Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I made my FPs a little over a week ago. I called once to tweak something but I was wondering if I can email them with more changes. Any time I have emailed in the past they have always called me back, so just wondering if they can change FPs over email (just no time for calls today). Thanks!
So I emailed them my requested change and they changed and emailed me back confirming. No phone call. Yay! What do you think about this timeline:

6:00 Droid
7:00 Oga’s
7:15-8:15 SDD
9:00 Fantasmic

APs can have length of stay FPs, as long as *every* single day of FP is tied to an onsite, Disney-owned resort reservation.

A single day of FP without an onsite reservation will trigger the 7-day limit.

The problem with CLFP is that the system does *not* recognize it as a FP tied to an onsite reservation. Only the regular FPs that you can book yourself at 60 days are recognized. It thinks you have an FP booked without an onsite reservation. As such, a single day of CLFP will trigger the 7-day FP limit for APs.

So, I would recommend that if you have a long onsite stay, that you avoid CLFP, as you will only be able to make FPs for 7 of your days.
Wait. I have an AP and my husband does not. We have an 8 day stay coming up in December and we were going to do the CL FPs for three or four days. But if we do that I can't make FPs for the eighth day?!?!

Wait. I have an AP and my husband does not. We have an 8 day stay coming up in December and we were going to do the CL FPs for three or four days. But if we do that I can't make FPs for the eighth day?!?!

Correct.

Just not right, is it?

Ok, I need to stop and think about this for a second as sometimes this topic confuses me, but I thought once you get to your 60 days everything acts “as normal” in terms of your length of stay FP booking privileges.

Ok, I need to stop and think about this for a second as sometimes this topic confuses me, but I thought once you get to your 60 days everything acts “as normal” in terms of your length of stay FP booking privileges.

Really? I hope so. I understood that if you booked CLFP+ that the 7 day AP FP+ max rule came into effect. I Hope that you are right.

I agree. Doesn’t seem right. This was going to be our first split stay ever after 17 trips. I got a call from DSS this morning after I emailed them to confirm the issues with fastpasses/split stays/annual passes. The CM verified 7 consecutive days is the max. I am disappointed as we were looking forward to a new adventure. Oh well, we will just stick with what we know at the Boardwalk and enjoy Food & Wine again.
Multiple guests have been told it's not possible. You can ask, but this has been an issue for a year and a half.

These and other similar experiences/posts are the reason that I believed that this is a problem for AP holders. I have been planning whether or not to do CLFP_+ for part of our trip in Dec. The 90 days from checkout is approaching and I have to plan / replan based on how many days we can book reg FP+ if we book CLFP+. Along with the expense (there are 10 of us in all), if we cannot book our regular FP+ with everyone else at 60 days, I am not sure if it is worth the trouble. About half of us have regular PH tickets and the rest of us have AP's.

Really? I hope so. I understood that if you booked CLFP+ that the 7 day AP FP+ max rule came into effect. I Hope that you are right.

It comes into effect when it’s outside the 60 day window and you have multiple stays in close proximity. Like in the example of someone with multiple separate stays (not split stays) over a 90 day period, some off and some on. The off-site stay throws a wrench in the things and will trigger the AP max 7 day FP thing. CLFPs booked outside of the normal 60 day window also throw a wrench in things, but once you’re in the 60-day window it’s not an issue. Now, whether FP #8 can be booked at 60 days from check-in or just 60 days from that date you’re trying to make is something I’d need to think through.

@trishadono - didn’t you just go through something like this and when you got in your 60 day window you could book FPs #8+?

It comes into effect when it’s outside the 60 day window and you have multiple stays in close proximity. Like in the example of someone with multiple separate stays (not split stays) over a 90 day period, some off and some on. The off-site stay throws a wrench in the things and will trigger the AP max 7 day FP thing. CLFPs booked outside of the normal 60 day window also throw a wrench in things, but once you’re in the 60-day window it’s not an issue. Now, whether FP #8 can be booked at 60 days from check-in or just 60 days from that date you’re trying to make is something I’d need to think through.

@trishadono - didn’t you just go through something like this and when you got in your 60 day window you could book FPs #8+?

OK, we are staying onsite - 2 days in the new CSR tower (CL), then 4 days in BLT (not CL), then 4 days in the YC (CL). Nine nights total.
[That looks like 10 nights, but we overlapped the CSR tower and first night at BLT in order to not be 'homeless' from 11:00 until 4:00. The men will stay with littles at CSR while the ladies will get groceries and check in/ clean up (for severe anaphylactic allergies) at BLT.] before the men and children move over at bedtime.

Should I book CLFP+ at 90 days or will it mess up our booking for AP's at the 60 day window? Which I do will change our plans, especially as we will be there over Dec 5th!

Any thoughts on if there will be FP+ for SW:GE by then?

Of course, we will have an issue in Jan when just DH and I are going again. Then the 7 day rule will hit us, I guess. However, we are staying CL and will book the 'must dos' that way. as CLFP+. For just the two of us, we will roll with what we can book whenever we can book them.

I don't know if an AP is worth it anymore - just so complicated for planning, especially for multiple stays.

YEP. Only could book 7 days worth. I had 3 trips booked with the last one where I needed the CL passes. At the 60 day for that trip I was able to add al my missing days and change my regular fp but still have to call to change any CL passes .

YEP. Only could book 7 days worth. I had 3 trips booked with the last one where I needed the CL passes. At the 60 day for that trip I was able to add al my missing days and change my regular fp but still have to call to change any CL passes .

Sorry, Trishadono, but now I'm confused.....on that last trip.......do you mean that you were only able to book 7 days worth of reg FP+ at 90 days from Checkout and then the rest of the days for reg FP+ at 60 days from Check in? OR were you only able to book 7 days at 60 days from check in?

Sorry, Trishadono, but now I'm confused.....on that last trip.......do you mean that you were only able to book 7 days worth of reg FP+ at 90 days from Checkout and then the rest of the days for reg FP+ at 60 days from Check in? OR were you only able to book 7 days at 60 days from check in?
I could only have 7 days worth at the 90 days. My trips were 8/29-9/2 , 9/14-16 and 10/10-14. The cl passes were for 10/10 trip. I really needed those days so I used 3 of my days there and 4 for 8/29 trip. The 9/14 trip was added after I had booked at 90 days but before the 60 day mark for 10/10 trip.. Make sense?

So at 60 day mark for 10/10 trip i could then add my arrival day 8/29 , book my 9/14 weekend and add arrival and checkout days for 10/10 trip.

Need more? just ask, it is a confusing system for sure.

I think I have finally figured it out. Please bear with me because these are not regular scenarios and I would like to be able to understand precisely what triggers and releases the 7-day limit for APs with CLFP.

This is my theory: if you have CLFP, the system looks for a stay within 60 days and does not see it, so it thinks you are offsite, which triggers the 7 day FP limit for APs, since a day of FP without an onsite stay automatically triggers that limit for APs.

But, once *all* your stays are within 60-days, it correctly associates your CLFP with onsite stays and you can then make FPs for all your onsite days.

The problems we had seen, where guests could not make FPs beyond 7 days with an AP May have had CLFP and *multiple* stays, so one or more stays were at 60-days, but the CLFPs were beyond 60 days, triggering the 7-day limit.

Can everyone who had more than 7 onsite days with AP and CLFP confirm they either had one of the two scenarios below:
A) Had one onsite stay but were able to add the rest of the days of FPs at 60 days, even if they were limited to 7 days at 90 days from checkout *or*
B) Had multiple onsite stays, so the CLFP limited their to 7 days until all stays were within 60 days or until some of the 7 days of FPs were used?

I hope this is not too confusing and we can sort this out for those planning on CLFPs with their APs.

I think I have finally figured it out. Please bear with me because these are not regular scenarios and I would like to be able to understand precisely what triggers and releases the 7-day limit for APs with CLFP.

This is my theory: if you have CLFP, the system looks for a stay within 60 days and does not see it, so it thinks you are offsite, which triggers the 7 day FP limit for APs, since a day of FP without an onsite stay automatically triggers that limit for APs.

But, once *all* your stays are within 60-days, it correctly associates your CLFP with onsite stays and you can then make FPs for all your onsite days.

The problems we had seen, where guests could not make FPs beyond 7 days with an AP May have had CLFP and *multiple* stays, so one or more stays were at 60-days, but the CLFPs were beyond 60 days, triggering the 7-day limit.

Can everyone who had more than 7 onsite days with AP and CLFP confirm they either had one of the two scenarios below:
A) Had one onsite stay but were able to add the rest of the days of FPs at 60 days, even if they were limited to 7 days at 90 days from checkout *or*
B) Had multiple onsite stays, so the CLFP limited their to 7 days until all stays were within 60 days or until some of the 7 days of FPs were used?

I hope this is not too confusing and we can sort this out for those planning on CLFPs with their APs.
I think my situation I had back in late February/early March falls under Scenario B:
We have platinum APs.
Our first trip was 12/20-12/27; purchased CLFP+ for 12/21-12/26 (opted out on travel days)
Our second trip was 2/23-3/2; again, purchased CLFP+ for all non-travel days (2/24-3/1)

We discovered on Day 4 of our second trip, when we tried to modify our regular FP, that all of our regular FP from at least Day 3 on (not sure about Days 1 and 2) had been booked as CLFP and were therefore not modifiable by us (huge surprise and very inconvenient). We were told by DSS and a BWI CL CM that the DSS CM who booked these for us apparently booked the regular FPs as CLFP as a "fix" or a "workaround" to the 7 day rule (which I'd honestly never heard of before this came up). That was really nice of the DSS CM to do that, but I continue to feel that we should've been told/warned she was doing this so we'd be aware we couldn't modify them ourselves. Honestly, that makes a big difference to us -- it may not to some, but for the way H and I do adults-only trips (and especially since he got sick and we HAD to change our plans), it was a major inconvenience, and ironing out the problem took several hours away from our vacation.

Not sure if this matters or not, but both of our stays were split stays as well (December was WL/BC CL; Feb/March was GF/BWI CL).

HTH! And I hope my post makes sense...honestly this is all very confusing to me!

ETA: We have a CL trip coming up 10/24-10/27, but we have opted to not purchase CLFP for that trip, because we are also doing a 12/20-12/27 trip again this year. We will definitely want CLFP for the December trip and didn't want to risk the 7 day rule messing things up again by buying CLFP for the October trip.

I could only have 7 days worth at the 90 days. My trips were 8/29-9/2 , 9/14-16 and 10/10-14. The cl passes were for 10/10 trip. I really needed those days so I used 3 of my days there and 4 for 8/29 trip. The 9/14 trip was added after I had booked at 90 days but before the 60 day mark for 10/10 trip.. Make sense?

So at 60 day mark for 10/10 trip i could then add my arrival day 8/29 , book my 9/14 weekend and add arrival and checkout days for 10/10 trip.

Need more? just ask, it is a confusing system for sure.

OK, that makes sense now. Thank you!!!

This makes sense to me. I hope that we can confirm that this is all correct!

So that means that it is only when a second trip is involved that the CLFP+ causes the 7 day limit to take effect? Not a factor in a continuous split stay. Also, it makes sense that all FP+ would be bookable at the 60 day from check in. Sounds good to me.

B

Hello,

I am considering purchasing 3 days of CLFP+ for our stay over Thanksgiving. Our 90 day window opens in a few days.

If hours and/or EEMH are extended, I don't think that we will need the additional fastpasses. My issue is that the hours probably won't be updated until well within my 60 day FP+ window. So what happens if I book CLFP+...then the hours are extended or EEMH is added...and I want to cancel the CLFP+ let's say 2 weeks before we arrive? Will my other 3 regular FP+ remain in place and only the 3 additional CL FP+ will be canceled for each day?

Thanks!

Here now. Used the three CLFP yesterday with no issues, but Monday was a mess. We used our TSMM at 5pm with no issues. Next up was SDD at 6pm but it closed due to rain so that switched to an anytime, but expired that same day. Went back on TSMM with the anytime because SDD was not going to reopen, and got evacuated off the ride. They did give us an anytime for that, but then whole park closed early (presumably due to something weather related?) and we were not going to a park the next day, which is when the anytime expired. We never got to use our 3rd CLFP that day because the park closed. Waited on the phone twice for over 30 minutes trying to talk to DSS and e-mailed with still no reply as of today. Best the concierge at our resort could do were two anytime FP, but we can’t use them on the rides our CLFP were originally for. JMO, but there should be a better redemption contingency plan for CLFP if you can’t use them due to a park closing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Made my club level fastpasses today. Easy. Phone call took just 20 min. But now, I am second guessing one of my ride choices. We were going to get a fastpass for the alien swirling saucers, but the DSS person on the phone recommend TSM instead, as it would have the longer line. We have done TSM a number of times and love it, but have never done alien swirling saucers. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts