Transfer Points or Link Reservations?

Loveallthingsmouse

Mouseketeer
We have just closed on a new contract, member number has been assigned, just waiting for points to be loaded. We want to make a reservation at the new home resort (still ahead of the 7 month window) but will need points from our existing contract to complete the stay. We want to book 4 nights with the new contract, current UY and some banked points, and 7 nights with our other contract. I know we could book the 4 nights now and then would need to book the remaining nights on the 7 month mark with either option. Is it easier to book them separately and then link the two reservations? Is it better to transfer the new points into our current contract and book with that membership? Or does it not really matter? We have never transferred points, so not sure how that would change things other than it would be one reservation. TIA!

Book the 4 nights with the new contract and then book the rest at 7 months. Then link the reservations so you don't have to switch rooms. Transferred points maintain their home resort priority and once transferred you have to have MS make the reservation for you. You'd lose an hour of online bookings if you went that route. Good luck!

Book the 4 nights with the new contract and then book the rest at 7 months. Then link the reservations so you don't have to switch rooms. Transferred points maintain their home resort priority and once transferred you have to have MS make the reservation for you. You'd lose an hour of online bookings if you went that route. Good luck!

Thank you...that is exactly what I wanted to know! I figured there was a snag that I wasn't thinking about, losing that hour may or may not be an issue, but better to be safe than sorry! Thanks again!

Can you do online modify of a resie made with some transferred points?

If the transferred points are for the same resort and use year that you own, they will show up in your online account and become usable to make modifications to a reservation online. If the points are for a different use year or resort from what you own, the system still does not show the transferred points in your online account and calling MS is the only way you can use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!