Transportation:what moderate and deluxe resorts....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Have their transportation like the value resorts? Meaning there's one location where they pick up and drop off and a different line for each park? This may not seem like a big deal to some, but it kind of is to me. I want to upgrade to a moderate or deluxe resort for my next trip to WDW, but I don't want to stay where it's going to take 10 or 15 minutes to leave going to multiple stops around the resort.

Probably the closest to what you seek would be AKL. Two stops, one at each building. Kidani, the Jambo to the parks. If you stay at Jambo, you have no stops. Reverse for Disney Springs, because that doubles as the internal bus.

What's the transportation like at the Boardwalk Inn? Good, bad?

The Boardwalk has one bus stop area and doesn't share buses with any other resort. Buses only to AK and MK. For DHS and EP, you walk or take a boat. One thing I like about staying in that area, if you are at AK or MK and a BWI or Swan/Dolphin bus comes sooner, you can always hop on and then simply walk to BWI from the other hotels.

BC/YC shares buses as do Swan/Dolphin. Last time I stayed at WL it shared with Ft. W, but I don't know if that's the case anymore.

Port Orleans French Quarter (a moderate) has only one bus stop by the food court/check in area of the hotel. It doesn't share with POR unless during a slow time. It also allows you to take a boat to Disney Springs. It has a separate stop at the parks to go to POFQ itself.

Several of the moderates have a resort 'loop' that goes around to several stops before going to the park.. POFQ has one (as PP mentioned)... POR has 4, CBR has 6(I think?)... not sure about CSR but at least 4.

I found this quicker than our stay at WL when the bus would leave WL, and head to FtW, or GF... having to traverse traffic & stop lights before heading to your park IMO took much longer than a loop around a resort. Most deluxes have one bus stop, but I think they will go to another resort for pick up as well. The Epcot resorts you can walk or boat to 2 parks which is super convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter