• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report 16.May - 20.May 2005 2nd part

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
OK, this is (after a long break) the second part of my trip report.

We began our 2nd day with an early breakfast at 8:30Uhr.
And when the park opened at 10am we started as usual with BTM followed by POTC. After the pirates we went to the Salon Mickey and there we met a German CM. She told us a lot about her job, but nothing new for a DL fan. After the break in the Salon we did Peter Pan and PM. And after this I had booked a guided tour. We were the only 2 on the tour, and so we had Linda just for us. The tour was really cool. We walked through every land of the park, and Linda told us so many things, that we didn’t know; even though we are real DLP fans. I saw the park from an completely other point of view. And the best part of the tour was the behind the scenes look of Star Tours. I never thought that it requires so much space and so much mechanics. It was really great.
After the tour we watched the parade and then we went to Tarzan. I still like the Tarzan Show a little bit more than Lion King. Tarzan is a little bit more breathtaking.
After the show we had a reservation for the Plaza Gardens. This was my fist time at this restaurant, and I have to say „I like it“. It fits perfectly into Mainstreet. And the paintings on the walls are so beautiful. They show the 4 seasons of the Plaza Gardens. The food was good too. But when we started to eat a group of 40 people from the UK came to the restaurant. 30 teenagers and 10 adults. It must have been a sports group or something similar. They were very loud and so it was not possible for us to have a calm meal. And they ate like pigs. They put everything on one disc! Starters, main courses and dessert. And when I saw the mixture of meat and pudding I wanted to say something, but I didn’t. Why did they spent so much money and don’t enjoy the -all you can eat- buffet?

After our dinner we did BTM and then we left the park. We finished the day at the New York bar in the hotel New York. This is the only Disney Hotel which I never saw from inside. I slept in all Disney hotels at least once. But I never even walked in the Hotel N. Y. It is the only hotel with no Disney feeling at all. It is very calm and has a really cool atmosphere, and I have seen almost no kids.
I liked the New York bar a lot, but there again was a huge group of 25 people from the UK (British people can be very loud ;-)) and they had one drink after another, and so it was very very loud. We couldn’t hear our own thoughts! And so we left after a Cosmopolitan.

The third day started again with an early breakfast.
The first attraction of this day was Indiana Jones followed by BTM and the Salon Mickey.
After the break at the Salon we saw the Stunt Show at the Studios. It was the first time that we saw the show and it is really not bad at all. Really impressive and very expensive. After the show we did Art of Disney Animation. And right after we walked to the DL park and did HISTA and Star Tours. After a short break with a hot dog and a potato with cheese sauce we did IASM. And when we get into the boat I realised that my ex boss was sitting right in front of me. When we get off the boat I said to her „It’s a small, small world!“ And she was very surprised to see me.

After „Dancin a catchy rhythm…“ we did Autopia (see „ANGRY part of the trip report“!)
We ended the day in the park with POTC, PM and a tour with the train from Frontierland to Mainstreet. And because of the beautiful whether we went straight to Panoramagic.
There was no one waiting for Panoramagic and so we get straight into. The ride was very beautiful. The weather was wonderful, and so I tried to make a lot of pictures (Which is not that easy, because you don’t have many space to walk) It was worth the 12€, but I’m not sure if I would do it on every visit, because if you up there, you lose the felling of „I’m in another world“! You see how „small“ DLRP is, especially the DL Park seems like a castle + DLH + SM surrounded by trees.
Since we did have a lot of time now until our lunch in the Caper Cod, we made a hotel tour. And after a little shopping in the Newport Bay Club I was looking forward to the meal in the Cape Cod. But I didn’t know, that there is all-you-can-eat on most of the days. I was a little disappointed, because I was looking forward to eat the Tortellini. (Which are the best ones I ever ate) But the buffet was fine to.

Ok the rest of the report (19.5. + 20.5.) will follow soon.

Thank you for that very interesting report Marcus - you certainly pack a lot into each day!!! It was interesting what you said about the view from Panoramagique and how small DLP looks - we're looking forward to trying it when we next go. It was funny meeting your ex-boss and your comment to her was excellent!!! :rotfl:
I'm really sorry the 2 large groups of loud and obnoxious people you met were from the UK. I'm afraid there are a lot of such people about who think it's perfectly acceptable to behave like that. They are very poor ambassadors for our country I'm afraid. :sad2:
Looking forward to reading your next installment!! :sunny:

diberry said:
- you certainly pack a lot into each day!!!

Many people tell me that. But I don't see it that way. I enjoy every minute, and since I'm only 1 time a year at the resort I want to see and do every ride and attraction. And usually I only have three days! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter