• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation complaint!

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
I should say that the bus situation is our only complaint about FW. Everthing else was GREAT! We were in the 1400 loop (yellow bus). They don't seem to run very often. When we needed to go to MK or Epcot, we walked to the boat (luckly the water level was high enough so they let my daughter on in her wheelchair~in the past, we had to take a bus when the level was too low). It was a little long but still faster than waiting for a bus. When we went to AK, we waited for a yellow bus to take us up front. Once there, a AK bus came pretty quickly BUT it didn't have a wheelchair lift. They had the tie downs but no lift. We even offered to carry her on and then tie the chair down but the driver wouldn't let us. He said that another bus would be by shortly. Well, shortly was actually 45 minutes. By the time we finally arrived at AK, it was at least 1 1/2 hours after we left our trailer. When we went to MGM, we drove ourselves. We got a parking spot right up front and didn't have to wait.

Just a bit of a complaint. We learned that it's much better to drive yourselves if you can to AK or MGM.

Diane

If you have an HC parking permit it is much better to drive yourself to any park. We have a friend who must use an ECV and he has had to wait several times for a bus to come with the lift. The last time we were there a couple of weeks ago one of the drivers told us that Disney was in the process of changing out all the busses to the new ones that have the HUGE front window and they will ALL have the lift and they lower themselves down for loading and unloading. The new busses are nice but they look like they are more setup for carrying people standing up. The isle is very wide and they have a lot of straps to hold on to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter