Traditional May Rates

wld

<font color=blue>Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at
Well, DH and I are sucked into the "we've got AP's might as well go again" theme. We went in June for 24th anniversary, be going in Dec with the kiddies (20 and 16) and thinking about May because I want to see the Flower and Garden Festival and DH loves Star Wars. Hoping for those weekends to be there. Anyway, I can get the Swan for the nurses rate of $129. plus I have about 15000 Starwood points. But if the moderates (which we love) traditionally go for around $80 a night that is $50 more a night for the Swan. Our activities would center around MGM and EPCOT.
I wanted to wait and look at the Swan (have seen it from the outside) when we go in Dec but am afraid from posts about APs in May that it is a popular time and it might be better not to wait. Any ideas out there?
Thanks

I don't believe the moderates are usually quite that low, although some years there have been some $89 rates. I would guess it's going to depend on how bookings are after the New Year. I would book the nurse rate and patiently wait for discounts. If a good one comes along, you can cancel the first reservation. We're looking for discounts for late May and mid-March, and I plan to be very patient.

Originally posted by wld
Well, DH and I are sucked into the "we've got AP's might as well go again" theme. We went in June for 24th anniversary, be going in Dec with the kiddies (20 and 16) and thinking about May because I want to see the Flower and Garden Festival and DH loves Star Wars. Hoping for those weekends to be there. Anyway, I can get the Swan for the nurses rate of $129. plus I have about 15000 Starwood points. But if the moderates (which we love) traditionally go for around $80 a night that is $50 more a night for the Swan. Our activities would center around MGM and EPCOT.
I wanted to wait and look at the Swan (have seen it from the outside) when we go in Dec but am afraid from posts about APs in May that it is a popular time and it might be better not to wait. Any ideas out there?
Thanks

I got the WL for $149 woodview last May. That was using a public code. It was $8 more for the AP rate. HTH!

We're booked into a moderate first week in May with a 15% AAA discount right now for around $135 water view. We're waiting on a better rate with an AP or code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter