets. Ate lunch at Pixxa Rizzo's all before 1:00. So 17 rides and lunch before 1. We then had FP's for ToT, RnR and one more SDD before we left for Epcot and some F&W. Twenty rides in one day was not bad although we were pretty dang tired by the end of the day!

We were at the event on Tuesday 9/25. We asked at our resort (AoA) about transportation and they said there would be no busses but there was a cab available or Uber, or Minnie Vans. We opted for a cab and it was $9. We were at one of the three bag checks by 6:35 and first in line. We scanned into the park at about 6:50 but while we were standing in line a CM asked if we had a FP for SDD and we said we did not think so. She checked and gave us a FP for it. When we asked why she said it was to make sure everyone got at least one ride on it and it was the only one they were doing a FP for. When we got to the land we went to SDD and for your first ride we went through the FP line and scanned our MB's, all the rest of the time we went through the standby land. So as the 8:00 group showed up they went through the FP line on their first trip. We never had a wait to speak of the whole time. We did SDD 6 times, Alien Spin 3 times and TSM twice. By 8:45 we were eating at Woody's lunchbox when the RD occured and the line for SDD backed up to the entrance to Toy Story Land. That was our cue to head to RnR where we walked on three times. From there we did ToT and then Star Wars and Muppets. Ate lunch at Pixxa Rizzo's all before 1:00. So 17 rides and lunch before 1. We then had FP's for ToT, RnR and one more SDD before we left for Epcot and some F&W. Twenty rides in one day was not bad although we were pretty dang tired by the end of the day!
It’s interesting that you were told there wouldn’t be any bus transportation available to this event. I experienced this (though no one told me as I didn’t ask) even though the email I received a few days prior to this event said: Disney Resort hotel guests should visit a resort bus stop 45 minutes prior to event start time.

We were at the bus stop at the GF at 5:55 AM (we had to be up very, very early in order to do airline check-in). The bus time was originally something like 6:15 but kept getting moved later and later. By 6:30 we decided to just take Uber.

We asked at the front desk at AoA the day before the event and were told that busses would not start running till 8:00 AM. Now that particular CM may not have known any different but we even explained the AP event at DHS the next morning and he nodded like he was aware of it and still said the bussess would not start till 8:00. We just said thanks, we will get a cab and left. Had we inquired further maybe the answer would have changed but as it was we were glad to just have a plan that worked when we showed up at 6:15 Tuesday and a cab was there and ready to go. We did not have to fret about a bus showing up and panicking about making it on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!