Trust the run to find your way (comments and wisecracks welcome...)

Finding it hard to keep up with the journal when vacationing....

Week in Review:

Tuesday, May 2, 2023: Easy Run

Scheduled for 4 easy miles while on vacation at Bay Lake Towers/Contemporary. Very painful attempt to get 4 miles while staying at the resort....wayyyyyy too many parking lot loops but got it done. DH was snapping pics (aren't we supposed to be running here?)

Back to vacation mode....

Thursday, 5/4: Kipchoge 2:1 Workout (1 hour, 5.50 Miles)

Oh no, how am I going to find a decent stretch of road near this resort to get these repeats in? I mistakingly chose the treadmill at the Contemporary health club. NEVER AGAIN. Ugh....lol, no ventilation, windows or ceiling depth. 🤢 Another painful running attempt....

Drills: A Skip, B Skip, Grapevine, Shuffles, Leg Swings
  1. Warm up 15 min @ 11:36-13:16 min/mi
  2. Repeat 10 times
    2 min @ 09:01-09:17 min/mi
  3. 1min @ 10:55-12:23 min/mi
  4. Cool Down 15 min @ 11:36-13:16 min/mi

Saturday, May 6, 2023: Long Run (10 Miles Easy Pace)

I learned my lesson here...taking it to the EPCOT resort area for the EASY long run. It was spectacular! The outer perimeter of the EPCOT resorts makes for perfect long runs (I didn't realize that there was sidewalk lining the entire outside of the BW, BC, YC and Swan/Dolphin--minus a small portion near BC/BW).

I forgot to pack my usual Spring Energy gels for this trip so I had to make an emergency stop at Fit 2 Run at Disney Springs. They don't carry Spring Energy so I had to try Honey Stinger (in strawberry kiwi)...it was very thick and I had to have water with it but it was better than nothing.

Mile 1: 11:36
Mile 2: 11:15
Mile 3: 10:45
Mile 4: 11:45
Mile 5: 11:15
Mile 6: 11:23
Mile 7: 11:27
Mile 8: 11:17
Mile 9: 11:40
Mile 10: 11:07

And now back to vacation mode again and stalking Princess Jasmine at the Morocco Pavilion at the World Showcase. 🤣 💜

Next up: Bayshore Half Marathon in two weeks....

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpeg
    IMG_0413.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0412.jpeg
    IMG_0412.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 12

I hope the Bayshore went well for you, and that your moomers was all you remembered. :)
Thank you friend! The race was fine--I made a game time decision to simply use it as a training run and not "race" hard so that I can keep my training on track for the summer so it was good...that took some of the pressure off. It was also warm (for me) so I was happy to be done. Traverse City is just a gorgeous place to visit!

And yesssssss....moomers ALL day!!! So there was literally a moomer's freezer in the lobby of our resort and no joke, I was out there daily for my fix. Ugh, so so good. 💜

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter