Trolls in chat today...

MikeTaylor

Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!
I want to recognize @WebmasterJackie (and Craig, too, I think) for having to work extra hard today, censoring the chat trolls during the show.

Synopsis: Trolls were flooding the chat (with info about a member of the team and asking the whereabouts of former members) to the point of harassment.

Can we ban these folks?

I think he's referring to the chat on YouTube during the Live Podcast. It was my first time watching live and I arranged the chrome window so I could see the video but not the chat.

Yes, I too would like to thank Jackie and Craig for their great work keeping the chat under control / free of trolling today. It seemed worse than usual today, and I know from experience it is very tricky to keep on top of moderating live chat - you guys did a fantastic job. I wish everyone would keep the chat relevant to what is being discussed, instead of harassing members of the team or discussing irrelevant information. Thanks again YouTube mod team! :)

I was pondering starting a thread to this effect, and thanks to MikeTaylor for it. I agree the trolling was unusually relentless. While I understand there's "freedom of speech" that doesn't mean that one is free nor welcome to spew it. I can appreciate that moderating can be tricky. I'm normally not in favor of outright ban- but if technology existed, I would advocate a ban for some IP/users till they can behave properly. I hope we're able to keep the chaterati feature, because I really enjoy being able to connect with lovely folks from across the world. It's really humbling to think there are folks watching in the early morning hours and several thousand miles away.

Anyways, thanks so much for moderating the chaterati. I hope we're all able to walk our talk to make chaterati just as "magical" as the Disney sentiment suggests.

I did notice that some comments were being deleted when I first got on but then didn't pay attention to comments. I always find that if I get involved with the conversation on Youtube I can't also focus on what is being on the show. I know last week there was 1 comment I felt was not appropriate. The mods seem to be doing their best to police the comments.

YouTube has its own interface and rules when it comes to posters and banning. If you're in chat and see someone posting sobeyhing you don't like, try your best to ignore them. Replying just gives them more attention which in turn causes them to keep going.

YouTube has its own interface and rules when it comes to posters and banning. If you're in chat and see someone posting sobeyhing you don't like, try your best to ignore them. Replying just gives them more attention which in turn causes them to keep going.

Hi Nikki.

I can never keep up in youtube live chats. But you record about an hour in half before my hubs gets home. we watch after he gets home while we eat. So I don't watch live so I can enjoy it with him. Thanks for all you do.

I love the live chat but have notice recently the trolls have been on the rise - which I find really sad.

As I've always had fun on that chat page, love the regular peeps and the new peeps who are also on there to join into fun discussion of Disney.

It's like my weekly Disney AA meeting and I really don't like the (expletive) idiot.

The webmaster are amazing - but I much prefer it when @WebmasterJackie and the team are engaging with the chat not just being the "Troll Police"!!!

What happened to the age old adage "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" - and before anyone starts, that doesn't mean you have to agree or have the same opinions on chat. It just means you don't have to be a "Bell-end" about it if you have a different point of view.

It's been so out of control lately that I barely even say anything anymore. I just listen with my browser minimized.

What happened to the age old adage "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" - and before anyone starts, that doesn't mean you have to agree or have the same opinions on chat. It just means you don't have to be a "Bell-end" about it if you have a different point of view.

It's become a North Korean pseudo-style attack; launch as many outdated verbal diatribes and see what lands. Pathetic and really think CW needs a co-pilot, offline, to handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!