Trouble getting LeCellier

mopee3

Mouseketeer
Is it me or is really hard to get reservations at LaCellier, I just checked at 6 months and there is nothing avalable in the evening??

Moe

It's not you. It's one of, if not the, most difficult to get reservations. Try a lunch.

Thanks, maybe I should extend my reservation forward 10 days, hope to get the ADR then cancel the room back to my orginal room reservation. Kind of sneaky but maybe that's what is needed.:rolleyes1

Moe

I've never had a problem with LeCellier when booking right at the 90 or 180 day mark.

Actually this past Monday it was our 180 day mark. I booked LeCellier for our 2nd day at WDW. I didn't even get up at 6 am to do the online bookings (had a hard night out partying!). I woke up about 7:30 and the online system wasn't recognizing my resort confirmation number. I went back to sleep, got up around 9:30 and called and had the CM make my ADR's. I got LeCellier no problem at 6:25 (requested 6:30) for a family of 4.

I've never had a problem with LeCellier when booking right at the 90 or 180 day mark.

Actually this past Monday it was our 180 day mark. I booked LeCellier for our 2nd day at WDW. I didn't even get up at 6 am to do the online bookings (had a hard night out partying!). I woke up about 7:30 and the online system wasn't recognizing my resort confirmation number. I went back to sleep, got up around 9:30 and called and had the CM make my ADR's. I got LeCellier no problem at 6:25 (requested 6:30) for a family of 4.

Hmm. Maybe my problem is that I'm trying to book for 3 instead of 4?

Honestly, Le Cellier is nice enough, but you aren't missing out on that much...

I don't know if you eaten there before, but the food and service can be inconsistent. For many years, it was considered one of the worst at Epcot, then it became the golden child..It can be a great visit, but if you can't get it, don't fret...
As the PP said, try for lunch. If you show up just before noon, you may have luck. Plus the early lunch experience is much better due to reduced crowds.

Is it me or is really hard to get reservations at LaCellier, I just checked at 6 months and there is nothing avalable in the evening??

Moe

No you are not the only one. DBF and I are haveing at 3:25 dinner for our reservation when we go in October. We wanted to take that rather than risk not getting any other day. Le Cellier is VERY popular and the cast member stated that they started serving dinner at 3:15 because of this.

My advice, take what you can get because you'll regeret it if you don't. And order the cheddar soup.::yes:: Soooooo delicious.

I don't know if you eaten there before, but the food and service can be inconsistent.

You are right, and in fact I really don't care for the place but my bride loves the bread sticks at LaCellier and we arrive at 5:30pm. However we are spending a night at Port Orleans (you know begets, carrage rides and great pool), on cash, before going to AKV/BCV/BLV for 12 days.

So because I love letting her eat where she wants I could do the following: extend my stay at PO forwards 10 days, make the ADR at 180+10, cancel the front ten days at PO and voila, I will have a shot at the ADR for the orginal night at PO. Only trouble is, it seems kind of sneaky.

What do you all think?

Moe

I did it!!:woohoo:
Took my one night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter starting on the 30th of October, expanded it to 11 days starting on the 20 of October, called Disney Dining, lo and behold I got a 7:35pm (acually had a bunch to chose from) ADR for LaCellier on October 30. Now I will wait until my 180 days are here for the 30th and cancel the 20-29. What a bunch of hoops to jump through, but now my wife can have her bread sticks. Isn't life grande???:rolleyes1

My wife thinks I am crazy :rotfl:, hum... maybe but she really likes those breadsticks.

Moe

I did it!!:woohoo:
Took my one night stay at Port Orleans French Quarter starting on the 30th of October, expanded it to 11 days starting on the 20 of October, called Disney Dining, lo and behold I got a 7:35pm (acually had a bunch to chose from) ADR for LaCellier on October 30. Now I will wait until my 180 days are here for the 30th and cancel the 20-29. What a bunch of hoops to jump through, but now my wife can have her bread sticks. Isn't life grande???:rolleyes1

My wife thinks I am crazy :rotfl:, hum... maybe but she really likes those breadsticks.

Moe

So you made a fake reservation to get this ADR?

Yes for 10 days before the actual day we stay there. The 180+10 kept me from getting a ADR on the real day so.... the first 10 days are fake. Couldn't figure any other way to get the ADR. Oh wait I could have waited until the 180 day and then tried to get the ADR. But when I tried to make ressies for the past 10 days the only time I could get was a 6:05 on the 14th and a bunch of lunch times.

Moe

Does anyone know if Le Cellier serves the dinner menu all day on a Sunday? I have a 11:55 res on Sunday

But it's not because I got one ressie for one night there at LaCellier, a table for 2 at 7:35, and no other reservations at the resturant. Its because people can book 180+10. By the time my window for my orginal one night(Oct 30) would have come up, people would have already booked that night by using their 180+10. This is like "walking" a reservation at a really busy DVC resort, i.e. concierge at Animal Kindom. I understand that process now. In the case of the concierge it would make me mad, in this case Disney is holding a room for me for 11 nights and I will get rid of all but the one night I want in 10 days.

Moe

I don't know if you eaten there before, but the food and service can be inconsistent. For many years, it was considered one of the worst at Epcot, then it became the golden child..It can be a great visit, but if you can't get it, don't fret...
As the PP said, try for lunch. If you show up just before noon, you may have luck. Plus the early lunch experience is much better due to reduced crowds.

I don't remember it being considered one of the worst ??? I have been going for more than 10 years. Reduced crowds ? Here is how empty it was last year during free dining.
It was like this (last week of Sept) for the time I was there,almost 2 hours from 5:30 on (many empty seats) with NO walk ups. IMO I think too many double book then change mind.

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

I love this place. I never had trouble getting it. Though I do wake up at 6am on the 180th day! I am actually going twice in my next trip in October. My mom who has low iron needs a good steak or two and when on vacation she rarely gets to have one so this place is perfect!

I do remember when it was horrible. I remember eating there in about '97 and oh my gosh the food was sooo bad. I don't know if they switched chefs or management or what, but what a difference it made.

If you can't get into Le Cellier, there are some great steakhouses off property.

I managed a reservation at the 180 day mark at 845pm :eek: I don't know if we will make it that late.

I am in SHOCK at the empty restaurant pics of late Sept!! We ate there on Sept 18th last year, had a 6 pm ADR and were not seated until about 7:20. Really. And we checked in early. AT the time, the CM told us that they overbook them all the time and because of that, the waits are unbelievable for ADRs. I recall other restaurants being empty when we were there (like Flying Fish) despite the fact that there were no ADR's avail on line. CM's were saying that the on line booking system at its launch had places a mess- some were empty and showing as full, some were ending up overbooked.

I agree wholeheartedly on the "overrated" assessment. Tables too close together, the grossest bathroom in all of Disney, rushed service, so-so food. My filet was "ok" and risotto waaaaay undercooked- as in, crunchy.

IF you really want an ADR, keep trying and closer to the date you will likely luck into a reservation, that's what I did last year. I don't think I would "fake" a resort reservation for the purposes of making ADR's, and wouldn't encourage this practice as like double booking, it's not really "fair" in my mind.

I am in SHOCK at the empty restaurant pics of late Sept!!

The empty tables don't surprise me at all, actually they look like the sign of a very busy restaurant. If you look closely at the pics, you'll see that only two 'empty' tables have been bussed and are ready for the next group. On three tables it looks like the dirties have been taken away, but they haven't been wiped down and set out with silverware for the next group. The last empty table you can still see the dirty plates and cups on the table, so it looks like that party just left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter