Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I'm about to book a family trip for August, 2021. We're trying to decide whether to reserve a club level room, or a regular room. In our (subjective) view, club level isn't worth the additional cost unless it includes the option to buy extra fastpasses. So I will only book club level if I decide that it is more likely than not that this program will be revived and operating next summer.

Of course, at this point, we don't even know if fastpasses will be coming back at all --- or whether Disney will replace them with a boarding group model or some other line management system. And if fastpasses do come back, we don't know if Disney will take this opportunity to move to the long-rumored paid fastpass model.

So, obviously, the answer to my question is, "Nobody knows." But I would still appreciate your collective wisdom and best guesses. Do you think that the club level fastpass program will be reinstated when the pandemic is over? (Whether the pandemic will be over by next summer is a whole different question that I would rather not get into. So let's leave that to the side.)
It is anyone's guess, and I will speculate based on the rumors that have been floating around for some time that, when things are more normal (whenever that is, I make absolutely NO assumptions either way about 2021), Disney will be using the current "no FP+" situation to finally introduce the Disney Genie, which is an app that will customize the day and experience for your family and make suggestions for attractions, dining, etc.

Rumors indicate that FPs will be able to be purchased through the Disney Genie app. Rumors indicate that anyone who wants to purchase FPs will be able to do so (i.e., they are not going to limit it to CL).

The CL FP Trial program was very manual and labor intensive - a CL person had to book it for you. I think that Disney will make a program that will bring in more revenue by being available to everyone and being able to be self-booked (so that you don't have to pay a person to do this).

So, if I had to give my best guess is that yes, there will be a way, in some future date, to purchase FPs, but that it will not be related at all to CL.

It is anyone's guess, and I will speculate based on the rumors that have been floating around for some time that, when things are more normal (whenever that is, I make absolutely NO assumptions either way about 2021), Disney will be using the current "no FP+" situation to finally introduce the Disney Genie, which is an app that will customize the day and experience for your family and make suggestions for attractions, dining, etc.

Rumors indicate that FPs will be able to be purchased through the Disney Genie app. Rumors indicate that anyone who wants to purchase FPs will be able to do so (i.e., they are not going to limit it to CL).

The CL FP Trial program was very manual and labor intensive - a CL person had to book it for you. I think that Disney will make a program that will bring in more revenue by being available to everyone and being able to be self-booked (so that you don't have to pay a person to do this).

So, if I had to give my best guess is that yes, there will be a way, in some future date, to purchase FPs, but that it will not be related at all to CL.
Thanks for this very thoughtful and helpful response.

I've been researching this and agree with the above speculation. We ultimately decided against CL, as we don't think it will be worth it without the extra FPs (for us, personally). I'm hopeful that fast passes will return in some form before our trip, but we're going in the first quarter of 2021, so who knows? I would definitely be willing to pay for FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter