Transportation from Wilderness lodge to TTC

Paulmc

Earning My Ears
We have a 9.35am Breakfast at Whispering Canyon, but would like to do EXtra Magic hours at MK from 8 - 9am then go to breakfast. Then going to Typhoon Lagoon
We have a car and my wife uses a ECV and was wondering what would be the best option ?
1. Park at Wilderness lodge catch the boat to MK then return for breakfast via boat. will this get us there for rope drop?
2. Park at TTC, Monorail to MK, boat to WL then how do we get back to TTC?
TIA

Personally I’d drop something. That’s a lot of running around for very little time at mk. If you are going to do it, I’d probably just use the buses.

I don’t know if they’d let you park at wilderness lodge that early prior to your reservations. They often limit parking. If you park at the ttc to get back to your car you’d have to ferry to mk then monorail or ferry to the ttc.

Also, I believe it's still true that every 2nd boat between MK & WL cannot accommodate ecv's, so you may have to wait for the 2nd boat to arrive.

There is also bus service between MK & WL, but I don't know what time it starts. Buses leaving MK for WL in the a.m. may stop at CR on the way.

Option 2, and then again in reverse to get back to the TTC.

MK boat to TTC is an option too instead of the monorail.

We have a 9.35am Breakfast at Whispering Canyon, but would like to do EXtra Magic hours at MK from 8 - 9am then go to breakfast. Then going to Typhoon Lagoon
We have a car and my wife uses a ECV and was wondering what would be the best option ?
1. Park at Wilderness lodge catch the boat to MK then return for breakfast via boat. will this get us there for rope drop?
2. Park at TTC, Monorail to MK, boat to WL then how do we get back to TTC?
TIA
you can also walk to Fort Wilderness via the jogging trail and take a bus from the Outpost depot

Last edited:
OP: This is a lot to do in a short time frame, but I would probably try to park at WL around 7 am. Then, I would take the bus from WL to MK. I am not sure what time the WL boat starts going to MK, but if it is like FW, it does not start until 30 minutes before the park opens, so 7:30 for an EMH. Since it does not start as early, there is no telling if the first boat will be one the EVC can go on or if you would have to wait for the next boat.

As for returning from MK to WL, upon leaving MK, I would look to see if one of the larger boats is coming to the dock or leaving. If it is coming towards the dock, I would head for the dock to head to WL. If not, I would head to the bus stop to WL.

you can also walk to Fort Wilderness via the jogging trail and take a bus from the Outpost depot

Yeah but isn't Wilderness Lodge condidered part of Fort Wilderness?

No, they are not. Totally separate resorts.
Denise
Also, the trail goes to the Settlement at FtW. The Outpost is a shuttle bus ride or another mile walk away.

And there are no buses from FtW to TTC, MK, or any of the monorail resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter