Transatlantic- Should We Do It?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
Hi all!
My husband and I have always wanted to visit London, but we also love cruising - so we were super excited to see a Transatlantic cruise that would allow us to fly to London for a few days and then cruise back to NY! I’m a little apprehensive and would love feedback from anyone who has done one of these before.

We’ve been on several Disney cruises - 3, 4, and 7 nights. Do you go stir crazy with 4 sea days? We’ve only sailed on the Magic once before it was rehabbed and it seems a lot smaller than the newer ships. What is the sailing experience like? Is there a lot of movement? I already have to take Bonine when we cruise, but I’m wondering how rough the waters usually are. Finally, I’m a little scared!!! Does it freak anyone out to he stuck in the middle of the ocean for four days straight? What happens if there’s an emergency?

Thank you!!

What did you end up doing? I'm a bit like you 4 days in the middle of nothing what about emergencies?I'm even like that when I fly and it is only for a few hours 😅

Love sea days, but what I am wondering about is the time change going transatlantic? Do you lose /gain an hour every day? How do the kids cope with it, etc...?

Hi all!
My husband and I have always wanted to visit London, but we also love cruising - so we were super excited to see a Transatlantic cruise that would allow us to fly to London for a few days and then cruise back to NY! I’m a little apprehensive and would love feedback from anyone who has done one of these before.

We’ve been on several Disney cruises - 3, 4, and 7 nights. Do you go stir crazy with 4 sea days? We’ve only sailed on the Magic once before it was rehabbed and it seems a lot smaller than the newer ships. What is the sailing experience like? Is there a lot of movement? I already have to take Bonine when we cruise, but I’m wondering how rough the waters usually are. Finally, I’m a little scared!!! Does it freak anyone out to he stuck in the middle of the ocean for four days straight? What happens if there’s an emergency?

Thank you!!

Waters can be hit or miss going transatlantic, especially returning from Europe. I recall this year's cruise having to skip a port (WEATHER) and do two days in NYC instead.

I was on the WBTA. Waters weren't terribly rough except a day or two of rain. But it's true, we skipped our two ports in Canada to avoid colliding with the hurricane and got an extra day at sea and a day at NYC. It seemed like we were changing time zones nearly every day! I use a Fitbit as my watch and since I couldn't sync via internet (and many of the time changes were not real time zones), I never knew what time it was while at sea! Overall, I enjoyed the ports of call as they were places I had never been before.

I say yes!
My trip report link is in my signature or you can find it in this forum under 'Adventures of Jane Hat'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!