Transatlantic & Med 2007 BLOGs and TRIP REPORTs and other Important FAQ

travelbug24...hope to chat with you again about our cruise. It may be a long way off but planning is half the fun ! Also, with so many cruising before us, we'll have lots of trip reports to read and tips to gain from .

I started a roll-call on the cruise critic board, but no one has joined yet.

Happy planning !

Gina:surfweb:

:thumbsup2
I'll check out the cruise critic board too.

There are lots of trip reports for these cruises. If you go to the trip report forum and scroll to the bottom of the page there is a place in the left corner under DISPLAY OPTIONS where you can change the option from "the last month" to "beginning" then click on display options. The trip reports currently start on page 13. when that comes up. I went through page 17 and here are the reports that stood out. I may have missed some if they didn't have the date or med in the title. There are some really good threads here with general information too.

Bringing home the "Magic" from the Med with pics- Completed

My rather long Westbound Transatlantic trip report

28th July 07- Med trip report & photo diary- Romancing the Mouse - an aliens report!

ROME-ancing the Mouse - July 28th Med cruise
[this one has a list of blogs in the first post too]

Transatlantic Aug 18 - Sept 1

July 28th Med Cruise-Romancing the Mouse-TRIP REPORT

Seaulater In The Med - Disney Magic July 18-28, 2007

July 18-28 Med Cruise

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Barcelona! 7/18/07**Two Updates Added**!!

May 07 Med Cruise

All in one place: Please Post info from your DCL Med excursions HERE

Barcelona Segway Tour

Just back from July 7/07 -have ???? - will try and answer

6/6/07 med report...long

Just back from the July 7th Med Cruise... (m)

Barcelona Hotel Reviews/Questions (all in one post):

Doing Med ports on Own questions

June 27, 2007 Med Cruise Report

Med Ports on our Own (long)

June 27th Mediterranean Trip Report Part 1

Blogging the June 16th Mediterranean Cruise (until we can't type anymore!)

Blogging the June 16th Mediterranean Cruise (until we can't type anymore!)

If You are flying back from the med on Iberia READ THIS!!

Magic to The Med Report VERY LONG

June 16th Med Cruise Report

my first cruise/ trip to the med**back home, pic on blog**

Back from June 16 Med Cruise

**LIVE** From the May 26, 2007 FIRST DCL Cruise in the MED! (5/26/07)

Hello from the Disney Magic in the Middle of the Med!

Almost Live: Naples Excursion - wow

LIVE from the Magic

Trip Report from the First Med Cruise

To the Mediterranean and Beyond! June 6 Med Cruise with 2 young boys

Photos from first Disney Med Cruise (5-26 to 6-6-07)

Pictures of Eze on Med cruise??

Med Cruise - 26 May/6 June

Tales of the Transatlantic (Photos too)

Video of Party Paradiso:new Mediterranean exclusive deck party

Tales of the Transatlantic (Photos too)

6/27 Med cruise- Sorrento/Pompeii Private tour?

6/27 Med Cruise-private tour in Florence

5.12.2007 - Live TransAtlantic Cruise Questions/Answers

Bloggers on 16 June MedHead Cruise

05.26.2007 - LIVE Mediterranean Questions/Answers

Disney Magic Arrives In Barcelona-fireworks May 24, 2007

Arrived in Barcelona for June 6 Med Sailing

Just back from EB Med cruise-happy to answer questions

Barcelona Port Information (telephones, Taxis, Shipping, Etc.)

Some thoughts on my med. excursions

May 12th 2007 Trans Atlantic Cruise
We can make this a sticky once more have added to it.

Looks like you did a Disney Mediterranean Cruise in 2007. Do you recall what the range of prices were for the Shore Excursions? We are considering booking in April 2010 an 11 night Mediterranean Cruise. None of the shore excursion packages are available and Disney doesn't have any price ranges to give me. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 11 and 9) and I don't know what we might end up spending in added costs doing things in port and what to assume so looking for any experience you had.

Looks like you did a Disney Mediterranean Cruise in 2007. Do you recall what the range of prices were for the Shore Excursions? We are considering booking in April 2010 an 11 night Mediterranean Cruise. None of the shore excursion packages are available and Disney doesn't have any price ranges to give me. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 11 and 9) and I don't know what we might end up spending in added costs doing things in port and what to assume so looking for any experience you had.

Go to another cruise lines web site that does similar cruises and look at cost of their excursions to get a general idea. Royal Caribbean's web site is pretty easy to check out.

No, I have never been across the Atlantic but there are links to the DCL excursions that were offered in 2007 in the DIS DCL FAQ thread under EXCURSION REVIEWS. Some of the ports have been switched around for 2010 but if you look at both the TA & Med excursions you will be able to get most of what was offered back then and a good idea of what to expect this time.

No, I have never been across the Atlantic but there are links to the DCL excursions that were offered in 2007 in the DIS DCL FAQ thread under EXCURSION REVIEWS. Some of the ports have been switched around for 2010 but if you look at both the TA & Med excursions you will be able to get most of what was offered back then and a good idea of what to expect this time.

Thanks so much......

I was able to get alot of info on Tunisia, Malta, and Corsica form cruisecritic.com. Go to the ports of call/ Africa for Tunisia.

We are going to hire a taxi for a 1/2 day tour to the market, Bardo Museum and Sidi Bou Said. Prices for taxis are good at $25/hour, just confirm before getting in.

We are going to book a 1/2 day tour in Malta with Touring Malta. 210 E.

Corsica has a beach within walking distance of where we'll be docked. Also, they have a little train tour, 90 min, that takes you around town and along the coast.

We will be on the Sept 8,2010 Magic Med Cruise with our son & family.

Hope that helps !
Gina:cheer2:

Very handy info...thanks for sharing. I am making my own port guides using the info.

FYI for those of you who are thinking about doing private excursions. Many of the private driver/guide companies offer a discounted rate if you book more than one port with them.

We are using Rome in Limo this summer for 3 of our ports (Pisa/Florence, Rome and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast) and they offered a discounted rate for booking all 3. Most of the other private groups do the same. Much less expensive for our party of 9 than the cruiseline excursions, we get to set our own itinerary and avoid the big bus experience.

Andrew's very useful list of links for the 2007 med cruise is fantastic!! But I thought that it might be time to update it a little so its a bit more relevant to the 2010 cruises and some of the 2011 cruise. In particular, I've got a few more links for Malta, Tunis and private transfers for Barcelona. We're on the first 2010 med cruise and our "research" might be handy for others down the line.

Here's the info.
Barcelona private transfers
http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/
http://www.a2btransfers.com/

Malta
http://www.touringmalta.com/

La Spezia - specifically for cinque terre and for a guided walking tour. ie somone picks you up from port, train/ferry to the towns and taken back to ship. The first 2 are local companies based in 5T itself.
Agenzia Viaggi del Parco Nazionale delle 5 Terre– Official Tourist Office of Cinque Terre National Park-
http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/agenziaviaggi_catalogo09_2.asp?id_lingue=2
http://www.arbaspaa.com/
www.bellavitaitalia.com

Tunis
www.experienceittours.com
http://www.tunisiadiscoveries.com/

shushh, thanks so much for this information!!! I'm getting so excited. I had to get through Christmas first before I could really focus on our Med. cruise in May!!

one of the great things about the transatlantic cruise is that the price is great!!! Also the ship is not full -there were only 300 children instead of 1200 on the May 2011 cruise... I also see the same people on all the longer cruises (transatlantic, panama canal - and plan on seeing them on Hawaii) The disney ships feels like a family - same staff and cruisers... I have cruised all lines but Disney is my favorite...

Okay, yeah, I am a little late here, so nearly 6 years later, here we go.

First off, LOVE LOVE LOVE that trip. We now have 13 cruises under our belt and few equal that trip!

I am too new to get links in here but of you do a google search for the following phrase you can see our trip at the top of the results:

Tigger Travels Trans-Atlantic Disney Cruise on the Magic May 2007

We just came back from a Disney Cruise in the Mediterranean (July 25 to August 6, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Malta). The trip itself was awesome (food, entertainment, service, excursions, etc.) but we hade the nasty visit of bed bugs. I got more than 100 bites; my wife nearly a hundred. The first day I got a few (in the middle of the cruise) I thought they may have been mosquito bites while onshore. The second day I got dozens of bites. I got an allergic reaction too. When I reported the incident the staff did find bedbugs. They did on the same day change us to a better room and offered medical treatment. However, their only compensation was 150 US$ per person. After we moved to the new room no one ever asked us how we were doing.

The room next to ours had also bed bugs. The people there were also moved.

Why is this, and the other rather old and never commented on Transatlantic thread still stickied (sp)? Is there a particular value I don't recognize?

Why is this, and the other rather old and never commented on Transatlantic thread still stickied (sp)? Is there a particular value I don't recognize?

Im actually glad at least one of them was stickied as we are going on our first Med cruise and I even did a search and this didnt come up so it would've taken a while to reach this thread by search. Not sure if the two are the same as I've only bookmarked the one with all the info on how to DIY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts