Travel Agent?

mainegurl

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

My daughter and I are thinking about taking a mother daughter cruise after she graduates high school in 2019. My one and only cruise experience was 20 years ago on DCL so we have lots of research to do! Right now we are looking at a RCCL cruise out of San Juan in July 2019. It looks like tons of fun with lots of islands to visit. One of my questions is whether or not we should use a TA. We are just back from DW this past August and got a great deal at the Poly using a TA. I know we are not supposed to share names, but I'm not even sure where to start as a google search brings back so many results. Any suggestions on where to start or key words to search to find someone reputable :rolleyes1??

Thanks!!!!!

Casey

Hey all,

My daughter and I are thinking about taking a mother daughter cruise after she graduates high school in 2019. My one and only cruise experience was 20 years ago on DCL so we have lots of research to do! Right now we are looking at a RCCL cruise out of San Juan in July 2019. It looks like tons of fun with lots of islands to visit. One of my questions is whether or not we should use a TA. We are just back from DW this past August and got a great deal at the Poly using a TA. I know we are not supposed to share names, but I'm not even sure where to start as a google search brings back so many results. Any suggestions on where to start or key words to search to find someone reputable :rolleyes1??

Thanks!!!!!

Casey

Try with the sponsor of these boards "Dreams Unlimited Travel" they book Royal Caribbean cruises, and have also done some podcasts on these cruises. They are very experience. You will also get some shipboard credit as well if you book through them.

Check out multiple TAs. Each TA will have different promotions or perks. We got a quote on one RCCL cabin that had a higher price, but offered multiple free dinning offers while another quoted a lower price with just a 100 dollar on board credit for the same room. Go to cruise.com and search for the cruise you want. The web sight will show you multiple offers from on line agencies. BTW: We sailed the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan twice with Royal. You will love it!!!

Another thing you can do is look for a local TA that specializes in cruises. Never hurts to go into an agency and just talk with someone about your trip.

I used Dreams Unlimited for my RCCL trip this past Fall. I only have wonderful things to say about them. They are a well-oiled machine and Susan (my agent) even sent me reminders and packing tips. Since it was my first cruise, I all this extremely helpful.

I don't use a TA for anything, even international travel ............. but do for a cruise. They will get you all the cruise perks plus often give you some on your own. Upcoming cruise in addition to RCL money of $100, I have also got just over $400 in OBC which will cover my gratuities and a couple specialty dinners if we want. Last cruise TA covered gratuities, a specialty dinner and gave us OBC. In addition they got RCL to match a sale they had after we booked saving even more money. This is my third time using this TA, my cousin has used them dozen or more times, and they specialize in cruises only.

Last edited:
I've used a TA for all my cruises and found them to be very helpful but I always book my own airfare and hotels. I have lots of cruise experience with DCL but when I sailed on RCL for the first time my TA was very helpful in explaining how the food rotation worked (compared to DCL), helped in selected a cabin, explained RCL drink packages, etc.

For those who have used Dreams Unlimited, how long did it take for them to contact you? I contacted them Monday and have yet to hear back.

Good luck planning your mother/daughter trip. Hope you have a blast. If I could offer just a thought, and it is totally my opinion, San Juan is one of my least favorite ports to sail from and I am not a huge fan of the freedom class vessels. You might want to explore sailing from domestic ports aboard Oasis class or Explorer Class vessels. And I would definitely use a TA as they can offer many valuable amenities as well as offer insights into different ships.

We book with Tracey at Dreams Unlimited Travel and I'm amazed by how quickly she responds. Always thorough and helpful responses. We like to use Tracey for our cruises because she has much more cruising experience than we do and knows more about the deck plans, etc. so its beneficial when selecting our cabin location.

Just remember with a TA you have no control over your reservation and the cruise line will not speak to you. If anything goes wrong with your booking you could come out the loser. Just read the thread about the cancelled cruise.

Just remember with a TA you have no control over your reservation and the cruise line will not speak to you. If anything goes wrong with your booking you could come out the loser. Just read the thread about the cancelled cruise.

On the other hand, a good TA may be able to do things for you that you could not do by yourself. For example, I recently went on a cruise with a large group. Those who booked directly with the cruise line could not get early seating in Traditional dinning. My TA and others who used a TA got that seating even though we booked close to the sail date. Personally, I have found that a call to the TA was all that is needed to get what I wanted or needed.

On the other hand, a good TA may be able to do things for you that you could not do by yourself. For example, I recently went on a cruise with a large group. Those who booked directly with the cruise line could not get early seating in Traditional dinning. My TA and others who used a TA got that seating even though we booked close to the sail date. Personally, I have found that a call to the TA was all that is needed to get what I wanted or needed.

I'll also add that in some instances, a TA may offer onboard credit as incentive to book with them. Dreams Unlimited Travel offers this for Royal (maybe more). I'm confident booking with them because of their knowledge and experience, and the onboard credit is just an added perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter