Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the minority, but I would hate if they "upgraded" Space Mountain. The low to the ground seats are what make it so fun. You really feel all the quick dips and turns, which is amazing considering how slow the ride actually is. I'm a coaster junkie, and while it's obviously not a world class coaster, I really appreciate it for what it is and the history of it. Making it more like RnR or DLR's Space would just cheapen it IMO. It wouldn't bring it up to world class standards of current coasters, nor would it have the charm of a historic achievement of it's time. Now if they can figure out a way to add music and screens without touching the track and ride vehicles, I'd be on board for that. Oh...and bring back the bouncy sidewalk!

There’s just something about Space that other modern coasters don’t replicate which is part of the reason I love it so much. I’d also hate to see it altered at all. I do think they need to bring the show quality up to modern standards, but the physical ride is the perfect coaster. I love a good giga-coaster, but the intimacy of Florida’s Space is unique. The “launch” could get a serious upgrade and adding in a sound system to the cars themselves would be awesome (or at least spread more throughout the ride, the soundtrack is already awesome). Screens/more projections I would seriously hate to see. The ride needs to be dark, don’t do what they have in California’s. Once you can see the track, the ride loses its appeal.

There’s just something about Space that other modern coasters don’t replicate which is part of the reason I love it so much. I’d also hate to see it altered at all. I do think they need to bring the show quality up to modern standards, but the physical ride is the perfect coaster. I love a good giga-coaster, but the intimacy of Florida’s Space is unique. The “launch” could get a serious upgrade and adding in a sound system to the cars themselves would be awesome (or at least spread more throughout the ride, the soundtrack is already awesome). Screens/more projections I would seriously hate to see. The ride needs to be dark, don’t do what they have in California’s. Once you can see the track, the ride loses its appeal.
I will agree with that. I like it the way it is however the track still needs a refurb. Some on ride audio could go a long way otherwise keep it dark.

You're right. I would hate to be able to see the track. Even now it's kind of a crapshoot as to how dark it will be in there. Last December one time we rode it, the TTA lights were on. It lit up the room more than I have ever seen. It was definitely not as fun, but a unique experience I guess. It's on my bucket list to ride with the lights completely on one day.

My wife and I argued this point last November when we went to DLR for the first time. I'm a WDW, SM guy through and through. Can't get enough of it. I love the fact that it's DARK, I love the rolls and hills I think there's too much light out in California and I don't think the track layout is as much fun (more turns, less dips/rolls). Yes, the track itself probably needs to be replaced in terms of wear and tear, but PLEASE, PLEASE don't mess with the layout.

I'd agree. Replace the current track with better seams on the joints of the rails, and call it good. Maybe isolate the ride vehicle with some rubber bushing between the wheels and the guests bottoms, and it would go a long way. Music in the cars would be a decent upgrade.

Definitely excited for the Tron coaster and its going to be a massive hit. As for SM, its a classic that should never go away, HOWEVER....it would not hurt if it got a little upgrade into the 21st century. Music, better sound effects, maybe redo the waiting areas (change the old "windows" in the walls that look like mirrors), fresh coat of paint on everything, etc. but leave the actual layout alone.

I'm in the minority, but I would hate if they "upgraded" Space Mountain. The low to the ground seats are what make it so fun. You really feel all the quick dips and turns, which is amazing considering how slow the ride actually is. I'm a coaster junkie, and while it's obviously not a world class coaster, I really appreciate it for what it is and the history of it. Making it more like RnR or DLR's Space would just cheapen it IMO. It wouldn't bring it up to world class standards of current coasters, nor would it have the charm of a historic achievement of it's time. Now if they can figure out a way to add music and screens without touching the track and ride vehicles, I'd be on board for that. Oh...and bring back the bouncy sidewalk!

I agree. I am fine with them changing the projection tech, etc. but keep the ride the way it is. Sure, it could use a track refurb land new cars like the Matterhorn got, but don't change the basic ride system.

You're right. I would hate to be able to see the track. Even now it's kind of a crapshoot as to how dark it will be in there. Last December one time we rode it, the TTA lights were on. It lit up the room more than I have ever seen. It was definitely not as fun, but a unique experience I guess. It's on my bucket list to ride with the lights completely on one day.
Done it. It’s horrifying.

I wonder if there was a way to close down 1 side(drop black out tarp down the middle) and replace the track 1 side at a time. While a lot of fun, it is brutal on the gluteus maximus.

Well, Disneyland Space is absolutely amazing..so anything the World to do to make space there like Cali would be great. As for Tron coaster...Id love it.

Maybe make the cranes go-away blue and green... people clearly LOVE how that's looking on the GotG building... ... :rolleyes1
It really doesn't bother me. But I suppose an idea is they should just wrap the crane with a picture of a tree. Like they do refurbs on buildings with wraps and scaffolding with pictures of buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!