Tron Lightcycle Run coming to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, looks like a short ride...
Per Google: Shanghai Tron is:
  • Track length: About 3,169 ft
  • Ride time: About 1:45
So I’d think it’s about average (I’d prefer all coasters to be 5000+ ft, but that rarely happens)

I think the pictures are missing the long runs outside of all the turns

Yeah, only seeing g track that is in the show building so far, not the part that is out under the canopy yet. But it isn't a super short ride but not that long either

Since this is a launch coaster I wouldn't expect the track length or duration to be as long. It doesn't need to worry about having a long drawn out lift hill to build up energy to make it through the course. Also a big part of ride time on many coasters is the lift hill, probably close to half the time for the average coaster. So even if it is a minute and a half or so that is a decent ride time or a coaster. Space Mountain is only about 90 seconds from the top of the lift to the unload station, and it pretty much hits the brakes at about 1m15s. So for the overall coaster experience Tron will likely last longer.

Is there any chance of this getting brought forward into fall 2020? I realise the canopy is still to be built (and track completed), but for June 2019 this looks so far along! It almost feels they would have to purposefully slow progress down to make this finish in 2021.

Unless the biggest work to be done is the physical landscaping around the show building/creating the requisite pathways and queue infrastructure etc?

(P.S, this is obviously a question posed more in hope than anything due to my next trip being towards the end of next year!).

Is there any chance of this getting brought forward into fall 2020? I realise the canopy is still to be built (and track completed), but for June 2019 this looks so far along! It almost feels they would have to purposefully slow progress down to make this finish in 2021.

Unless the biggest work to be done is the physical landscaping around the show building/creating the requisite pathways and queue infrastructure etc?

(P.S, this is obviously a question posed more in hope than anything due to my next trip being towards the end of next year!).
Probably not.

there is a lot of related work to the MK train as well and if they update the theming of the speedway and just the "plaza" area and stuff - so more than just the ride itself

I am sure if they wanted to they could get it done for 2020, but Disney likes to space out their new stuff and spread the cost of their construction across as many financial periods as they can

I've read that Shanghai has a 5-year exclusivity deal for TRON, which ends June 17, 2021 (I think), so it wouldn't be able to open before that date...

Always thought an overlay of the Speedway was way overdue!! Thought may a Cars overlay but also like the idea of Sugar Rush. Agree that something needs to be done about the noise and particularly the exhaust fumes!!

Per Google: Shanghai Tron is:
  • Track length: About 3,169 ft
  • Ride time: About 1:45
So I’d think it’s about average (I’d prefer all coasters to be 5000+ ft, but that rarely happens)

I think the pictures are missing the long runs outside of all the turns
Eh, that makes it look a little better. Well it's longer the the 7DMT so maybe it won't be so bad.

Always thought an overlay of the Speedway was way overdue!! Thought may a Cars overlay but also like the idea of Sugar Rush. Agree that something needs to be done about the noise and particularly the exhaust fumes!!

I just think something that looks more "Tomorrow" would be good - so electric cars that looks sleek an d"Tron-like" would be my vote

I just think something that looks more "Tomorrow" would be good - so electric cars that looks sleek an d"Tron-like" would be my vote
Just base it after Tron too. It could even be interactive. Use the tanks from the first Tron movie and kids can shoot at those ships that try to crush you. "You wanna take a left and then just straight on through the chompers".

I'm curious if they should have expanded the railway in other parts while it's down for other future expansion areas in the park. I only brought this up because we saw the expansion area in one of bio's shots the other day.

I'm curious if they should have expanded the railway in other parts while it's down for other future expansion areas in the park. I only brought this up because we saw the expansion area in one of bio's shots the other day.
What do you mean by expand? Show scenes?

Have there been any indication that the WDW version is going to be different than SDL version? Because SDL has the cool factor, especially at night, but from a pure roller coaster experience, I wouldn't even call it a roller coaster, even by Disney standards for speed/drops.

Have there been any indication that the WDW version is going to be different than SDL version? Because SDL has the cool factor, especially at night, but from a pure roller coaster experience, I wouldn't even call it a roller coaster, even by Disney standards for speed/drops.
Identical.

At 60.3 MPH, Shanghai Tron is the 2nd fastest ride at any worldwide Disney park (TT is the fastest)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Lightcycle_Power_Run

At 60.3 MPH, Shanghai Tron is the 2nd fastest ride at any worldwide Disney park (TT is the fastest)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Lightcycle_Power_Run

I enjoyed the ride. I think I ended up riding it about a dozen times in 3 days. Even cheated this picture by having someone snap it while risking being still on the ride when you're supposed to exit. CM was yelling at me in Mandarin while you could hear the clicking of the ride about to move, with me still on it.

The comment I made about it not being a thrill ride, might be because there is an initial burst and then it's a slow moving music/theme ride that goes in varying small spurts. I was comfortable enough to take photos with both hands firmly on my phone during one of the rides.

What do you mean by expand? Show scenes?

I am assuming he means adjusting the track around the rivers of America to allow for a new land on the far side (sort of like where SWGE is at DLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter