trip anxiety

pilesoflaundry

it doesn't get scratched as often
Someone tell me to relax!! We are leaving in a few hours and I'm not excited, I'm freaking out. :confused3 Normally I'm happy and excited but this week I can't sleep (and not the good way) I'm having nightmares something is going to go wrong or someone is going to get hurt.

I have a crick in my neck that won't go away, I'm exhausted, the kids are fighting so bad the last thing they deserve is a trip and I'm paranoid I'm forgetting something. Considering the entire house is in my van I don't think that's possible. :rotfl:

Last week I was so sick and then dh threatened to cancel the trip because of the kids behavior and now with my neck I keep thinking this is some omen and it's going to be a bad trip. I have never felt this sick to my stomach before a trip before, any trip not just disney :(.

I know that means I need the vacation that much more and I need to get away. I've been very stressed since we moved here last Sept. We all hate it here so that's not helping their behavior or my mood. When I get this stressed I can't sleep.

I am so sorry...I can relate in some ways to you...:worried:

I know what helps me is making a list and crossing things off.
Are you a list kindof person?

Also, knowing at some point there is just nothing else you can do. Try to keep looking forward, not back.
"The worrying stops here"
You might have to do without or get it when you get there.

Are your kids old enough to be responsible for some of their own things?
If not, this might a good time to start, and you may be surprised how they
rise to the occasion. (One time I took my 3 kids to Florida that I had booked
on Priceline; we had a stopover in Atlanta - we ran with our backpacks from one gate to the next and they kept right up at ages 10, 9 and 7, :dance3: and on the way home our flight went to Cincinnati and we finally landed in Newark at 1 am! They really did well and I was so proud of them, so you never know!)

And hopefully once you get on the road, you will only be looking ahead at the fun you will be having.
I'll keep you in my thoughts....Try to relax from here on in!

You probably have been over analyzing your trip and want it to be perfect. You should be more open to just having fun and enjoy the process. There are always a few mishaps and things that you want to do that don't work out. I never plan that much because I like to enjoy the vacation and if I don't get to something my thinking is there is always next time.

As far as thinking that you forgot something, I think every one does that. I make lists and lists of things to bring but usually forget something. I remember years ago when my daughter was a baby. I put the filled diaper bag in the van and my DH decided that we was going to pack the van better. Well he put the diaper bag on the side and I didn't realize it until I went to change her a few hours later and couldn't find it. I had to go through the suitcases to find some supplies.

Of course my DH said that he put it in the van and imagine how surprised he was when we got home and it was still in the garage.

Stop worrying and have a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter