Trip in October

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Hey fellow Disney folk!

I was wondering about my next trip and was wondering how busy it is going to be in the parks. Me and Disney Mum are going to be back at the magic from 29 Oct through until 5 Nov. I see that this might be when some lovely local kiddies might be on their holidays! How busy will the parks be? I realise we have 7 days but don't want to be in a busy park. Any advice anyone?

I also wanted to find out about the Halloween party on 31 October. I plan to buy some Annual passes when we get there and then get some discounted Halloween night tickets - how do you go about buying these Halloween night tickets? Also, how does it actually work? Does everyone have to leave the park and then come back? I would love to get dressed up for this but don't know about heading back to our hotel and coming back - do people dress up during the day........I'm rambling - any advice would be welcomed!

Nick

Half term this year seems to be 10 - 21st October or 21st - 31st October, so you might escape the busiest time at the parks.

Annual passholders newsletter normally gives telephone number to phone to reserve your ticket for halloween.

Reid

Thanks Reid

I know which I'll be hoping for then!!

As I am based in Scotland and my knowledge of French doesn't extend to completing the application form they sent me for the passes, I'm just going to be buy them when I get to the park - just hope the price doesn't go up too much between now and then!

In that case, will I still be okay about Halloween tickets?

Nick

Schools in Scotland have half term holidays between 10 - 21 October, some have only the second week while others are off for both weeks. We will wait till after summer to decide if we go for Haloween season, but it will have to be during school holidays.
From what I could see schools in England are off the following week - 24th.
I'd expect the park to be busy during these dates :crowded:

Maleficent_man - you could always phone the annual passport office on 00 33 1 60 30 60 69 and book temporary passports as well as reservation for 31st October.

Reid

Hi Maleficent_Man!

Definitely think you should get dressed up! We (2 grown women!!) went out with face paint and witch hats when we went at Halloween (it was actually early October but within the Halloween season) and although we felt a bit silly we had quite a few people come up to us and compliment us!!! If you can't dress up at DLP, where can you??!! I was tempted to put a photo on here of my Mum "made up" as revenge for the picture of me with Prince John that she posted but don't think she'd forgive me!!

Rhiannon :wizard:

Rhiannon
sounds like you have a photograph that is a contender for my favourite photograph :teeth: :sunny:

Reid

:rotfl2: Would love to, but she is the one with the technical know-how and I don't think she'd help me post that photo somehow!! Plus there are pictures of me dressed up too (noooooooooooooo!!) :crazy2:

Rhiannon :wizard:

I believe this is the one she had in mind!!! She's sitting next to me in the original but has threatened me with all sorts of terrible things if I include her in the one I post on the board!! Well, when you get to my advanced age you just don't care what people think (much!!)
66281IM000742a.JPG

Diberry, you look fantastic!!!:jumping1: I'd love to go at Halloween one year.

Elaine

Now we just need to see what Rhiannon looked like!::yes::

Dilberry thank you for sharing. Definitely worth a few sweets etc when "trick or treating" :goodvibes

Reid

Pretty scary huh????? :rotfl: I'm only that much of an exhibitionist away from home!! :banana: You'll have to sweet talk Rhiannon into letting me put hers on - she's MUCH prettier and insisted on smiling instead of snarling so not a threatening type of witch at all!!! ;)

I went during the halloween period last year and would definitely recommend it. The Villains parade was fantastic and I had to gallop round and get a copy of the music I just couldn't get it out of my head :cool1: :cool1:

The downer for me was that I did end up in the parks during 1/2 term for both France and the UK and the place was HEAVING. This was during the last week in October. I had to give up on some of the rides because the queues for the fastpaths were long, never mind the queues for the rides themselves. I wouldn't have missed it for the world however.

NIK said:
The downer for me was that I did end up in the parks during 1/2 term for both France and the UK and the place was HEAVING. This was during the last week in October. I had to give up on some of the rides because the queues for the fastpaths were long, never mind the queues for the rides themselves. I wouldn't have missed it for the world however.
When is Half Term for them this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter