Transfer Question

mbrowninc

Mouseketeer
:flower3: Hi fellow DVC Members!

I have a few questions about a transfer. A friend is returning to residency and needs to sell his remaining 2006 UY points (70 points). I would like to buy them and have him transfer into my account.

My use year is Sept. & his is Dec. if I do this transfer will I be able to bank these points into my 2007 use year?

I have read that I can only do one transfer either in or out per year. Is that per UY or calendar year? I am sure that after Dec. he will want to sell more points. Can we do another transfer then?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Melanie :flower3:

His points should remain Dec 06 points and would be transferred into your Sep 07 use year. They would have to be used by Nov 30, 2007. You wouldn't be able to transfer any more points until your Sept 08 UY.

Ok! Sorry to sound so dumb but I am still confused.

If I had him do the transfer tomorrow would they go into my 06 or 07 UY?

I was wanting to use 40-50 pts this UY (June trip for a friend) and have the rest added to my 07 points. Is this possible?

Or can I have them put into my 07 UY and borrow if my friend wants to go in June?

TIA
Melanie :flower3:

They should go into your current use year. They could be banked after they were transferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter