Tropical Storm: Isaias Impact

Yeah but it’s the intensification that is pulling it East so not the usual bad thing

As Levi just said in his video, East Coast should be watching this carefully.

Stronger storm will keep it OFF the Florida coast and take it right up the eastern seaboard

Well since it’s stronger it’s pulling East but the poor Bahamas they are going to get hit now! Hope all stay safe!

Oh the joys of living in the carolinas 😅

I swear we're a hurricane magnet.

First time in my life that I won't be home when it comes. I pray it passes all of us by. I've lived through many, some worse than others, obviously; but even Cat 1's aren't anything to take lightly.

• Haha
Reactions: cm8
I swear we're a hurricane magnet.

First time in my life that I won't be home when it comes. I pray it passes all of us by. I've lived through many, some worse than others, obviously; but even Cat 1's aren't anything to take lightly.
Okay! 😊 Yes, seems like the wind blows and we lose power😒 and you already know some of us can’t even drive in the sunlight 😅

Latest run of the Euro model (again just one run of it) brings the storm into South Florida and up into Central Florida and then back out to sea again,

If this model run is correct, Orlando would have wind gusts up to 40mph and about 1 to 3 inches of rain.

This would be late saturday night into most of the day sunday

This could still change.

Okay! 😊 Yes, seems like the wind blows and we lose power😒 and you already know some of us can’t even drive in the sunlight 😅

I'm not sure where you're from, but you seem to take this all light-heartedly, and while that's certainly your right; please don't believe for a second that it's anything that should be taken so lightly. The wind doesn't just blow. It blows hard, and it blows relentlessly, destroying lives and livelihoods. I have seen damage to my home and farm totaling over $20k more times than I care to remember. And the power doesn't just "go out." I've seen it out here for over a week several times in my life. And I don't care if I ever see it again. I'd actually prefer not to.

It's hard to imagine the damage on a massive scale when you live on a 1/2 acre lot in the city lights. It ain't fun out here in the wide open spaces and coastal plain of eastern NC, where nobody gets skipped over when these things come. Everybody suffers.

"Oh the wind just blows." That's what people up north thought too... until they met Sandy.

I'm trying to decide if I should have my shutters put up. Would appreciate your input. With Dorian it was a no brainer. I've only had the house a year so still a lot of things to get used to. It's 10 minutes NW of DVB resort. Thank you

I'm trying to decide if I should have my shutters put up. Would appreciate your input. With Dorian it was a no brainer. I've only had the house a year so still a lot of things to get used to. It's 10 minutes NW of DVB resort. Thank you
Are you guys in a Hurricane Watch yet?

Here in Palm Beach we are in Hurricane Watch so my neighborhood now people starting to put our shutters up.

Are you guys in a Hurricane Watch yet?

Here in Palm Beach we are in Hurricane Watch so my neighborhood now people starting to put our shutters up.
Yes it appears we are. But does seem to be a narrow window. Coming from a person who does take chances but does not like to gamble.

I'm not sure where you're from, but you seem to take this all light-heartedly, and while that's certainly your right; please don't believe for a second that it's anything that should be taken so lightly. The wind doesn't just blow. It blows hard, and it blows relentlessly, destroying lives and livelihoods. I have seen damage to my home and farm totaling over $20k more times than I care to remember. And the power doesn't just "go out." I've seen it out here for over a week several times in my life. And I don't care if I ever see it again. I'd actually prefer not to.

It's hard to imagine the damage on a massive scale when you live on a 1/2 acre lot in the city lights. It ain't fun out here in the wide open spaces and coastal plain of eastern NC, where nobody gets skipped over when these things come. Everybody suffers.

"Oh the wind just blows." That's what people up north thought too... until they met Sandy.
What I was saying.....( I live near Charleston by the way) is that it doesn’t take much for us to lose power. My home due to its location has been flooded out 4/5 times since Hurricane Matthew, 1000 year flood and all the rest that came after. There is absolutely nothing to take lightly. We have suffered a tremendous loss all 4 maybe 5 times we’ve been hit by a storm. I’m lucky my Insurance covers my losses and replaces my food for each event.

After the last storm, I said I wanted to move because I was tired of rebuilding. Thank God we have USAA and the highest level of Flood Insurance available to make us whole from these disasters. Trust me, no one I know takes these lightly, My apologies if it came across in that manner 😉

Your under a tropical storm warning so winds could go to 75 miles per hour more likely gusts! We are on the Loxahatchee River facing Jupiter inlet and under hurricane warning we will decide tomorrow on shutters! Depends on your area are house close where neighbors stuff could hit you! Are your windows newer and stronger! Tropical storms we usually don’t shutter for but it’s up to you! If you feel safer go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter