Transportation at Downtown Disney Resorts

DancingBear

DIS Veteran
A friend has ressies at ASMo in mid-March at $109/night, is thinking about switching to Courtyard or Grosvenor at Downtown Disney for $129/night.

What is the bus transportation like from the Downtown Disney hotels? How far is it to walk from Grosvenor to a bus stop at the marketplace?

The biggest difference between the 2 is at MK. The Disney bus will take you to the entrance of the park where the DD bus only goes to TTC. When we stayed at the Hilton we were glad to have a rental car, at the *** we have always used the bus. I do not know how far the Grosvenor is to the marketplace. $109 is alot for an ***. Have you seen the discount codes?:D

The biggest difference between the 2 is at MK. The Disney bus will take you to the entrance of the park where the DD bus only goes to TTC. When we stayed at the Hilton we were glad to have a rental car, at the *** we have always used the bus. I do not know how far the Grosvenor is to the marketplace. $109 is alot for an ***. Have you seen the discount codes?:D

We stayed at the Grosvenor once. After the first day, I decided I didn't want to mess with the hotel-shared buses.
We had park passes and so I would walk down to DD and get the bus there to wherever I wanted to go. It is a short walk. There are nice wide sidewalks and only one wide street to cross. You can walk right into the bus parking area and pick which bus you want.
We didn't care for the Grosvenor, but it was the first time we stayed off site since probably 1993.
They often offer attractive prices, but I think you'd be better off checking some offers. That does seem high for ASMo. We've never stayed at the Courtyard. Maybe someone else can tell you about it.

Good luck!

Sandy - question about the Downtown Disney buses... Do they still only take you to the TTC at MK or do they go to the main gates of MK?

Thanks!

HI

We just returned from Disney World. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot. The transportation was wonderful. Each day busses arrived to take you to each park. Always on time. The only glitch was that the busses do not start running until 1 hour before park opening. We had 7:30 Chef Mickey reservations and had to take the car, however if we had wanted to we could have walked to Downtown Disney and taken the busses from there. We did use the downtown Disney bus on the night we returned from MGM. Fantasmic was late and we would have had to wait for a bus. We took a Downtown Disney bus and walked, about a 10 mimute walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter