Transporation from Disneyland to Magic Mtn?

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going to Magic Mtn for a day while we are at Disneyland. We won't have a car and was wondering what the best option would be for transportation?

Also would you recommend Magic Mountain over Knotts Berry Farm for 2 adults? Neither one of has been to MM or KBF.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any transportation that will be able to shuttle you between MM and DL. Renting a car for the day may be an option you probably want to consider.

Let's see...MM or Knott's? Hmmm...well, if you're into roller coasters, MM is an "Extreme" park. So, for thrills, definitely do MM. However, Knott's is nice because they have more of a mix of everything else. Plus, Knott's has awesome fried chicken at the front of the park. If you go to Knott's, you MUST do this...

I recently asked a similar question and was told that there is not really any transportation available to MM. If you do not have a car, you might consider Knotts instead because I am sure you can find a way to get there. MM has a lot more roller coasters but Knotts has a few really good ones and some other rides as well as old west shows and theming (based on my research - I have not been to either).

yes, if you're into roller coasters, definitely mm! there's a water park next to it too. but that would be another day. as for kbf, like lap3 mentioned, if you do go, MUST try the chicken! it's really yummy!!!!!!!

as for transportations, hmmmm.....tough one. in la, people mostly drive. metro link does go out to valencia, which is where mm is located. so maybe they might have a stop? good luck! :flower:

Oh, how I wish there was transportation from DL to MM. I live
5 minutes from MM and have researched traveling to DL many
times. Recently, I checked out train transportation. I determined
that it would take almost 3 hours to get to the parks from here.
AND, you would have to transfer (Amtrak/Metrolink) in Union
Station. NOT a great area of town!

I would highly recommend renting a car. It takes me approx.
1 hr. 15 minutes (in good traffic) from Valencia to Anaheim.
Although it has taken me up to 2 1/2 hours in not so good
traffic.

I don't know when your visit is, but keep in mind that MM
is currently closed during weekdays and will open to limited
hours in April. 10-6 I believe until Memorial Day.

What about super shuttle or a towncar serive? Anyone know of anybody that has good rates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter