Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Our flight day out of WDW is one of our CLFP days. Because I don’t want to schedule FP+ too close to our departure time, do we have to schedule 6 FP+s or can we choose to do only 5?

You can do whatever you choose/works best for your particular schedule.

Are there any recent reports about what happens to FPs if one is duplicated by user on their own after CM does initial scheduling? So if I switch one of the traditional FP to FoP at my 60 day mark even though I already have a CLFP for FoP, will it get switched back? Will I lose both?

We are all booked!! YAY :jumping1:
It took about an hour on the phone because systems were running slower than usual. We also could not book any FP+ for the shows (Frozen, Indiana Jones, Beauty/Beast) at DHS. Apparently times are not yet released for Jan. 2-4. But that’s ok because it’s easier to FP+ or stand-by for those anyway!
All in all it was a great experience and thanks to all of you on this thread for your help and suggestions!

Here’s a simple question (I hope)— once you make your CL FPs, can you modify them in MDE?

for your standard 3 fastpasses you can modify them once you reach your 60day mark. I was not able to change them before that time. Had to call DSS for that.

For the 3 purchased FAsrpasses. You can or modify them at ALL. You must call DSS to do this. Rule of thumb would be to book rides you may NOT do via std fast pass so u don’t have to deal with DSS doing it for you.

I've not been able to find this specific information in this thread.

If we book CLFP as the 2nd part of a split stay -- will there be an issue with the fact that park tickets are not specifically attached to the CL reservation?
We currently are staying one night at WL (not CL) and our park tickets are attached to that reservation. Then we are staying an additional 3 nights room only (at the moment not CL -- but considering changing to CL).
If we do change just the 2nd portion of our split stay (the room only part) will there be any issue around this with CLFP since park tickets are not attached to that specific reservation?

I've not been able to find this specific information in this thread.

If we book CLFP as the 2nd part of a split stay -- will there be an issue with the fact that park tickets are not specifically attached to the CL reservation?
We currently are staying one night at WL (not CL) and our park tickets are attached to that reservation. Then we are staying an additional 3 nights room only (at the moment not CL -- but considering changing to CL).
If we do change just the 2nd portion of our split stay (the room only part) will there be any issue around this with CLFP since park tickets are not attached to that specific reservation?
Not sure I completely understand your question, but when I called to book my CLFP, she said I did not need park tickets in order to book CLFP, but if I wanted her to also book my 3 regular fastpasses for me, then I did need to have a park ticket attached to my reservation.

Question for CL FP experts, please! :) I am a bit unsure whether or not to take advantage of this program for our upcoming late March trip. Apparently, crowds will be high, so it may benefit us. However, we had only planned on two light park days and want to utilize MK Early Morning Magic (separate ticketed event) on one of those days. Disney has pulled availability for MK EMM for the date we purchased (they have done this before and cancelled the event), so I'm wondering if we should consider the purchased CL FP program as a back up plan. However, that would require us to to move from two to three park days and would have to be in the parks at least through the first six booked FPs.
Suggestions??? TIA!!!!!! :thanks:

Question for CL FP experts, please! :) I am a bit unsure whether or not to take advantage of this program for our upcoming late March trip. Apparently, crowds will be high, so it may benefit us. However, we had only planned on two light park days and want to utilize MK Early Morning Magic (separate ticketed event) on one of those days. Disney has pulled availability for MK EMM for the date we purchased (they have done this before and cancelled the event), so I'm wondering if we should consider the purchased CL FP program as a back up plan. However, that would require us to to move from two to three park days and would have to be in the parks at least through the first six booked FPs.
If you book it you can cancel if that helps. So book at 90 days and have time to think about it.

I go to wdw a 4-5 times a year. Generally I dont need the extra passes. The trip this week I have a 1st timer so thought it may be helpful.

The only other time I would do would be with DD my ride junky IF it was an extra busy time. Although we didn't need them for Labor Day weekend, we managed fine.

If you book it you can cancel if that helps. So book at 90 days and have time to think about it.

I go to wdw a 4-5 times a year. Generally I dont need the extra passes. The trip this week I have a 1st timer so thought it may be helpful.

The only other time I would do would be with DD my ride junky IF it was an extra busy time. Although we didn't need them for Labor Day weekend, we managed fine.

@trishadono ,TY for your quick reply! :-) We go about once a year. We wanted a relatively quiet, relaxing trip (cabanas, resort hopping, etc.) and a couple of partial park days.We are taking my mother, who hasn't been to Disney in 30 years (!!!!), so I want it to be perfect! I like the idea of two park days and a slow-paced vacation. At the same time, it's enticing to know we would have FPs for everything we want at desired times, but adding a park day would also make the trip less relaxing.
A lot to think about... TY again!:thanks:

We’ve done the CL FPs twice. The first time stil had the reserved fireworks spots included, so that was great. We are usually in the parks for The first half of the day; we’re not park commandos. Trying to stay long enough to do 6 FPs was challenging. Especially since you can’t change the paid ones yourself. I did like being able to bypass the tiers tho. What worked better for us was doing normal FPs in the morning with maybe 1 paid FP. Then we would do the 2 other paid FPs at tier 1 attractions in another park in the evening. We are going next Easter so I might consider it again. There are only 2 of us, so not huge extra expense.

We’ve done the CL FPs twice. The first time stil had the reserved fireworks spots included, so that was great. We are usually in the parks for The first half of the day; we’re not park commandos. Trying to stay long enough to do 6 FPs was challenging. Especially since you can’t change the paid ones yourself. I did like being able to bypass the tiers tho. What worked better for us was doing normal FPs in the morning with maybe 1 paid FP. Then we would do the 2 other paid FPs at tier 1 attractions in another park in the evening. We are going next Easter so I might consider it again. There are only 2 of us, so not huge extra expense.
TY for your reply and for sharing your experience! We are also not park commandos, so being in the parks until 2 would be about as late as we would stay. I do like your suggestion of splitting up the day by returning to the park in the evening to finish up some paid FPs. We are a group of five, so it’s a decent added expense, but I think it will take away so much stress that comes from planning and maniacally refreshing while in the parks! Thanks again! 😊

Not sure I completely understand your question, but when I called to book my CLFP, she said I did not need park tickets in order to book CLFP, but if I wanted her to also book my 3 regular fastpasses for me, then I did need to have a park ticket attached to my reservation.
Thanks for the response.
I guess what I'm asking is will I have an issue if I don't have park tickets specifically attached to my CL reservation. Our park tickets are actually attached to the non CL part of our split stay). The non CL stay comes first at a different resort.

Thanks for the response.
I guess what I'm asking is will I have an issue if I don't have park tickets specifically attached to my CL reservation. Our park tickets are actually attached to the non CL part of our split stay). The non CL stay comes first at a different resort.
If both your resorts are linked in mydisneyexperience, I don’t know why this would be an issue. Wouldn’t the tickets be automatically linked to your whole trip? Unless your tickets can’t be used until your 2nd hotel or there is a variation in ticket pricing tiers between your club level stay and other resort stay?

Thanks for the response.

This souldn’t be an issue. I have a split stay, 1 at GF and 2nd at BC and tickets are attached to 1st hotel stay. While both the stays are CL I can’t see why DSS wouldn’t book yours. I have read many have done this. 1 portion is CL, another is standard stay somewhere else.

If your asking will DSS allow you to add CLFP to the portion of your trip that your not staying CL, the official answer is no, but it is a trial program and nothing seems to be set in stone and I’ve have asked and had things done others would not believe would be allowed. At end of day it depends on who you are talking with at the given time.

This souldn’t be an issue. I have a split stay, 1 at GF and 2nd at BC and tickets are attached to 1st hotel stay. While both the stays are CL I can’t see why DSS wouldn’t book yours. I have read many have done this. 1 portion is CL, another is standard stay somewhere else.

If your asking will DSS allow you to add CLFP to the portion of your trip that your not staying CL, the official answer is no, but it is a trial program and nothing seems to be set in stone and I’ve have asked and had things done others would not believe would be allowed. At end of day it depends on who you are talking with at the given time.
Thanks all for the responses. I can confirm it was not an issue. Officially booked CL for the 2nd part of our split stay yesterday and was indeed able to book CLFP (and normal FP) without issue during the CL portion of our stay.

I'm planning a short NYE trip (my third) and have opted for the CL Fastpasses. It's expensive, yes, and I personally will not be doing 6 park hours per day at that uncomfortably busy time of year. However, my teens definitely will, and husband most likely will. I agree with others - for me the value proposition of the CL FP lies with efficiency. I do several short trips per year. My family and I have no desire to fastpass anything but Tier 1's / headliners. I believe I'll gain a good bit of value by riding all Tier 1's, not having to rope drop, and by having the best rides pre-arranged at a very crowded time of year. Regarding SWGE - kids have already ridden Smugglers Run (thought it was cool but weren't blown away by it) and as far as RoR, we'll just wait until fastpass is available for it at some future trip. We didn't ride FOP the first year it came out, and we lived. I've thought it through, and we'll see if the CL FP "reality" lives up to my analysis of "probable value". I will say that booking w/DSS was an absolute breeze. Following the brief and efficient phone call, they emailed me a very nice printable itinerary, and I went on about my day (feeling that I'd already gotten my money's worth by not having to book fastpasses - joking but not joking).

TY for your reply and for sharing your experience! We are also not park commandos, so being in the parks until 2 would be about as late as we would stay. I do like your suggestion of splitting up the day by returning to the park in the evening to finish up some paid FPs. We are a group of five, so it’s a decent added expense, but I think it will take away so much stress that comes from planning and maniacally refreshing while in the parks! Thanks again! 😊
Just a thought on your group of 5... can you buy it for 3 or 4 and just rotate the extra rides? We took grandma with us last time... i bought her the extra FP but she wasn't interested in going on many of the rides... especially once she figured out she could give her band to my daughter who could then go twice.... i know breaking the rules... sort of but one way to save some money... I will not be buying grandma the extra fast passes this year.... if she wants to go... I will happily hand her my magic band and hang back if it saves me $450! Thats a nice spa visit at GF!

I have one day in Epcot, so I'm trying to figure out what to even use 6 FPs for in Epcot once I knock out Test Track, FEA, and Soarin'. My group does not like Mission Space, what else would even need a FP?
we ended up not using them all that day! An expensive cost to eat but not waiting in line made it worth it... I figured I paid a bit extra to score some pool time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter