Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

90 days from my check out day is Monday, but I assume that CL FP selections should be excellent until the 60 day FP windows open up for everyone else onsite in Feb. I figure I have another 3 weeks to let this whole Hollywood Studios madness sort itself out before I need to pull the trigger on CL FP. Passing on it for now, but if the Star Wars attractions move to FP+ within the next month, I'm on it!
Hm.....since you can totally cancel and get your money back, I"m wondering if you should book at 90 days and then modify if you have more answers. I'd hate for it to be too late for you.

If you book your CLFP now for HS and then change your mind and cancel, do they cancel all of your fast passes or just the 3 CL ones? Does that question make sense?

You can call DSS and ask but our experience was that they do not cancel all of them. Our experience may be a bit different though due to the circumstances for cancelling. We had them scheduled last year for a Labor Day trip and we weren’t sure we were going to be able to make it because of the hurricane that was threatening. We preemptively cancelled them and we were able to keep the ones coded as regular fastpasses but the special ones were cancelled. When you choose them they are designated as special ones and regular ones (as the regular ones must follow tiering if that makes sense). We were a little sad to lose some of them so that’s something to keep in mind when you are choosing.

If you book your CLFP now for HS and then change your mind and cancel, do they cancel all of your fast passes or just the 3 CL ones? Does that question make sense?
I have booked the program twice and once had to cancel 1 day. When I cancelled, it was still over the 60 day mark and all my FPs were cancelled (CL and Regular). I asked how "close" if I cancelled would the regular FPs stay, and they had a standard answer at the time that they would all still be cancelled, but they'd be assessed on a case by case basis. I could imagine people abusing this system if they cancelled two days before and still kept all the regular FPs that were booked well in advance.

Can you modify your regular fast passes that DSS books for you right away, or do you need to wait until your normal booking window opens?

Hate to say it, but still considering CL FP.

I don't know if you have any opinion, but wondering if you got into the planning stages far enough where CL or regular fast passes should go first?

Certainly, the sooner I get rid of my regular fast passes, the sooner I can pick a 4th or 5th.

Any suggestions? Like to use CL FP first to get them cleared out....

Last edited:

I don't know if you have any opinion, but wondering if you got into the planning stages far enough where CL or regular fast passes should go first?

Certainly, the sooner I get rid of my regular fast passes, the sooner I can pick a 4th or 5th. However, not sure if it means as much if I have a few change party options lined up.

A lot of people agree with CLFP 1st and schedule as such. i think this is an excellent strategy for most times of the year. Especially when same day fast passes are readily available.

Now for TLDR. We went Christmas week, and my CL and standard were all interspersed. I was able to get some additional same day fast passes at MK during evening. We stayed WL, so I didn’t really try for any other parks. My fp choices meant it didn’t always matter what order they were scheduled—mostly because of shows, total experience time, etc. I worried more about crisscrossing the parks. I scheduled all my go pretty much one after the other every hour. FOTLK and BATB allowed fast pass overlap. Indiana Jones did not. By overlap, I mean 1:30 FOLTK fp For 2 pm show allowed 2 pm fast pass window for Kilimanjaro Safaris. We also used CLFP to park hop one day. As I planned my schedule, the fixed showtimes forced my FP order. Especially in DHS where I picked ST and a show as my tier 2s.

Certainly, the sooner I get rid of my regular fast passes, the sooner I can pick a 4th or 5th. However, not sure if it means as much if I have a few change party options lined up.

For my upcoming trip I put all my paid for FP first (aside from one on the third day, but that was because I wanted to ride SDD at night and didn't want to bank on the line being short near close), and the rest are in the afternoon at whatever park I wanted to close down. I got all my FP back to back which was easy to do since all the times were open for picking. So on my arrival day I always start at MK, I'll be on DME around 9am and after checking in and everything will head to MK where I have my paid FP: SM @ 11:30, SDMT @ 12:30, BTMR @ 1:30. After BTMR I plan on heading over to Epcot where I have all of my regular FP starting at 2:45. These are back to back so once I do the last one I'll try for another one for a tier 1 ride, of course only Soarin' and Frozen are open during my trip, but can probably get a Soarin and lots of options for tier 2. My second day I do the same thing starting at HS where I have: SDD @ 10:30, TSMM @ 11:30, ToT @ 12:30. Then I have my three regular FP at Epcot, and assuming I can get in a boarding group for ROTR I'll fit that in there too, but I'm going to Epcot for the festival so I'm not worried about getting any extra FP (but I'll be done with FP at 5:30 so I'll still have plenty of time if I want). The last day I didn't keep all my paid for FP in the same park, I only wanted to ride two rides at AK so I used two there (FOP & EE), then the last one is for SDD right before park close, the regular ones are just random ones from HS that I wanted to ride including RnR rounding out almost all of the tier 1 over 2 days....I don't like riding SS alone. So you can do it however you want, since I'm alone this worked for me and still leaves me plenty of time both at the beginning and end of most of the days to either RD stuff at park open or grab more FP at the end. I only got the paid FP for half of my trip, and I have a FP for every ride that has FP that I want to ride, so it's a pretty good deal to me (and you can't beat having your pick of times when you call, it's almost overwhelming).

Do the booking restrictions go away if you use all the CL FPs? For example, if my last CL FP is from 10-11, can I move up one of my regular fast pass right after I tap in? I.e. does it behave like a regular fast pass in that regard?

Do the booking restrictions go away if you use all the CL FPs? For example, if my last CL FP is from 10-11, can I move up one of my regular fast pass right after I tap in? I.e. does it behave like a regular fast pass in that regard?
You cannot modify your CLFP. You have to call in. *If* an earlier one is available when they look, they will be able to move it for you.

You cannot modify your CLFP. You have to call in. *If* an earlier one is available when they look, they will be able to move it for you.

I was referring to my last CLFP. Once I use it, will I be able to move up my regular fast pass if there is availability? My assumption is yes but just confirming.

I understand that the CLFP cannot be moved by anyone except DSS.

I was referring to my last CLFP. Once I use it, will I be able to move up my regular fast pass if there is availability? My assumption is yes but just confirming.

Yes, what you said is accurate.

Your regular FPs are exactly that - regular FPs. Regular FPs can be modified! Once you use your CLFP, you should not see it anymore in your account and should be able to look for something else.

Edit to add: @GADisneyDad14 beat me to it! Jinx, you owe me a Coke!

Last edited:
Well, I bit the bullet and scheduled my CL FPs today.

I ended up scheduling most of my regular fast passes early, except on my HS day. That gives me a chance to burn some Tier 2s in Epcot, as well as some flexibility in case I need to move morning FP's to later if we get a late start. Typically we are almost always in the parks in the early afternoon, so I scheduled my critical FPs as CL during that time, but mornings and evenings are variable according to the whim of the ladies in my life. :confused3

I didn't realize I have up to the day before to cancel, so it really gives me plenty of time to think about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!