Trip insurance/points reservation

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
Does trip insurance cover points lost if trip is cancelled? Do reservation points go back into your account?

Does trip insurance cover points lost if trip is cancelled? Do reservation points go back into your account?
AFAIK, the only insurance that covers point reservations is the TravelEx product sold through DVC. The TravelEx insurance only reimburses the maintenance fees on the points used and you forfeit those points. It will also cover other non-reimbursable expenses.

If I buy insurance for resale points and I’m insuring points from the UY that occurred during the sale and I reimbursed the seller for MFs, what evidence do I submit to TravelEx? I don’t have a MF bill from DVC member services.

I guess it depends on the size of the trip if its worth it. If you are spending 100+ points its probably worth the cost especially if going during hurricane season. Although Disney rarely closes for weather haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter