Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

While I don't see them doing this, technically, they could.

WDW never guarantees FP or park hours. Think about it for a minute. There's always the possibility of weather closures, ride malfunctions, IT malfunctions, power outages, etc.

WDW always retains the legal right to close parks and rides.

I'm pretty sure the CM even said specifically when I booked it that WDW reserves the right to cancel the program at any time. (We'd get a refund if they did.)
Well, I do feel better with some of my harder-to-get ones booked once with paid FP and once with free FP on a different day, though that was coincidence.

I am planning to get CLFP for our trip in June, just my wife and I, but am having trouble on deciding what to use the 6 on. We will be going to MK on multiple days, and since it seems the only hard FP to get is 7DMT, I wont be using Club Level on those days. It's our days in the other parks that I need advice on.

Animal Kingdom I think I have figured out,
FoP, NRR, Dino, EE, KRR, and KS (either early morning or sunset), although I might replace KRR if there is a show that really demands a FP.

Hollywood Studios I need a few suggestions,
SDD, TMM, ToT, and RR are what I have so far. What else is worth a FP, given that spinning rides are out and we have a F! dinner package?

Epcot is similar to HS,
FEE, TT, and Soarin are must haves, but what else, other than Illuminations (where I have dinner reservations to watch)?

I would appreciate your advice on adult friendly rides and shows that need FPs.

I am planning to get CLFP for our trip in June, just my wife and I, but am having trouble on deciding what to use the 6 on. We will be going to MK on multiple days, and since it seems the only hard FP to get is 7DMT, I wont be using Club Level on those days. It's our days in the other parks that I need advice on.

FoP, NRR, Dino, EE, KRR, and KS (either early morning or sunset), although I might replace KRR if there is a show that really demands a FP.

SDD, TMM, ToT, and RR are what I have so far. What else is worth a FP, given that spinning rides are out and we have a F! dinner package?

Epcot is similar to HS,
FEE, TT, and Soarin are must haves, but what else, other than Illuminations (where I have dinner reservations to watch)?

This isn't the reply you're looking for because I feel the same, especially about Epcot. The big 3 and then I'm not sure. I agree on Hollywood Studios. Maybe the Runaway Train will be ready? :) I have kids so can't help you there unless you want alien saucer haha
The KEY is you get ALL the tier one rides. Not sure what else people will recommend.

Epcot is similar to HS,

For DHS we are planning on your choices plus AS2 and ST. For Epcot we are adding SE, MS and Imagination. I know we don’t need one for Imagination but we have to get a FP for something and we aren’t staying until evening to use Illuminations (plus I never need one for that either).

Epcot is similar to HS,

We struggled with the same thing. If I’m honest, we didn’t actually book or use all 6 on our DHS and Epcot days - I was happy enough with being able to have all the Tier 1s and wasn’t necessarily trying to max all 6. I know, probably a waste, but it worked for us.

If you have hoppers, booking a few FPs in one park, then maybe 1-2 more for a venture back into another park that evening can work well if so inclined.

Our group finds value in getting all of the Tier I FP for the parks even if it means that not all 6 FP are needed. That said, we are going in early September, so maybe we will.
Does Mission Space green side spin? Living With the Land maybe.

We struggled with the same thing. If I’m honest, we didn’t actually book or use all 6 on our DHS and Epcot days - I was happy enough with being able to have all the Tier 1s and wasn’t necessarily trying to max all 6. I know, probably a waste, but it worked for us.

If you have hoppers, booking a few FPs in one park, then maybe 1-2 more for a venture back into another park that evening can work well if so inclined.

Last summer when we did this we split DHS and Epcot, and did TOT, ST, and RnRC at DHS In the morning and FEA, TT, and Soarin at Epcot In the afternoon. But this was before TSL opened and during the time that TSM was down to move the entrance, so that made DHS doable for us with only 3 FPs. Now it would not be (for us), so we are using the full 6 in each park and doing 4 days of CLFP this June. Our booking day is Friday.

Last edited:

Our group finds value in getting all of the Tier I FP for the parks even if it means that not all 6 FP are needed. That said, we are going in early September, so maybe we will.
Does Mission Space green side spin? Living With the Land maybe.

The Green side doesn’t spin. It still gives the illusion of moving, so maybe it’s rough for people prone to motion sickeness, but I find the green side a tad, IDK, boring? Maybe not boring, just not a thrill ride. We do it for the story and because my DH can’t ride spinny rides and doesn’t want to go alone, but I would say the other (yellow? Red? I honestly can’t remember) side is a bona fide thrill ride and the green side is just a mild simulator ride. LWTL is a thought also, I’ve seen really long lines there, partucilarly since they have to wait for all of the FP people going first. My kids just don’t care for it, so we do imagination or seas instead. I think LWTL would be a better use.

I think park hopping is a good way to use all 6 FP. Then, one gets to ride the better rides twice instead of figuring out which Tier 2 rides to use the FP on.
We're doing this and I think there's only one time I can't really come up with a good use for a FP (but I can't ride the rougher rides so it's really just my problem, not the whole family's).

I do think that the OP might want to reconsider using FP at MK. There's huge value in just riding things when you want to instead of grabbing FP as they pop up during the day, and there are a LOT of rides there. Depending on when you go, just being able to cruise through the crowds at a leisurely pace is a great benefit. We're starting in Adventureland and have the FP set up one at a time clockwise until we end with Space Mountain. Not having to criss-cross the park is nice, especially if it's crowded.

Last edited:
As my 90 day window opens today, I will say I'm struggling a lot with this decision. I'm a huge believer in paying for convenience while on vacation and have always been happy with decisions to do so, but I'm struggling with understanding if there is value in this $600 (family of four). I can say for sure, if I knew they would open up a 7:00 AM EMM at Toy Story on June 24, or any after hours I would go that route and forego.

We've been fortunate enough to do all the rides in the past (except FOP), so outside of dictating times at SDD and FOP, I'm not sure it will alter a lot. While we've typically been RD people, the PITA of that experience combined with staying in parks later as kids age does provide some value in this. I definitely do want to experience SDD.

I'm not a big "game the system" guy, but I'm half tempted to do it, make sure my normal FP's are at the two headliners I care about, and cancel the CLFP *if* Toy Story EMM becomes available.

I too am struggling with CLFP vs EMM or DAH. But, until I know what is offered - including whatever might possibly be offered for Star Wars - I'm going to plan to move forward with the program. Having done it once before, I have a lot of new ideas which will really help us to have a much more relaxing vacation. I'm excited for that part of it!

I will say having to use the "refresh method" to try and get TSL EMM has me leaning toward booking CLFP to minimize the park refresh times.

I too am struggling with CLFP vs EMM or DAH. But, until I know what is offered - including whatever might possibly be offered for Star Wars - I'm going to plan to move forward with the program. Having done it once before, I have a lot of new ideas which will really help us to have a much more relaxing vacation. I'm excited for that part of it!

As my 90 day window opens today, I will say I'm struggling a lot with this decision. I'm a huge believer in paying for convenience while on vacation and have always been happy with decisions to do so, but I'm struggling with understanding if there is value in this $600 (family of four). I can say for sure, if I knew they would open up a 7:00 AM EMM at Toy Story on June 24, or any after hours I would go that route and forego.

We've been fortunate enough to do all the rides in the past (except FOP), so outside of dictating times at SDD and FOP, I'm not sure it will alter a lot. While we've typically been RD people, the PITA of that experience combined with staying in parks later as kids age does provide some value in this. I definitely do want to experience SDD.

I'm not a big "game the system" guy, but I'm half tempted to do it, make sure my normal FP's are at the two headliners I care about, and cancel the CLFP *if* Toy Story EMM becomes available.

Ironically enough, I have emm (toy story land) booked for our August trip, but I intend to cancel it once I am able to secure the needed fast passes via CLFP. We are a family of 3 and are hoping to do 3 days assuming the program sticks around. Our 90 days is in May. We are excited about trying club level and the CLFP and in return are opting to skip the Halloween party and EMM. Our boy is 12, so the money means I don't have to drag him out of bed so early for EMM. We are a rope drop family by EMM is super early even with a rental car.

I agree with your thought process. We are also big believers in paying for convenience. Honestly, I don't think the value for us this trip coming up in June is as big as it could be, but as of now I have decided it's enough to spend the $800 and do it. We did it last June, and I feel losing the nighttime viewing areas was a big loss. However, we don't want to do rope drop and don't want to wait in lines, and don't want to stay at the parks all day. So I'm going to book the 6 FPs with time blocked out for a meal at each park, and we will arrive just before the first FP and leave after we finish the last one. That gives us some time at the resort and lounge both before and after each park day.

I know people complain about them being an hour apart and not being able to move the CL ones up. However, in our experience, we usually need most of that hour for each ride. I guess we're just slow, plus we have to do RS for some of them. If we do RS, except for a few super fast rides with no preshow and a short ride (think barnstormer), it takes F O R E V E R. Think Splash, Space, Soarin', TOT, TT, FOP. Some of those rides take every bit of an hour just to have 2 groups ride back to back. So that aspect doesn't bother us.

FWIW, we are doing the CLFPS for each park and have MK EMM and DHS EMM booked in June. We have ridden all of the rides in the past also, and haven't had a problem getting 60 day FPS.

Our situation is slightly different this trip, since we have twins who are 2. Once they turn 3 we won't be able to stay in a regular CL room any more and will be limited to the deluxe rooms at the BWI and WL if we want CL, and we will have to start paying for 6 instead of 4. So that factored into what we decided to pay for this trip. It's kind of a big blowout one. But that's also what we said about last June's trip, so we'll see... There always seems to be a way and reason.

We also have a 3 way split stay, and with the changes to split stays that just happened this is a way to ensure that won't be a problem with the harder to get FPs. I really don't think we'd have a big problem, particularly since we're doing the EMMs, but it just makes it easier. I also can't discount my inability to pass on something special that's offered to us, even if we have to pay for it. Stupid, I know, but it's there.

What are your ideas?? I'm currently trying to decide which FPs to make CL vs regular, which for some reason was easy last time but I'm struggling this time.

What are your ideas?? I'm currently trying to decide which FPs to make CL vs regular, which for some reason was easy last time but I'm struggling this time.
So the first idea is to end some nights in Epcot. We will be at Dolphin and based on our last trip, it seemed as if it was the kids favorite park. They also said Test Track is their favorite ride. We are also only going to the park for three park days - all of which will be CL FP days. So I was thinking of something like:

Thursday resort day - although if a DAH is announced for HS, we would do that.

Friday - MK - it's a party day and should have morning EMH. It actually is my kids least favorite park so we will rope drop small rides, start regular FPs maybe at 10 and do Space, 7D, Splash and then CL Pirates. We will also plan two other CL for Epcot that evening - TT and Frozen. We should be able to get a 4th FP for EP too - maybe Soarin. In between we will take a nice break at Dolphin and also hopefully enjoy some F&W since it should be open until 10 that night.

Saturday will be relaxed and maybe start at AK a bit later in the morning with FOP, Everest and Safari or Dinosaur (all regular) - another long break - then end at HS with SDD, TSMM, RnR and ToT (hopefully a 4th FP) with hopefully Fantasmic rolling FP.

Sunday can also be relaxed and we would probably start at HS and end at EP. Repeating the kids faves.

Ideas for now! Until all the rules change!!!!!

I just called to make my CL FPs. We made them for 4 days total, and ran into a snag due to renewing APs. My AP is good until August, my DH and 2 DSs expire just before this trip, so we are not 60 days out yet to renew theirs. We all have old non expiring passes in our MDE account with varying days left, one son only had 3 days left. When the CM was making our FPs he was only able to make 3 full days for my DS because he only had that 3 day NE ticket on his account. For the 4th day he was able to make the CL FPs for that DS, but not the regular one. He told me he was able to override the system to make an extra day of the paid FPs despite not having enough ticket media in MDE, but that he couldn't do it for the regular FPs. So we have our DHS, Epcot, and DAK days completely booked, and at the MK one of my sons is missing 3 of the FPs. I'm not overly worried, because if I renew right at 60 days I think it will be a few days before our 60 day FP booking day, so I'll call DSS and have them add the 3 MK days for him. I don't expect HM, Buzz, and Space Mt to be hard to get in the mid afternoon at day 60+6 or so (at least I certainly hope).

I know I remember a few other people having problems with the 60 day renewal on APs causing issues. Were they able to book all 6 of your FPs when that was an issue, or only 3 of them? Like I said, it's not a huge deal given the FPs we need to try to pick up and the fact it is only one person. But if we hadn't had those old tickets in our accounts we would have been really at a disadvantage, with only me able to make the regular FPs at 90 days. I would just have preferred to have this all done, so if others were able to book all 6 despite having APs that were going to be expired but weren't in the renewal period yet I might try calling back in a couple of days and asking again.

Out of curiosity, why do you suppose DSS had to call me back to discuss CL FP, when I emailed asking a question? She said because it is a trial program, they need to call. But why?
Anyway, FP day is April 3rd, has anyone done the FP spot for Illuminations? Is it a good spot?

Out of curiosity, why do you suppose DSS had to call me back to discuss CL FP, when I emailed asking a question? She said because it is a trial program, they need to call. But why?
Anyway, FP day is April 3rd, has anyone done the FP spot for Illuminations? Is it a good spot?
They will not put anything in writing because whatever they tell you can change.

Because Disney lawyers say never to put anything in writing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!