Reservation Advice = Campground

MS_mom_1965

Mouseketeer
I already have DW resort reservations at PO-FQ for Nov 17-23. I would really like to get a spot at FW so we can bring our travel trailer. There are none available for that time period. There are a couple of days that come up. Should I go ahead and reserve those days, and hope more will become available? How much deposit will I have to make if I do that? If I manage to get the spots, will my deposit I already made for the room transfer over to the balance for the campsite?

I already have reservations at PO-FQ for Nov 17-23, but I'd really like to reserve a campsite at FW for my travel trailer. There are no spots available for that time period. There are only a couple of nights available. Should I go ahead and reserve those nights, and hope to pick up the others later? How much of a deposit would I have to make to do that? If I'm able to get a spot for all 6 nights and cancel my PO-FQ reservation, will the deposit I have already paid on that transfer over?

I already have DW resort reservations at PO-FQ for Nov 17-23. I would really like to get a spot at FW so we can bring our travel trailer. There are none available for that time period. There are a couple of days that come up. Should I go ahead and reserve those days, and hope more will become available? How much deposit will I have to make if I do that? If I manage to get the spots, will my deposit I already made for the room transfer over to the balance for the campsite?

As a seasoned Thanksgiving camper, I have to say that this is one of the most popular times at the Fort. There is a chance that you might get a spot, but ath this point you're going to have to call every morning, and try to link reservations together, to try to get anything to work. We have stayed at the Fort for about 5 years now during Thanksgiving, and this year we actually had to combine a couple reservations to get our trip.

Not that it can't be done, but you have to be vigilent. Good luck!

So if you have separate reservations, does that mean you have to move the camper from one spot to another?

The deposit will NOT transfer over. The deposit will be refunded to your method of payment, provided you cancel the hotel reservation in accordance with their cancellation & refund guidelines.

As for your questions about the likelihood of campsite cancellations, that is best asked over on the Camping Board here on the DIS and I've moved this post over there where you will see more responses than you will here.

Knox

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here, and I don't want you to be offended, but I see a couple of problems which may be contributing to your dilemma.

1. You have picked one of the busiest times at WDW to get reservations. Many people who stay at the campground during Thanksgiving make their reservations a year or more in advance. The probablility of you getting a campsite for that entire time is pretty remote, I would guess.

2. You are holding a reservation at one resort and trying to make one for the same time at another, then will cancel one when you get the other. What you are hoping for is that someone else is doing the same thing with a campground reservation. That practice sort of bogs down the system.

So my advice - you can keep trying if you wish, but personally I would keep the POFQ reservation and try for Thanksgiving at FW next year, but make my reservations a year or more in advance.

So if you have separate reservations, does that mean you have to move the camper from one spot to another?

Most of the time you're able to stay at the same site. However, there is always a chance that you'll have to move, that's the risk you take when you split up the reservation.

Just so nobody's confused....I merged the two thread together, since they were the same subject/OP.

I would go ahead and reserve the dates that you can now, then just keep checking every morning to see if other dates open up! We still have a lot of time between now and November for people to cancel! :)

I went ahead and reserved the only two nights available. I'm hoping more will become available and I can add them on. Keeping my fingers crossed!:surfweb: And the website hopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter