Tripod question because I need a new camera backpack....

elmoandzoey

DIS Veteran
So it's been a while since we've been to WDW. While the description of the allowed items in the parks haven't changed since we went, I am kind of curious if they might interpret them differently now.

In the past, my tripod was always attached to the outside of the bag. It fit the description of "it must fit into a standard backpack" but I never put it inside because there really was no space inside. But it would have because folded down it is kind of short. I never had a problem with that in all our trips to WDW or DL. Now I need to buy a new camera backpack for our upcoming trip since the zipper on my flipside broke and it won't close anymore. I would very much like to get the same or similar backpack again because they are on the smaller side while still having enough space inside for everything we need. I do need to attach the tripod on the outside of the bag though. Is this an issue these days? Meaning do they interpret the "must fit inside a regular backpack" as in it also has to be stored inside the backpack if not in use or is it just to give people an approximate measure of how large a closed tripod is allowed to be? That kind of determines what backpack I need to get to replace the broken one....

Attaching your tripod to the side of the backpack will be just fine- I do it all the time. As long as it's collapsed length is of a size that 'could' fit into a backpack and doesn't extend out taller than you are you'll be fine.

Thanks for the answer! That's what I've been doing in the past but like I said it's been a while since we last went and I wanted to make sure things haven't changed. The tripod is 13" when collapsed so it could fit into a regular backpack I just don't have have the room inside...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts