Trustworthy Pin Sellers

Well you're 100% incorrect here. I've got a fantasy pin that's Meg with hot pink hair in a nurse type outfit, I've got tink fantasy pins, Jessica fantasy pins and some villan fantasy pins. I get more collectors wanting my fantasy pins (when I wear them) then any other pin I might have. CM's will not trade for them but regular traders just might. I bought the ones I have because I liked them, they are not trashy at all (Jess & Tink are both silhouettes on USA letters that are red white & blue with stars). I have seen some that are not "disney" at all and I do not like those but I do like the ones I have.

also do not just go with feedback.....do your own research on pins and scrappers. FB means next to nothing as many people have no clue what scrappers are, and unfortunately many others simply don't care....I never trust FB, I look for my red flags and make my choices based on that.

Otherwise your info on scrappers being made in China and real pins also being made in china is exactly right. That's what a lot scrapper traders use to justify their trading bad pins, they are made in the same place with the same molds so they must be legit.......:sad2: of course they aren't. :)

thanks for visiting our pin trade threads, I hope we are able to get you some great traders for your trip!

Thanks so much for more info....this is a really addictive thing, this pin trading........wow, love it and all the tips.

So I am going to buy pins for the first time on the internet and I dont know how to search the users you suggested that are good?

Please help :D

~babs

Babs a little further down is an eBay thread, please use it. :)

I've purchased with great satisfaction from both gitanoman and mubunny ... both on ebay. Whenever I need more pins, I just send a message to mubunny (if he doesn't have any listed) and tell him how many I want to buy. Gitanoman's pins have always been authentic too. I highly recommend both.

I just received an order from steamtraininc on ebay. I am very happy with my pins! They are PERFECT for trading. :thumbsup2

I have also bought from STEAMTRAININC on ebay for the last several years and thought I was getting a good product. After reading about all the scrappers I have no idea if I have good pins. They look great, have good paint, except they have a slight oily smell from the rubber mickey cap. The caps do have a trademark on them. The other thing I noticed is that the logos on the back are not all centered. They are level, just not centered in the middle of the pin.

My kids love to trade pins but I want to keep it in the spirit of fun and legit not fun and counterfeit. Any info. will be appreciated.

My mickey backs do not have an oily smell...just so you know. :) I really feel, personally, that steamtraininc is selling scrappers but I have not purchased from them so it is just an opinion.

I buy from MUBUNNY on ebay but I haven't seen him have many sales lately. Last time I needed some I just sent him an email and got 25 from him.

She has obvious scrapper sets listed.
Read her feedback...

ah I see..

TheWill was listed as good, so I bid on several and now I'm seeing multiples of the same pins pop up..this now seems suspicious. Should I be concerned?

I've purchased from the Will in the past and been very happy with what I've received. As far as I could tell they were not scrappers. I still feel confident giving his name as a trusted source. :)

Well, actually just found a scrapper on TheWill 's ebay store and an unauthorized one that was never made by Disney. Oh well. I'll deal with what I bid on..hopefully, I get out bid. I'm not sure what else to do. They appear to be good pins, but I looked a few up on pinpics... :sad2: I'll look up everything before bidding from now on, no matter how legit it seems.

Well, actually just found a scrapper on TheWill 's ebay store and an unauthorized one that was never made by Disney. Oh well. I'll deal with what I bid on..hopefully, I get out bid. I'm not sure what else to do. They appear to be good pins, but I looked a few up on pinpics... :sad2: I'll look up everything before bidding from now on, no matter how legit it seems.

He has plenty of scrappers up..
and..ask yourself..what real pins start at 1 cent?
and..why are hiss obviously real pins...
listed at so much higher than they should be?
And..most bad sellers..have plenty of wonderful feedback...
what you have to do..is read where the bad feedback is coming from..
lots of folks leave stupid feedback,,
but,he has a few buyers..who accused him of selling fakes...
that..are good pin buyers.
All it takes is a bit of research..
I bought over 75 pins this week alone..and..every one was real..
there are wonderful sellers out there..
the problem is..they do not list often...
so..you have to keep finding new ones.
But,I did not buy any really cheap ones for trading either.

Like debranator said... you just have to look! I buy my pins from someone that is trustworthy but they rarely get and when they get them they sell them SUPERRRRR fast so I usually get A LOT!!!! I always buy from him so he calls me and tells me when he has... I bought 200 from him which was a big chunk of his stock. lol! I'm not sure if I can do this but if anyone needs pins just pm me and I can find out if he has anymore and if anything I know a few other people that sell also but they are more expensive! if any questions pm me! if I can do that on this forum.

That's too bad. :( I'm sorry.

Like debranator said... you just have to look! I buy my pins from someone that is trustworthy but they rarely get and when they get them they sell them SUPERRRRR fast so I usually get A LOT!!!! I always buy from him so he calls me and tells me when he has... I bought 200 from him which was a big chunk of his stock. lol! I'm not sure if I can do this but if anyone needs pins just pm me and I can find out if he has anymore and if anything I know a few other people that sell also but they are more expensive! if any questions pm me! if I can do that on this forum.

Thanks! I don't know if I'll be buying anymore right now, but I will keep this in mind. I appreciate it!

Just saying..if you do not know someone or they are pretty new here...
make sure that you do any buying..through paypal...
with an invoice..detailing what you are paying for...
and that they are paypal verified.
:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter