Trail’s End Dinner Buffet Question

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Will our 10 year old triplets be charged the adult rate for the dinner buffet at Trail’s End? I understand some restaurants, especially those that offer character buffets, still adhere to 10 & up for pricing. We love the dinner buffet here, but our boys are tiny and are not big eaters, and we can’t justify paying the adult fare for all 5 of us. They don’t even look 10 years old and are only about 55 pounds each.

Will they be permitted to order off the children’s meal at other sit down restaurants that do not offer buffets?

They will be charged as adults - I didn’t think any WDW restaurants used the “10 and over” cut off (how would that work with DDP?).

At most restaurants that aren’t buffets, AYCE, or only prix fixe, they can order off the children’s menu.

They will be charged as adults - I didn’t think any WDW restaurants used the “10 and over” cut off (how would that work with DDP?).

At most restaurants that aren’t buffets, AYCE, or only prix fixe, they can order off the children’s menu.

Thank you. This is what we expected. We aren’t on the dining plan because it no longer makes sense for us financially once they turned 10, especially since they don’t very much.

At non buffets they can definitely still order off the kids menu - they are less strict about it when you are paying cash (on the dining plan, they are not allowed to order off the kids menu once they hit "Disney adult" age). We did this on the trip where my oldest DS was 10 - he is a SUPER picky eater and hates most of the foods on the adult menu, so we skipped the dining plan. He STILL orders food off the kids menu at 13, but now they bring him an adult portion and charge us accordingly LOL.

Any buffets, they will be charged adult prices. If not on dining plan and eating at regular table service meals, they should be able to eat from the kids menu. This of course would be at the discretion of the restaurant (not all restaurants at the parks and Disney Springs are owned\ operated by Disney.

Thank you. This is what we expected. We aren’t on the dining plan because it no longer makes sense for us financially once they turned 10, especially since they don’t very much.

Oh, yes, I assumed you weren’t on the DP. I was just pointing out that I couldn’t see how your idea of different restaurants having different age limits for child/adult would work, given the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!