TRIP REPORT -Rhapsody of the Seas -Tampa- January 14 2017!!

Then back to the bus and we went to an area with an original Mayan temple and the first church on Cozumel (about 150 years old).

IMG_8203.jpg

MAyan temple
IMG_8205.jpg

church
IMG_8206.jpg

trees had white paint on them to stop ants (I think the paint was mixed with concrete too)
IMG_8212.jpg

now for Tequila tasting and talk
IMG_8215.jpg

Most commercial brands only let the blue agave plant grow a couple of years to make tequila, but in Mexica (Jalisco) they let it grow 8-10 years to let plant mature. Then we had sips of all nine on display above - 4 kinds, 3 fruity kinds, amaretto kind, then a bailey's kind. I am not a drinker but these were actually delicious and very smooth.

IMG_8218.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

agave plant
IMG_8233.jpg

back to bus
IMG_8235.jpg

Then I met my friend and we walked out of the secure port area (gasp) and went to Ernesto's Fajitas ( I had asked guide for a place to eat and he recommended this - wanted something a little more real than Senor Frogs or Margaritaville) It was about a five minute walk
IMG_8236.jpg

I thought it was so cute how they spelled "flour" tortillas in pic above :)

yummy fresh chips
IMG_8238.jpg

delicious chicken fajitas
IMG_8241.jpg

this was our view eating lunch
IMG_8240.jpg

My friend had an amazing time scuba diving in Cozumel too btw - very clear

Then it was time to head back to ship, well after a little shopping of course, I got a necklace

oh and the guide had said back in 2005 when Hurricane Wilma had hit, (all their food, water, supplies come by ferry from mainland but all ferries went to Cuba for safety for a month) so three cruise lines: Disney, Royal Caribean, and ? (Carinval??) brought supplies during that month

Back to the room for a 20 minute nap before Disney hits music trivia in Schooner Bar! 20 out of 34 - it was actually hard!

Then we did some trivia from book corner before Visual Celebrities trivia where we only got 10 of 20.

Time to go to:
IMG_8243.jpg

green quesadilla and rice and then some messy tacos
IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

Then it was time to go to Broadway Melodies Theater for "Piano Man" show. We sat in balcony as somewhere different to sit. It was ok = singers and dancers it seemed to mostly 70s music. Then we went to the shops for a raffle that we did not win. Back in the room there was a confirmation for Chef's Table - however I never made a reservation. odd. Got that canceled. Read a bit then time for 70s music triva, um we got 3 of 15 LOL.

Off to bed before last sea day!

I had to laugh at the 'public woman' on the sign, although not a bad deal, considering. ( why are there never any 'public men' for the ladies?!)

I had to laugh at the 'public woman' on the sign, although not a bad deal, considering. ( why are there never any 'public men' for the ladies?!)

I know, right?! If I have enough beans, why can't I buy a man?! LOL

glad you are enjoying it - it is fun to relive it. What did you think of Oasis? That is a mega ship, right?

Yes, Oasis is one of the biggies- we LOVED it! there was sooo much to do, lots of pools, we enjoyed the MDR, and honestly our cruise on DCL's Fantasy felt more crowded- the big ship really spreads out the people

If you could point out some of the biggest differences between the ships from a passengers perspective, what would be your top 5 items between the Oasis vs Rhapsody ?

My Girl Scout troop is looking into another cruise, some of us are leaning toward wanting to go on the Oasis and some are leaning toward the alternating routes the Rhapsody takes.

Well I was on Freedom as oppose to Rhapsody, but for a girl scout troop, I would say Oasis all the way! The big ships have so many awesome activities for kids/teens and great pool deck, flow riders etc- big ship all the way I would say! Girl scouts are going to be way more about the ship than the ports

I guess I should have been a little more detailed. They are not little girls, they are all high schoolers and most of them will have just graduated the week before we go on the trip. I'm going to start a different thread and see if I can get some more responses :)
Well I was on Freedom as oppose to Rhapsody, but for a girl scout troop, I would say Oasis all the way! The big ships have so many awesome activities for kids/teens and great pool deck, flow riders etc- big ship all the way I would say! Girl scouts are going to be way more about the ship than the ports

oops almost forgot this little guy waiting for us previous night
IMG_000300.jpg

Last day onboard :(

Woke up about 8 am and went to Windjammer for breakfast - had a made to order cheese omelet and then some waffles

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

Then grabbed a trivia and Sudoku from Book corner and went to Schooner Bar to do them. We talked to hot, but young, Brazilian Caio from cruise director's team a bit about Brazil and speaking Portuguese and he wrote a few words down for us - very different from Spanish. Then it was time for HARRY POTTER trivia!!!!!!! We didn't win but got a decent score.

Went down to check on our accounts - everything looked good. Then to Centrum on deck 4 to watch towel folding demo. We saw lots of cool ones being made.

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

teehee= - here is a fuzzy pic of Caio (far left)
IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_8262.jpg

IMG_8263.jpg

turtle
IMG_8264.jpg

elephant

IMG_8265.jpg

cat
IMG_8266.jpg

little girl
IMG_8267.jpg

dog
IMG_8268.jpg

crab
IMG_8269.jpg

frog
IMG_8270.jpg

teddy bear
IMG_8271.jpg

peacock
IMG_8272.jpg

this was a mermaid - hard to tell in pic
IMG_8273.jpg

It was fun - and we took some videos - ill try to post at the end

then it was back to Schooner Bar for napkin folding class. We all gathered around piano and actually learned how to do them and practiced them.
We learned crown (or corn), candle, flower, and flower with a rose. We got papers on how to make them too. Talita was the insructor, also from Brazil.

basic
IMG_8274.jpg

crown/corn
IMG_8278.jpg

Talita wearing crown
IMG_8277.jpg

candle
IMG_8279.jpg

flower
IMG_8284.jpg

rose
IMG_8285.jpg

flower and rose
IMG_8287.jpg

forget the name
IMG_8291.jpg

now time for lunch - back to Windjammer for hotdog and pizza - both yummy

IMG_8292.jpg

Then apple pie and ice cream for dessert - delicious
IMG_8293.jpg

Then it was time to relax in the sun for a bit and read and rest and then into the shade when it got too warm.

Now it was 5 o'clock Motown trivia - 8 of 20. Went back to room and packed up then my friend went to comedian and I grabbed some dinner . Saw some of the chocoalte cookies from first day and took about five for the room LOL. Started watching movie "Middle School" by pool but it was not very good so I left to go to room to read for a bit.
Then 8 pm schooner bar for michael jackson trivia! It was fun with everyone making MJ noises LOL heeheeeeee We got 12 of 20. not bad.

Then it was back into the room for our last night - watched some NBA and fell asleep.

Then Saturday, we got up about 7 am and we carried our bags off ship - there was a long line by the time we got there but it moved very quickly so I didn't look at the time but we were off provbably by 8:30 am.

Hope you enjoyed reading!

It was fun trip!

ya. thanks for sharing. we are actually taking a w/e trip to Tampa next week to scope out the area and find a hotel close to the pier

ya. thanks for sharing. we are actually taking a w/e trip to Tampa next week to scope out the area and find a hotel close to the pier

awesome! Have a fun time in Tampa! Lots to do around there. I know nothing about hotels near the pier though, sorry!

So you never ate in the dining room? Just at Windjammer?

My friend and I ate in the dining room one night but we didn't really care for the food there and preferred Windjammer - granted, I later found out that they have the menu up on electronic board somewhere and we might have gone back if we had known the options. That was just us though :)

My friend and I ate in the dining room one night but we didn't really care for the food there and preferred Windjammer - granted, I later found out that they have the menu up on electronic board somewhere and we might have gone back if we had known the options. That was just us though :)

The food looked good. :)

Great report. Looks like you had a great cruise. We'll be hitting a lot of the same ports so nice to see what others do there (Roatan, Costa Maya, CozumeL). Was also going to ask about MDR for dinner vs Windjammer but see someone asked above so see your answer. Thanks for sharing.

Great report. Looks like you had a great cruise. We'll be hitting a lot of the same ports so nice to see what others do there (Roatan, Costa Maya, CozumeL). Was also going to ask about MDR for dinner vs Windjammer but see someone asked above so see your answer. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed reading. It was a fun trip - it is an older ship but we had a blast anyways without bells and whistles. everyone was friendly and service was great. the entertainment staff were fun too. Hope you have a fun cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter