• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trade Assitant Suggestions

Figgy

PinPics Internal Affairs
Ok Here it is. Now is the time to let us know what you would like to see the trade assitant do. I am not saying that all suggestions will get in but we want to know what you want it to do so that it can be the best trade assitant that we can make it.....

Even if you post your suggestions here (which is a good idea so people that have the same idea can see someone thought of it.) please also email them to me.....

Figgy

We will be working on the trade assistant next month but as it going to take some time it probably won't be finished until first of July (I hope)

Hope to hear from you.

figgy

My suggestion is that I wish that there was a way I could view my wants list and see what traders I have match up with them underneath each pin. My traders would be the ones with the check marks next to them. It's like the current Trade Assistant, upside down, or backwards. Does that make sense. I hope so! I'll e-mail this to you too.

Is there any way for the email notifications to include links to the PinPics page for each pin in question? This would make it so much easier to check out proposed trades.

Thanx for a great pin site, Britt and Susan!

~Nancy~

Ok what you are saying is you want to be able to say I want this pin who has it and what do they want that I have?????

figgy

In the email that get sents out it lists the person's pinpics name as well as the email, so when you respond to the request you can say, "I'm not interested in this trade, but I checked out your trade/wants and offer this trade instead."

And yes, the option to search for a specific pin and find out who has one for trade.

the pinpics user name and possibly a link to their tradables so I could counter with a more equitable offer.

Miss Figgy you tell Britt how much we appreciate him doing this. We know he doesn't get a cent for his time. We know that our harrassment is thanks enough, LOL

Thanks bunches you two.

Building a bit on what Kathryn just said, I really would like to be able to search for user's that have the pins I'm looking for. That way, you can see their wants list and try to make an equitable offer :D

That's probably the best thing I could think of to help...well...us :)

Sometimes it would be nice just to get a list of board members who have a specific pin listed as a trader. If it turns out to be someone you know, then you can specifially tailor the trade offer to their situation.

I think this is sort of what peoplemover was describing, with the pin being wanted as the starting point.

Along some of the same lines....I would like to see my wants listed and underneath each want, all my pins could be checked off. For instance; For Pin 17-I could check off all the pins I have (or some) in trade. Then I would like to see a box where we could check "Member willing to trade mulitples for this pin."

Sort of the reverse of now except that all the pins on someone's want list could be available to make a trade rather than having the computer match them up. I get some crazy matches sometimes. For example, I have an open stock Sorcerer Mickey pin and I know that no one will EVER trade a Mickey for President for it but sometimes the trade assistant makes that match.

Does that make any sense? This way, the person receiving the trade request could know that for said trade request, the person is willing to trade more than one of the pins.

Bumping... don't want this to disappear while I am playing golf today...HEHE

Well you know Nat it is a tough life but someone has to live it... I mean as a marshal on the course I have to test the course a few times a week so I know how long each hole takes to play etc......HEHE

Quick reminder to everyone who is making suggestions for the trade assitant. You need to email me the suggestions as well as posting it here.....

Nat, can't you figure out a way to forward these threads? Britt and Figgy need our help.

It seems that there are a lot of folks who like to remain anonymous and not be listed publicly. I would like to respect that decision while still sending them trade offers and I'm not sure how that can be done and list user names with trade requests. An area where we could add a note that would go out with our requests would be of great help. That way, I could indicate "willing to trade multiples for this pin" or "please contact me to discuss an adequate trade". These are the kinds of things I wish I could say when someone reads my offers.

Also, I really like the idea of being able to check off a pin that I'm looking for and see a list of pins that others have on their wants list for that pin, even if it's not on my traders. A "what if" way of looking at it. I would then be able to see what pins I could be looking for to make that trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter