Toy Story Land soft opening in April?

Maybe they haven’t released them yet till they figure out their plans for closure?
I’m going that same week. Will be sad if it’s really closed!!!

I was on the phone today with Disney Signature services adjusting my 90 day out fast passes and when I try to book my fast passes for Toy Story Mania he told me that that was not possible at this time because of the soft opening in April of Toy Story Land. I tried to ask some follow-up questions but he just kept giving me the same information ..that that's when the soft opening is and therefore we can't book fast passes. I'm wondering why we couldn't book fast passes for Toy Story Mania if the rest of the new Park is open and whether anyone knows more?

I read a few weeks ago that Toy Story is going to be closing 'at some point' so that they can move the ride entrance from it's current location around to the other side of the building so that you'll enter the ride from the new section of the park. No fast passes probably means that it's going to be closed when you are trying to book them.

I’m going April 13th-23rd and was told that it should be open that week. I purchased the fast pass add on today for my trip and while Hollywood Studios was not one of my parks I asked if they could check availability for TSMM fastpasses on 4/18 and was told I would have no problem getting one ...... now I can’t be certain that he checked the actual system but he appeared to so maybe some of the days it will be open that week..... I’m just gonna wait till my 60 days out and see if anything is available .... really hope it is!!

According to Kenny they are only closing one track at a time. Let’s hope that’s true and fastpasss will be released at some point..

According to Kenny they are only closing one track at a time. Let’s hope that’s true and fastpasss will be released at some point..
Right now the third track is closed but likely won't open until the land opens. The other two tracks use the same loading station so my guess would be if those close they will have to close together.

There were some other threads that seemed to indicate at some point (likely when I'm there early May) all three tracks will be closed... I'm sad.

Right now the third track is closed but likely won't open until the land opens. The other two tracks use the same loading station so my guess would be if those close they will have to close together.

There were some other threads that seemed to indicate at some point (likely when I'm there early May) all three tracks will be closed... I'm sad.

yeah, that was the rumor I saw two - that the third track will be down for quite a while but at some point the whole ride will be down for a bit to make the final cross over to the new queue. Exactly when and for how long was not known (I saw someone mention the whole thing would be down for a month but that feels a bit on the high side, but who knows).

But if they are going to do the Pandora model with the soft openings and DVC previews, etc. prior to a Memorial Day full opening then it would make sense for some or all of April to be when TSMM would be entirely down

Soft opening are very random, and they even aren’t for the whole day, most parks don’t announce their soft opening because of how unreliable their dates are. It might be true and some lucky people will be there when it happens.

Soft opening are very random, and they even aren’t for the whole day, most parks don’t announce their soft opening because of how unreliable their dates are. It might be true and some lucky people will be there when it happens.
We are basing it around how soft openings worked with Pandora. Those softs were very structured and organized for AP and DVC members Disney could of course change everything though.

Those softs were very structured and organized for AP and DVC members
Very structured, and not only for AP and DVC members, there was lot of organized activity prior. It began with private viewings and events for large social media groups. Then previews for AK CMs, followed by previews for WDW CMs. Also add about a week for the main street media.

Being there during the entire time, the Pandora pre-opening crowd control process went so well that I can't envision management not duplicating it for the pre-opening opening of TSL

Interesting! Our 60 day FP opening is on Tuesday, I will be interested to see if we can book it.

Very structured, and not only for AP and DVC members, there was lot of organized activity prior. It began with private viewings and events for large social media groups. Then previews for AK CMs, followed by previews for WDW CMs. Also add about a week for the main street media.

Now how does one become a member of a "large social media group"? Asking for a friend... lol

Do you guys know if an AP holder can bring a non-AP guest?

I plan to be there with a group of 6 AP holders the week before Memorial Day weekend.

I don’t have an AP myself, but do you think I can tag along with my group?

Now how does one become a member of a "large social media group"? Asking for a friend... lol
Lots of hard work, pixie dust and luck. The most common way is to have a blog with a certain amount of activity that somehow relates to WDW in a positive manner. It doesn't have to be a Disney specific blog. In most cases it's not. Below is a good article explaining one possibility. Good luck to your friend.
http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/walt_disney_world/disney_social_media_moms_celeb/

Do you guys know if an AP holder can bring a non-AP guest?

I plan to be there with a group of 6 AP holders the week before Memorial Day weekend.

I don’t have an AP myself, but do you think I can tag along with my group?

For the AP Pandora previews, you had to be an AP holder. Non-AP holders could not tag along. They had a whole system to scan you in with confirmations and everything. I'm not sure how the DVC side of the previews worked though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter