Treehouse villas tips

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
We are heading down in two days for our first stay in the treehouse villas. I would like to open this thread up for tips while staying in the tree house villas.

Any dos

Any do nots.

Anything you liked doing most.

What to avoid? I have heard for one, busses!

wdwdano@yahoo.com said:
We are heading down in two days for our first stay in the treehouse villas. I would like to open this thread up for tips while staying in the tree house villas.

Any dos

Any do nots.

Anything you liked doing most.

What to avoid? I have heard for one, busses!

I don't know if you put in a location request, but certainly the Treehouses between the boat dock & the pool are ideally located. We loved the quiet pool there; was peaceful, serene and never really crowded. It was so nice and relaxing to come take a swim after going to the parks. We also loved taking the boat to Downtown Disney - the fact that it stopped at the Treehouses before going to Saratoga Springs meant we always had a seat.

I can't comment on the bus service because we did not use them. Rented a car for the first time ever at Disney and was pleasantly surprised at how close everything was. After numerous trips of relying on bus service, I had developed this illusion that everything was farther away. I just loved being back at the Treehouse 10-15 minutes after leaving the parks.

My favorite aspect of staying at the Treehouses was the perceived seclusion. I mean nothing was really that far away - but when we were at the Treehouse we kind of felt like we were getting away from it all. It was the most relaxing Disney trip ever for us. The best of both worlds perhaps?

Good to know. I have put in a request to be near boat dock or pool. Thanks!

I think we were in 7032 - we were just off the path to SSR as well. As far as room requests are concerned, I kind of felt like we hit the jackpot. The boat dock was a few villas over in one direction, and the pool a few villas over in the other direction. And a bus stop (had we needed to access them) was right there. My only complaint about our stay was the fact that our neighbors in 7030 were prone to using both parking places - thankfully there were several "extra" spaces over towards the pool that weren't too bad of a walk. But I still thought it was rather inconsiderate.

I think we were in 7032 - we were just off the path to SSR as well. As far as room requests are concerned, I kind of felt like we hit the jackpot. The boat dock was a few villas over in one direction, and the pool a few villas over in the other direction. And a bus stop (had we needed to access them) was right there. My only complaint about our stay was the fact that our neighbors in 7030 were prone to using both parking places - thankfully there were several "extra" spaces over towards the pool that weren't too bad of a walk. But I still thought it was rather inconsiderate.

Also good to know since we have two vehicles. Have to use secondary parking elsewhere

We like the villas in the back as well. I feel a rental is a must have at least for part of your trip. We have on our Dessie and hope to get. Near pool, nears south bus stop, near SSR walkway.

We stayed in THV’s for the first time bringing in the New Year 2013. They were great.

My best pointer would be in regards to the buses. They run a bus from two stops in the THV’s that shuttle you over to the Springs area bus stop to grab a bus to the parks. The problem with this is twofold: 1) You need to wait for two buses and 2) The bus stop at the Springs is the last one so that at busier times you may need to stand or even worse, they could be full and skip that stop.

My advice that I would have for other people staying at the THV’s is to get a villa towards the south end close to the path to the Grandstand. This way, you can just walk across the golf course to the Grandstand bus stop. They are the first stop so you can probably always get a seat. I would also make sure that the first time that you go from THV’s to the Grandstand that you do it during the daylight. While the path is lighted, you need to know where to pick it up. It isn’t an issue once you’ve done it once.

While it isn’t enforced, you are only allowed 1 vehicle in the THV area. This has been a problem for others in the past. We didn’t have any problems with this, but we were concerned based upon other people’s posts. It’s definitely an area where a car would be handy. Your extra vehicles can be parked at the Grandstand area (again a good reason to request a south location).

The pool is great. Highly under-utilized. It may be one of the only Disney Resort pools that we have had to ourselves.

My one thing that I wouldn’t do when we go back to the THV’s would be to request a room on the river by the boat dock. The biggest problem with this is that every time that the boat comes in or leaves, they blow the whistle which is very loud. If people had little kids back in the room for a mid-day nap, this would probably wake them up. I think you’re better off being on the golf course side.

Enjoy, they’re a great place to stay.

We loved the THV also. We cooked out at the private grill that each villa has. First and only time we ever cooked out. It was fun.

We also had rooms (pre and post cruise) by the path to t he grand stand area and did use the Grandstand bus stop.

I felt like we had our own little home at Disney. Also you are very close to the pool in that area.

If they offer you a room on the North End of the villas, request to wait for one at the south end.

Good luck and have fun

Hope your trip is going well.

We stayed at Treehouse 7031 right next to the Grandstand path and between the pool and the boat dock. Hope you got your request.

Some hints -if you are up for walking and don't have small children.

We walked to the grandstands for park buses and it was great, never a long wait or crowded bus.

You can walk to downtown by taking the path marked "Service Path." It is between the path to the Grandstands and the path to the boat dock.

Hang a left after the bridge and continue straight passing the next bridge over to the Carriage house. The path leads to the Westside of Downtown Disney. It a good 15- 20 minute walk , but faster than the boat.

Grilling a meal was greta fun too.

Our trip report:
http://www.hras.org/tripreports/disney2013/treehouse.htm

Love the THV, it's so nice to come back and feel completely out of the hustle and bustle that is Disney World.

Our villa was located near path that heads to the Grandstand section and also near a tee box of the golf course. Let me tell you, we heard some rather salty words coming out of those golfers. LOL. It was hilarious.

bochnikm said:
Hope your trip is going well.

We stayed at Treehouse 7031 right next to the Grandstand path and between the pool and the boat dock. Hope you got your request.

Some hints -if you are up for walking and don't have small children.

We walked to the grandstands for park buses and it was great, never a long wait or crowded bus.

You can walk to downtown by taking the path marked "Service Path." It is between the path to the Grandstands and the path to the boat dock.

Hang a left after the bridge and continue straight passing the next bridge over to the Carriage house. The path leads to the Westside of Downtown Disney. It a good 15- 20 minute walk , but faster than the boat.

Grilling a meal was greta fun too.

Our trip report:
http://www.hras.org/tripreports/disney2013/treehouse.htm

We checked out of 7032 the day after you arrived. Wasn't it an awesome location?

quirty30 said:
We checked out of 7032 the day after you arrived. Wasn't it an awesome location?

We stayed there last Oct. Awesome is too mild an adjective to describe the location. We had no problem with parking or the buses. Also did the walk from the Springs pool and bus stops with no issues, quite a nice walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter