Trip dates

madisonsplash

Earning My Ears
What travel dates for April 2019 do you recommend? We want to be there for ten days, and our primary interests are 1) low rain and 2) low crowds. We could leave as early as March 23, but we want to avoid as much spring break chaos as possible.

Thank you!

In 2019, Easter falls on April 21st -- I think most school systems have their Spring vacation scheduled for the week before Easter or the week after, and others can chime in about that.

If the above is correct, I would say you'd want to book in the first half of April.

Also, bear in mind the week of the 21st usually brings a gaggle of cheerleaders(or is it flock) for the cheer championships and there is dapper day around then. Now, the way I would play it is either late March/early April or late April/early May with an overlap between the months. You should have good weather and minimize crowds that way. Also, if you can do it, a mid-week arrival is a good idea.

If you want to avoid crowds, you should go as early in March as possible. The whole month of April will have various elementary and high schools on Spring Break.

I agree with toggling months - late April/early May. We went in early May a few years ago and loved it. Low crowds for the most part ( did lots of walking on rides in MK and HS ) and the weather was perfect ( for us ) - mid 70's to mid 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter