Transportation from LAX

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
We have been debating on what type of transportation we should use from LAX to DL. I've heard a few horror stories about some of the shuttle services being late for pick-ups and driving all around Anaheim before being dropped off. So I think that we would like to book a private service, either a limo or towncar. Could those of you that have booked private transportation from LAX give me some advice? We've always used Tiffany Towncar when going to WDW. So we would be looking for something similar that charges by the location and not by the hour. It is just my DH and me. So I know that it will be more expensive. But I would rather pay more and be assured that we will get to where we are going in a reasonable amount of time. Who do you recommend? What type of prices did you pay? I did find a place called Quick Limousine that is charging $79 for a sedan one way from LAX. Is that a good price? Has anyone used them? HELP!

I have yet to go on my trip, but I figured I would let you know who we are using. My DW and I are using Best Worldwide Chauffeured Transportation. There address is best-trans.com. I found their name here on the DIS a few weeks ago with a good review, and gave them a call. I made my reservation on the phone and not on the web because we are flying into one airport (LGB) and flying out another (LAX). They were very helpfull and got a discount for booking a roundtrip. All together (base rate, tax, tip, fuel charge) came to $229 and change. The price you have is good but remember that there will be all the extras. My base was $88 for LGB and $97 for LAX.

Like you, I didn't not want the Super Shuttle thing were they p/u every whatever and stop at multiple stops before your hotel. Just come and get me and take me to my hotel. After months of planning, untold sums of money, and a 6 hour flight, just get me to DL and let me have fun!!:banana:

Hope this helps.

-Matthew

I used limozip (limozip.com) which I read about on this board. Anthony our driver was great. He was punctual, the limo was clean and well stocked. Our only complaint was the ride was too short. It was $168 rt from John Wayne to DL.

Matthew, thanks for the info. Limozip looks like the way to go for us. I had been dying to go in a limo instead of a towncar. And the rate was only $184 roundtrip from LAX for a stretch limo. The towncar was $168. But for $16 more I think we will go with the limo. We had looked at renting a car. But we are going to a conference for 4 days after going to DL and the hotel we are staying at wants $15 a days for parking. Just to warn everyone, if you are staying at the Marriott in Anaheim (one by the Convention Center) the fee for parking is $15 a day.

I rented a car. If anyone's thinking about it, be aware that there are no on-site car rentals at LAX.

I'm just wondering Eva how you got your roundtrip for $184 when i can only get mine online for $212?? I'm staying in Anaheim as well, so i don't get how that worked out...
Thanks

eva said:
Matthew, thanks for the info. Limozip looks like the way to go for us. I had been dying to go in a limo instead of a towncar. And the rate was only $184 roundtrip from LAX for a stretch limo. The towncar was $168. But for $16 more I think we will go with the limo. We had looked at renting a car. But we are going to a conference for 4 days after going to DL and the hotel we are staying at wants $15 a days for parking. Just to warn everyone, if you are staying at the Marriott in Anaheim (one by the Convention Center) the fee for parking is $15 a day.
I'm just wondering Eva how you got your roundtrip for $184 when i can only get mine online for $212?? I'm staying in Anaheim as well, so i don't get how that worked out...
Thanks

We did use Super Shuttle. Only $15 per person. They picked us up at 3:45 AM my request with no problems.

I had rented a car the last time we visited but didn't miss having a car this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter