Transportation to WWOS during Marathon weekend

subtchr

DIS Veteran
Hi, All!

Sorry, this is probably posted somewhere, but I can't find it.

I am running the half, and staying with my family at AoA. Not worried about transportation to the race, I know that will be there!

But what about getting to WWOS? I will probably Uber there on Wednesday or Thursday sometime to pick up my packet, but we have two little ones running the kids' race on Friday morning at 10:30, and a couple ChEar squad packets to pick up. I'd like to get all those when we arrive for the kids' race. What is the best way to get a large group from AoA to WWOS on Friday morning, and what time should we plan to be there? The kids are running the 100-yard dash (they are both 2).

Thanks for any insights!

There is always transportation (via buses) from the hotels to WWoS. In the past the expo has opened half hour to an hour before the kids' races (for example last year kids' races began at 11:00am and the expo opened at 10:00am or 10:30am, the guide states both times so I'm not positive which is correct). Transportation begins at 9:30am from the resorts to the expo. So I would say just hop on the first bus if you want to pick up the ChEAR Squad things before the kids' races.

There is always transportation (via buses) from the hotels to WWoS. In the past the expo has opened half hour to an hour before the kids' races (for example last year kids' races began at 11:00am and the expo opened at 10:00am or 10:30am, the guide states both times so I'm not positive which is correct). Transportation begins at 9:30am from the resorts to the expo. So I would say just hop on the first bus if you want to pick up the ChEAR Squad things before the kids' races.

Thanks! So they add buses to WWOS from every resort during Marathon weekends? Throughout the day?

Thanks! So they add buses to WWOS from every resort during Marathon weekends? Throughout the day?

There should be buses to the Expo at every resort and they run throughout the day while the expo is open. They are usually charter buses and have signs at different locations than the regular Disney buses (although they are usually close). If the locations of the Expo bus pickups aren't immediately obvious most CMs at the resorts know what is going on with Marathon Weekend (in my experience) and should be able to help. I am not sure on your specific issue with picking up packets for Kid's Races on the same day (certainly won't have issues picking up the other packets), but I believe it will be feasible. Like @Anisum said, just hop on that first bus of the day to the Expo and I think everything should work out well.

There should be buses to the Expo at every resort and they run throughout the day while the expo is open. They are usually charter buses and have signs at different locations than the regular Disney buses (although they are usually close). If the locations of the Expo bus pickups aren't immediately obvious most CMs at the resorts know what is going on with Marathon Weekend (in my experience) and should be able to help. I am not sure on your specific issue with picking up packets for Kid's Races on the same day (certainly won't have issues picking up the other packets), but I believe it will be feasible. Like @Anisum said, just hop on that first bus of the day to the Expo and I think everything should work out well.

Thanks!

I'll check when I pick up my packet Wednesday, to ensure it's okay to get the kids' packets the morning of their race. If it seems to be a problem, I'll get the kids' parents over there sometime before Friday (I'm the grandma/great aunt). I just wanted to avoid making them take time from park touring if they could do it all Friday morning.

Thanks!

I'll check when I pick up my packet Wednesday, to ensure it's okay to get the kids' packets the morning of their race. If it seems to be a problem, I'll get the kids' parents over there sometime before Friday (I'm the grandma/great aunt). I just wanted to avoid making them take time from park touring if they could do it all Friday morning.

You just need to get there early.

Even the expo bus traffic can get jammed up, the buses have to drop off at their specific areas, and it’s a really decent walk all the way up to the building with the kid bibs.

And you'll look for Expo buses, not buses for wwos.

You just need to get there early.

Even the expo bus traffic can get jammed up, the buses have to drop off at their specific areas, and it’s a really decent walk all the way up to the building with the kid bibs.

And you'll look for Expo buses, not buses for wwos.

Thanks so much, we will definitely plan to get there on the first bus that morning.

for AofA and POP (they share a bus during part of the expo times) the bus pick up is in the same area with the park buses. There will be a person in a yellow or orange jackets or shirt and a clipboard to help you out. There is also usually a sandwich board sign on the sidewalk identifying where the bus will pick you up. It is a large coach bus, and not a Disney bus, so when you see it arrive, you can look to see where it goes if you are still unsure. the location you get the EXPO bus is the same spot you will pick up the bus in the morning to the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter