Trip Planning- We are all Mad here Solo Trip

Templemom

Mouseketeer
Hello!
I'm planning my first solo (!!) trip to Disney and since I am finding the dis.boards my go to place on finding info on solo-tripping and other preplanning help, I would share my journey here too.
The trip is Oct 3 to Oct 10, 4 days at Disney, 2 at universal, and Mnsshp.
Staying at The Best Western Lake Buena Vista in Downtown Disney
I have ADR for Sci-fi Drive in, lunch BOG, and The Hoopdeedoo Review
I am also really excited and having (almost) as much fun planning as I think I will going.

A little about me, I'm a 37 year old mom of three littles. I am the families biggest Disney fan and as I am in the middle of a weight loss journey my very supportive hubby suggested I set a goal for myself and as always my heart and mind turns to Disney. He jumped right on that idea, we set the goal and I stuck with the plan and am now 5 (!!) lbs away from my Disney goal! The trip is booked! 83 days and counting :)

Good morning!
Day one plan Arrival and Mnsshp
My flight lands at noon and its off to the hotel. Get there, rest and change into my Cheshire cat t shirt and purple cat ears. then it's off to the Magic Kingdom for 4.
I want to ride Mad tea Party, Under the sea, Peter Pan, Small world, Philharmagic, seven dwarfs, and Winnie the pooh.
I might try the new cat tail pastry at the Cheshire Café or mac and cheese at friars nook and I'll head to the line for Jack and Sally around 6. I hear the line forms pretty early. I'll try to get a fastpass+ for Seven dwarfs and anything else that will work with the schedule, maybe peter pan, though I do want to see the que. I will be doing magic kingdom later in the week so if I don't get to all the rides I want before getting into line, ill just add them to the later day.
I'm excited for the parade and the Hocus Pocus show and will try to get other characters also, but Jack and Sally are a must for me. I will also ride the Haunted Mansion during Mnsshp.
what do you think? Any mnsshp must dos I missed?
82 days and counting :)

Hello all!
Lots of planning and not a lot of posting. I have changed my Arrival day so many times since I last posted it.
Right now it stands at
get to park by 330
Meet Tiana and Rapunzel fastpass
get a cat tail pastry
ride space mountain
see the laugh floor show
ride jungle cruise
get a dole whip if feel like one
get in line for Captain Jack
Ride pirates if still time
Be Our Guest at 745
Ride 7 dwarfs
see Mad Hatter and gang
Ride Haunted Mansion Big thunder and Pirates if didn't earlier
Watch hocus pocus show 1045
see parade 1115
Ride any of the four rides if didn't earlier

Whew! I hope this is a solid plan. CAN NOT WAIT!. woot! 47 Days and counting

Hello all! Double posting today.

Next planning day is Wednesday, Ill be doing Epcot this day and be starting out around 11 or so as it is a late night before.
Day pre plan
Arrive at epcot at 11
get Food and wine passport
start heading around the world

The booth and food I want to try are
Light Lab - T=C2
Earth eats - Beef skewer dish
Australia - Shrimp dish
Hawaii - Spam dish
India - Korma Chicken dish
Spain - Paella dish
Italy - Calamari dish
Japan - BLT sushi roll

the other food I want to try
France Patisserie - the Raspberry and lime Macaroon (totally need this in my life)
United Kingdom Fish Shop - fish and chips
America fife and drum - The American dream slushie

As I make my way around I will
meet Mulan
ride grand fiesta tour
meet Donald
meet anna and elsa
ride frozen ride fastpass
then I will
ride test track
Figment
See the Pixar short film festival fastpass
Soarin
Living with the land
the seas and the tank and exhibits

Ill be meeting up with a friend later in the evening to walk around the world again and see illuminations so I will hit what ever booths I didnt do earlier.
Have an awesome day and 47 days and counting. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter