Traveling with a hypotonic toddler

MeliPito

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first cruise vacation after the birth of our special needs child. Shes now two. She’s hypotonic and can’t walk yet so she will spend a lot of time in her stroller. Does anyone know if you’re allowed to bring a collapsible wagon on the ship to transport her to and from the beach once we dock? Can’t seem to get a straight answer. Or if you have any suggestions... thank you!

:welcome:
Are you cruising on DCL? According to the website, while “wheeled recreational equipment and transport devices” are prohibited, it does specifically call out that collapsible wagons are allowed. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

DCL also has wagons available at Castaway Cay - first-come-first-served. It would save lugging yours. And they might have better wheels for the sand. (Our collapsible wagon is horrible in sand with heavy wheels and frame.)

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, DCL. I have a collapsible and the more I think about it I can’t risk it being first come first serve basis. I’m going to take it! Thank you for finding that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!