travel to disneyland/so. ca traffic question

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
we will be driving from santa barbara to DL on a weekday in August. we'd like to be there early since we will only have the one day at DL. we are staying over at the candy cane but will be leaving the next morning to spend some time in LA. I just can't seem to figure out the best time to leave SB in order to avoid the most traffic when we get near LA. any ideas? any idea as to when DL opens in the summer? normally the ride should take around 2 or 2.5 hours, assuming no gridlock or heavy slowdowns. any suggestions?

tia!

DL generally opens at 8 during the summer, and the parking garage opens at 7:30, so you're leaving pretty early.

does it really open that early? for some reason I thought later. but then, I haven't been in the summer in a long time.

that actually should make things a bit easier. Dh and I will be taking the trip sans kids and we really don't mind getting up very early to head out on the road. I'm thinking if we hit the road at 5 we should miss some traffic? maybe? hmmm. LA. I know its unavoidable. :)

DL opened at 8am during Spring Break. If you leave early enough, park your car at Candy Cane and walk or shuttle over to the maingate area. DL will probably stay open until midnight so you can take a mid-day break and go back and unload your car. 101 to I-5 or 101 to 134 east then south on 5 - either way the freeways are very busy now.

thanks! that was my next dilemma...do we park at DL or at the candy cane? sounds like the candy cane is easy enough to walk to the park so maybe we'll just do that.

I'm getting so excited. we aren't going until august and I'm already planning when, how, where. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter