Transatlantic 2022 - East Bound

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about looking at doing a Transatlantic in 2022.

Does anyone have a hunch if this will happen? Also what month or timeframe does this typically happen? Finally is there historical pricing for Ocean and Verandah?

I haven't done much research on it at this point but figured I would ask. I liked the sea days on our 7 day cruise last year and even though we had some good amount of rough weather didn't really feel the impact (as I suspect its not the calmest water the whole way).

East is usually in May and West is usually in September. If you join Touring Plans they have DCL historical pricing.

Yup, about those dates. I went on a Westbound in 2018 (trip report link in my signature) and ours was about $3,200 for the lowest inside cabin when we booked a week or two after opening day pricing.
I tend to check historical opening day pricing by searching this forum for 'Opening Day Pricing Quotes' that AquaDame usually posts.

I am thinking about looking at doing a Transatlantic in 2022.

Does anyone have a hunch if this will happen? Also what month or timeframe does this typically happen? Finally is there historical pricing for Ocean and Verandah?

I haven't done much research on it at this point but figured I would ask. I liked the sea days on our 7 day cruise last year and even though we had some good amount of rough weather didn't really feel the impact (as I suspect its not the calmest water the whole way).
My wife and I are scheduled for the 5/21 EBTA. Just under 5500 for a 6A (Accessible Verandah) using OBB

My wife and I are scheduled for the 5/21 EBTA. Just under 5500 for a 6A (Accessible Verandah) using OBB

Not too bad of a price honestly for how long the cruise is. I plan on doing a TA along with a week in France (we had to cancel the France part this fall).

I’ve done East- and West-bound TA. The smoothest water I have had cruising. hands down beats that choppy ride from PC to the Bahamas.

The 1918 flu ran for over two years. I’m hoping this won’t be so long. I would think you can get your hopes up for sailing again in 2022.

Per Touring Plans, this spring’s sailings were selling for $5390s for oceanview Cat 9A, 2 pax; $6260s for Cat 6C Verandah. Pricing change after opening day seems minimal.

(I sailed the first EBTA in 2010. 14 nights. Inside cabin, $795 pp. How can I do it for so much more?)

Last edited:

I would THINK that cruises will resume by then. Going on a transatlantic is a dream vacation for me, so I hope it all works out for you!

I've done both East and West TA. East was in May and travels a southern route which was smooth as glass water and great weather. The West was in Sept and it goes on a northern route which for us was choppy once we got out onto open ocean due to an approaching hurricane (it is the season) and it was much cooler. So much so we spent a majority of the cruise inside.

We love the TA's. Sea days are great, length of cruise is amazing, prices are usually lower then other long cruises. If weather is important to you, pick the Eastbound (plus it's usually a few days longer). If one set of Ports interest you more (England/ Ireland for West vs Spain/Portugal for East) pick which ever one interests you most.

To be fair we did the Eastbound first because we didn't have a desire to go to Portugal/Spain so doing a cruise through there was ideal. We were just doing the TA for the long sea days. Surprise, we LOVED Portugal and Spain.

Whichever route you pick I hope you get to enjoy a Transatlantic in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!