Transferring Resorts During Stay

wendy1974

DIS Veteran
I searched the forum and didn't see the answer so I apologize. We are moving from Pop Century to the Boardwalk Villas during our stay and this will be my first time without a car. Do we just need to bring all of our luggage to luggage services the morning we switch to the new resort? Do we need to tell them anything special? Can anyone who is experienced with transferring without a car offer any pointers?

We almost always do split stays and never have a car. The morning you switch, either call bell services or take your bags to them, and tell them you are transferring to BWV. They will take care of the rest. Keep in mind that your room will likely not be ready until around 4:00, which is usually about when your luggage will show up. We typically go to a park for the day and then head to the new resort in the late afternoon.

When we split stay we have always checked out of our room early in the morning... take our luggage with us and take an Uber or Lyft to the new resort... check in and leave luggage at bell services and then off to the park that is closest to the new resort. I'm always worried about my luggage getting lost, so this way, I'm sure it gets where it needs to go. I also have access to it, should I need it.

We rarely do a split stay, but are this time. I have a horrible track record with my room not being ready until well after 3 and we're going to MNSSHP the day we transfer so just in case, I want to have access to our luggage if we aren't in our room with enough time to get ready for the party. Fingers crossed I'll get lucky this time, but with my record, I'm not expecting it. We'll stay at our first resort right up until 11 unless by some miracle our room is ready super early. We'll have a car, but if not, I'd definitely Uber. This is one reason I don't like split stays, just couldn't avoid it this time due to room availability.

Thank you for the responses! We will probably Uber to the new resort with our luggage that morning :)

We just told our front desk that we were moving over to another resort on property...they had the bags moved over without a hitch. We always stay split stay! if I'm going to spend a couple of weeks some where I want to enjoy the location and there are so many resorts to chose from. Never had a problem moving my stuff over. Good luck and HAVE FUN!

All you need to do is tell Bell Services to transfer the bags to the new resort. It's extraordinarily easy. However, if you don't want to let the bags out of your sight, and/or you want to have access to your transferred luggage before late afternoon, then allot a little $ to use a ride share or taxi. I don't transfer anything I'll need anytime soon and I haven't had any issues letting Disney do the transferring, so I save that rideshare $ to go resort hopping later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter