Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

If I book a premium room at the Disney Swan or Dolphin using Marriott points, will I still be able to do this? I saw that some of the suites at Swan and Dolphin qualify, and I have a lot of Marriott points I could use. Anyone know? Thanks!

If I book a premium room at the Disney Swan or Dolphin using Marriott points, will I still be able to do this? I saw that some of the suites at Swan and Dolphin qualify, and I have a lot of Marriott points I could use. Anyone know? Thanks!
You have to book a standard room on points and then pay a cash upgrade to a qualifying suite. We have done this twice now and qualify for the program. Call in house reservations to do the upgrade.

You have to book a standard room on points and then pay a cash upgrade to a qualifying suite. We have done this twice now and qualify for the program. Call in house reservations to do the upgrade.

Thanks for your reply! Very helpful. Can I ask which type of room you upgraded to? I assume the Premium Alcove room is the least expensive. Ideally I would like to get whatever upgrade is the least expensive. On the Swan and Dolphin website I don't even see a category called Premium Alcove room. They do have Family Rooms. Do you know if that is the same thing? Thanks!

Thanks for your reply! Very helpful. Can I ask which type of room you upgraded to? I assume the Premium Alcove room is the least expensive. Ideally I would like to get whatever upgrade is the least expensive. On the Swan and Dolphin website I don't even see a category called Premium Alcove room. They do have Family Rooms. Do you know if that is the same thing? Thanks!
It’s all very confusing but we have a deluxe alcove room booked and that qualifies. We added on a connecting double room and turned the whole thing into a suite but I don’t think that was needed for the program. In house reservations is very helpful but don’t always know about the DSS process. But you can call DSS and let them know your reservation number and they can advise you.

I've tried searching and can't find the answer to this....

If I purchase CLFP for an attraction, can I book a free fast pass for that same attraction on the same day (example- purchase a FOP and book a free FOP )?

I've tried searching and can't find the answer to this....

If I purchase CLFP for an attraction, can I book a free fast pass for that same attraction on the same day (example- purchase a FOP and book a free FOP )?
Not according to the DSS CMs. However, many people have done it and had no problems. I seem to remember 1 or 2 people did it and did have an issue and lost the second one. A couple of people did it and a DSS CM noticed it and told them it had to be changed. If you want to try, you have to have the CM book something else and change one of your regular ones yourself.

Sorry, I’m on my phone so it’s too much of a PITA to type more detail,
I hope I got the gist across. I’m sure someone will be along to go into more detail soon!

Is there somewhere in a thread that has a summary of the current program?

I have tried to read several pages and look at the FAQ's, but I'm struggling to find a concise summary as it appears some things have changed from the original release.

In addition, is there a place that indicates any resorts that aren't "traditional" Disney ... I'm thinking Swan and Dolphin and Four Seasons that have Club rooms and which level they need to be?

Is there somewhere in a thread that has a summary of the current program?

I have tried to read several pages and look at the FAQ's, but I'm struggling to find a concise summary as it appears some things have changed from the original release.

In addition, is there a place that indicates any resorts that aren't "traditional" Disney ... I'm thinking Swan and Dolphin and Four Seasons that have Club rooms and which level they need to be?
Since this is a trial program that is not actually in writing anywhere on the official WDW website, all the details are a little hard to pin down. The Non=Disney resorts are a new addition and so that still needs to be better sketched out, I think, mostly by people like yourself who are interested and would call in and ask about it, like @MaryKatesMom :

I called the Dolphin and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. I was planning on calling signature services anyway and I asked about the Dolphin. The lovely CM, Ryan, was very helpful and confirmed that some suites at S&D did have the option to buy the extra FP+ but did confirm it was a trial and relatively new to the S&D and suggested I try again. I went to the Marriott website where there is no category labeled suites. Having stayed in one I know there are but they are new to the Marriott website having been a Starwoods property until recently. So I called the Dolphin back and Guest Services still had NO IDEA what I was talking about but transferred me to in-house reservations. I spoke to Carina at in-house reservations and she knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and was able to give me the Marriott member rate that was online and attached it to my Marriott member number. The Marriott website calls them Alcove Rooms. Dolphin has double beds but no balcony or view. Swan does not have double beds only King and they do have a balcony but they are about $100+ more a night so I went with the double beds over the pull out sofa.

I do think the CLFP FAQ's are accurate, except possibly for holding duplicate FP (lately there are reports that it might be a bit risky strategy after all). I've bought mine but haven't used them, and I'd say the FAQ's are right on the money so far.

Last edited:
I do think the CLFP FAQ's are accurate, except possibly for holding duplicate FP (lately there are reports that it might be a bit risky strategy after all). I've bought mine but haven't used them, and I'd say the FAQ's are right on the money so far.

Thank you. I may be blind, but I'm struggling to find the CLFP FAQ's post.

I called the Dolphin and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. I was planning on calling signature services anyway and I asked about the Dolphin. The lovely CM, Ryan, was very helpful and confirmed that some suites at S&D did have the option to buy the extra FP+ but did confirm it was a trial and relatively new to the S&D and suggested I try again. I went to the Marriott website where there is no category labeled suites. Having stayed in one I know there are but they are new to the Marriott website having been a Starwoods property until recently. So I called the Dolphin back and Guest Services still had NO IDEA what I was talking about but transferred me to in-house reservations. I spoke to Carina at in-house reservations and she knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and was able to give me the Marriott member rate that was online and attached it to my Marriott member number. The Marriott website calls them Alcove Rooms. Dolphin has double beds but no balcony or view. Swan does not have double beds only King and they do have a balcony but they are about $100+ more a night so I went with the double beds over the pull out sofa.
Thank you. I may be blind, but I'm struggling to find the CLFP FAQ's post.
Sorry, I though you indicated you'd already read them. They're with the other FP stickies in the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Forum, post #8 https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ing-anytime-fps-cl-fps.3538258/#post-56320893

It in case this is helpful for someone (especially with a split CL stay)...I booked my CL FPs a couple of days ago and DSS was great. I have a split stay at Poly CL and YC CL in early June and was able to book three days of FPs and my regular FPS for rides and exact times I wanted. The DSS rep did warn me that experiences were not to be duplicated and that even if the system allowed me to change my regular FPs to duplicate an experience the system may not allow it (which I took as if the system or person looking at the system saw I had duplicated experiences they would cancel them). And as stated on this thread they only booked my regular FPs for the days I was purchasing CL FPs. Also, DSS was able to assist/book other things so I had him change my Rose and Crown Tea experience to a different day (actually he cancelled and rebooked) and he booked the SW Dessert party and Wild Africa Trek for me. Again, very helpful and I looked and the call was 44 minutes with all the bookings and payments. And I did get an email not too long afterwards listing all of the FPs and all of the FPs and bookings showed immediately in MDE.
So take advantage of DSS they really seem to know their stuff. My rep had just done the SW Dessert party so he gave me the lowdown (another reason for the length of the call) and he actually put both my reservation confirmation numbers on the email which was the first time Disney seemed to link my split stay!
Actually he recognized both reservations but said he linked the 3 days of FPs to my second stay, YC CL, because of the timing even 2 of the days I have the FPs are when I’m at the Poly.
This is a mom and DD (15) trip we can’t wait!!

Well, that sure sounds like we shouldn't be duplicating FP any longer.
We plan to park hop and so i just scheduled repeat rides on different days.

We def doubled up last year right off the bat and all worked out. But I'm more "scared" this time around and will avoid it. I think we will schedule CL first early in the day - burn through them and then try to modify/refresh to get the "second" ride if we want it. With reading all the rumors about paid FPs possibly coming, who even knows anymore! I'm excited to book this for the second trip as we learned a lot from our own experience and reading about other's. There are so many ways to do this - I really hope it doesn't go away or change dramatically for November!

I realize this could all possibly go away soon but does anyone know if I do a split stay - two days club level then 7 days non club level - could I use the CL FP during the non club level portion of my stay? For example - stay club level Friday and saturday nights, switch to non club level on Sunday but use CL FP on Sunday Monday and Tuesday? Thanks in advance - I couldn't find this scenario anywhere.

I realize this could all possibly go away soon but does anyone know if I do a split stay - two days club level then 7 days non club level - could I use the CL FP during the non club level portion of my stay? For example - stay club level Friday and saturday nights, switch to non club level on Sunday but use CL FP on Sunday Monday and Tuesday? Thanks in advance - I couldn't find this scenario anywhere.

No, you can’t book them for those days. The paid fastpasses have to be the days you are actually a CL guest. With a Friday/ Saturday CL stay, you could book the paid FPs on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. So day before & after your CL nights.

Well, that sure sounds like we shouldn't be duplicating FP any longer.
We plan to park hop and so i just scheduled repeat rides on different days.
I was glad I didn't double up because I needed to move some FPs around once we were there and I would have been scared to call DSS if I had doubled up. I did, however, use one FP and then as soon as it was used modified a different FP for that same FP for the afternoon. That was day of though.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I'm guessing some people are afraid the CLFP pilot program will go away 90 days before the opening of Star Wars phase 1. Maybe the different FP system will start? Anyway I'm far from my 90 day mark. But I am just assuming that once you have the 3 CLFP at the 90 day mark they can't take them away? haha

While I don't see them doing this, technically, they could.

WDW never guarantees FP or park hours. Think about it for a minute. There's always the possibility of weather closures, ride malfunctions, IT malfunctions, power outages, etc.

WDW always retains the legal right to close parks and rides.

I'm pretty sure the CM even said specifically when I booked it that WDW reserves the right to cancel the program at any time. (We'd get a refund if they did.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter