Trip Insurance?

BriarfoxinWA

DIS Veteran
O.K. - I can't stand it! We're going to go again!

Last time we went I bought the insurance through DCL - then later heard that it could be purchased cheaper through other companies on line.

So I'm looking for information on which companies are good (or not) and when I need to buy it. We haven't booked our cruise yet but we are looking at the 4/2/05 Magic....

We have used Access America for our last two cruises. I believe they are the same company that Disney uses. They have a plan where children are free. It is called Trip Assist Family Care Comprehesive and for our family of 4 is will be $89 for the cruise. Hope this helps.

I second Lori.

One other advantage of booking directly and not through DCL is that if you book your airfare separately, DCL won't cover it but if you book directly it can be covered.

Jim

Lori's is the cheapest I've seen. We got ours through AAA (turned out to be Access America) for $79 each. A couple other sources are Travel Guard and MedEx (they have trip insurance also). Travel Guard's rates seem high and are age/trip cost-based. MedEx medical coverage is $4/day but I don't know how much their trip int/cxl coverage is. Both are on the internet.

I believe that you need to purchase your insurance within ten days of booking your trip in order for the insurance to cover pre-existing conditions...

I believe that you need to purchase your insurance within ten days of booking your trip in order for the insurance to cover pre-existing conditions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter