TP Res Finder...what a tease

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
I have been on the hunt for a reservation for Cali Grill for the Saturday night during our stay for the adults night out. I want a time that will coincide with the fireworks. Well I had no idea how popular that is. The only times that were available were 5:05 or 9:05pm. I tentatively booked the 5:05. So I created an alert on TP and I've also been checking everyday for the past 3 weeks. Nothing. Except I just got a text alert....BOOM 6:45 pm available. YES! So I log on and check. Nope...nothing. It must already be gone. Now to start a new search......*sigh*

OH yea you have to be super fast as click that link before it stops beeping!!!

The last time I used them I got a text at 4am........I was in the same and TP found be 3 different ADR's, it really does work, good luck!

OH yea you have to be super fast as click that link before it stops beeping!!!

The last time I used them I got a text at 4am........I was in the same and TP found be 3 different ADR's, it really does work, good luck!

I thought I was pretty quick, I ran to the computer. Guess not fast enough!

If you have a cell better to use that as all you do is click the link in the text and it takes you right to MDE, sign in and done.....

Well either way I was running to something. I got the alert on my Apple Watch and had to run to the phone or computer. I figured computer would be faster.....

I got several reservations this upcoming trip by using it. Every text I got I logged on via my phone immediately and got the meal. Just depends on who is also looking for that restaurant day/time on the site. I was surprised at how well it worked for me

I guess what Im looking for is popular because I haven't had a hit on either one. GG PPO breakfast (to add 1 to our party) or CG for fireworks.....I did have luck with another one I set an alert for. So I know it works!

Unrelated to the TP res finder, but I was surprised to learn that you don't need a reservation DURING fireworks to view the fireworks. With your 5:05, you can go back to Cali Grill and view the fireworks from the balcony.

From the California grill page on the Disney website:
Dining before the fireworks? Bring your receipt to the check-in desk on the 2nd floor for reentry to California Grill. Then, enjoy the show either from California Grill Lounge or the outside observation deck.

I’ve had that happen to me before as well, it’s frustrating but that’s part of the game when you’re obviously not the only one looking for these reservations. I also never solely rely on the finder since it only checks every 15 or 30 minutes or so. I’ve happened upon reservations I’m looking for randomly before the finder texts me.

I always click on the link right from my phone as it is the fastest way. The few times I tried to log into my computer it took forever and I lost the reservation to someone else. It's a great service and I have always found everything that I have been looking for given enough time. Good Luck!!

I’ve had that happen to me before as well, it’s frustrating but that’s part of the game when you’re obviously not the only one looking for these reservations. I also never solely rely on the finder since it only checks every 15 or 30 minutes or so. I’ve happened upon reservations I’m looking for randomly before the finder texts me.

Thats what Ive been doing. I check all the time. I might end up calling to see if they can add 1 person to our party for our PPO Garden Grill because when I try to search for 6 people nothing comes up but we already have a reservation for 5 people.

I have an alert set for "Dinner" time at Ohana - I've gotten my hopes up twice when I got an alert but both times it was for 9:50pm. I'm flexible with times but not THAT flexible lol.

I have an alert set for "Dinner" time at Ohana - I've gotten my hopes up twice when I got an alert but both times it was for 9:50pm. I'm flexible with times but not THAT flexible lol.
I put in the window of time I’m willing to take. It will hunt an hour in either direction. I can’t take the disappointment! lol

I put in the window of time I’m willing to take. It will hunt an hour in either direction. I can’t take the disappointment! lol

I know, I was thinking of switching it... but what if my window only goes to 6:45 and a 6:50 reservation pops up?? Lol I'll see how many more times I get disappointed before I finally change it.

This thing works well. It got me a reservation and I got seated at Garden Grill before 8 am one day.

I know, I was thinking of switching it... but what if my window only goes to 6:45 and a 6:50 reservation pops up?? Lol I'll see how many more times I get disappointed before I finally change it.

I did 2 to catch my entire window. It got me my Artists Point, still waiting on Beaches and cream. TP had found me one and I booked it, but plans changed and it doesn’t work now.

I literally clicked on my text notification the second I got it...and the time was already taken!

I lucked out today. Wanted to try the new Storybook Dining at AP, and got an alert earlier that I wasn't quick enough to get. Then got a second one as soon as I got home from grocery shopping that actually worked better for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!