Travel Hacking ABD

That doesn't make sense, as I've booked the exact same hotel on my own, so same transfer distance, and my Travel Agent has been unable to get ABD to provide the transfer. It seems almost random. I was arriving by train with friends who *had* booked the hotel through ABD (it was included as a special offer when they booked, I believe) and ABD was going to provide them with transfers, but would not provide me with a transfer. Standing in the train station with them. Now, that trip was cancelled due to COVID, so we never got to figure out if the driver would have actually left me standing in the train station, but that was ABD's position.

Sayhello
The only thing I know for sure is that there is no consistency. I got the included transfer after booking postnights at the Grand Cal using DVC points, but I've heard plenty of stories like yours too. I think it may have to do with the fact that it was the DIS trip, so Kevin usually makes sure everything goes smoothly and the end of trip transfers are taken care of.

The only thing I know for sure is that there is no consistency. I got the included transfer after booking postnights at the Grand Cal using DVC points, but I've heard plenty of stories like yours too. I think it may have to do with the fact that it was the DIS trip, so Kevin usually makes sure everything goes smoothly and the end of trip transfers are taken care of.
Yes, I would presume it was because it was a Travel Agent exclusive trip. ABD usually is willing to do some things differently when Travel Agents set up exclusive trips. Including the transfers for everyone would likely be one of the things they'd include. The Travel Agents definitely have more leverage in those cases.

But my experience is, yes, there is no consistency. It seems to vary on a case by case basis.

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter