TS Resturaunt Coming to All Stars

I hate it so so much.

And you should...

Here's a tangent...I was helping some family plan a trip in the spring...and was looking at the dining system...

...I hadn't looked at the menu of le cellier in a long time.

Wow! Just wow! A not too repurposed, repurposed cafeteria from the early 80's with mediocre steak. It's unbelievable.

That's all dining plan.

Last edited:
And you should...

Here's a tangent...I was helping some family plan a trip in the spring...and was looking at the dining system...

...I hadn't looked at the menu of le cellier in a long time.

Wow! Just wow! A not to repurposed, repurposed cafeteria from the early 80's with mediocre steak. It's unbelievable.

That's all dining plan.

Can we just refer to it as "the plan that should not be named."

I don't think anyone should be excited at this news.

We all know WDW doesn't lift a forklift without already knowing who's picking up the tab.

Or " the plan that walks behind the rows"?......I'll give you till tomorrow.......

I'm never going to understand who those plans work for, but they obviously do. When someone tells me how to eat - I riot. There may be a reason I consult though:)

I don't think they're building this whatever TS offering they do build to sell food, unless its to get All Star guests out of places like BOG, I think its going to be to change the pricing there. They're still going to be motels with big fiberglass doo-hickeys though, and now maybe they'll have a Golden Corral onsite.

I'm never going to understand who those plans work for, but they obviously do. When someone tells me how to eat - I riot. There may be a reason I consult though:)

I don't think they're building this whatever TS offering they do build to sell food, unless its to get All Star guests out of places like BOG, I think its going to be to change the pricing there. They're still going to be motels with big fiberglass doo-hickeys though, and now maybe they'll have a Golden Corral onsite.

The psychology is fairly simple...

People that ramp up for vacations, stay ramped up through them.

You prepay...disney dresses it up as savings (which they don't even bother anymore...if you notice...), and then out of pocket, out of mind kicks in.

People are much more prone to spend on the merch - were the real money is made - if the interest on the vacation package is safely accruing deep in Visas data banks somewhere else...

And...as an Added bonus...they use it to mess with hotel revenue for accounting purposes as well.

They've also streamlined the menus unde r cover..allowing for more cost saving

There's zero downside if you're disney...

I think I suggested before-- discounted meal credits for the AS Character buffet---- or allow it as a counter service for the lower plan------and as you said-- to get the meal plan out of the places where people will spend real money.

There's zero downside if you're disney...

I get it from Disney's side. I just don't consume like that.

Do you really think this straw man All Stars family is spending that much on merch? Unless they're staying there because they're park commandos, in which case, that argument for a value stay makes sense to me. Also, would the park commandos enjoy a TS at their resort when they get in? I could buy into that thinking. Like you've gone all day and just want to sit and have a meal.

I get it from Disney's side. I just don't consume like that.

Do you really think this straw man All Stars family is spending that much on merch? Unless they're staying there because they're park commandos, in which case, that argument for a value stay makes sense to me. Also, would the park commandos enjoy a TS at their resort when they get in? I could buy into that thinking. Like you've gone all day and just want to sit and have a meal.

Specifically at all stars? Maybe not...but when ddp was rolled out I guaranteed it was a uniform philosophy...

Because the previous philosophies were similar.

This "class warfare" thing from management was always there...but they have really accelerated it in the last 5 years or so.

I think I suggested before-- discounted meal credits for the AS Character buffet---- or allow it as a counter service for the lower plan------and as you said-- to get the meal plan out of the places where people will spend real money.

I don't think you'll see characters there...I just don't. I think they will just increase the cost of the existing and do the 2 credit dining plan thing until people wise up...and spin the existing as a "luxury" experience.

I've often criticized the value resorts because they don't have real restaurants. Sometimes I'm tired and don't want to deal with another bus or food court so having a restaurant on site is a real bonus. I wonder if some of those other guests might feel the same way?

Also some value guests end up with money to burn and that's part of the appeal of the values or at least it used to be. Disney could initially price this at a Trails End level which might appear to be a bargain. If this place becomes established then the sky's the limit as always.

I've often criticized the value resorts because they don't have real restaurants. Sometimes I'm tired and don't want to deal with another bus or food court so having a restaurant on site is a real bonus. I wonder if some of those other guests might feel the same way?

Also some value guests end up with money to burn and that's part of the appeal of the values or at least it used to be. Disney could initially price this at a Trails End level which might appear to be a bargain. If this place becomes established then the sky's the limit as always.

Right, I see it that way too. I bet it would be breakfast buffet and dinner buffet, closed for lunch. There's people who stay there because it's the low price option, they don't necessarily need to be in the parks all day.

A friend of mine went to WDW with some other 20 somethings and they only went to the parks for a 2 days out of a 5 night stay. Plus one day for Universal. Tickets are insanely expensive, so it's not that crazy to think people would forego a park on their arrival and departure day at the very least. Giving them another option to keep them onsite vs driving 5 minutes away would be useful I'm sure.

I don't think you'll see characters there...I just don't. I think they will just increase the cost of the existing and do the 2 credit dining plan thing until people wise up...and spin the existing as a "luxury" experience.

OK-- so then think of the draw if the new character buffet was only one credit IF you are staying at the new "All Star Mid Level Value With A Hint Of A Possibility Of Some Day Approaching Deluxe"................" resort".

Are the Character meals one or two credits now?

As the prices rise in Moderate or Deluxe results, is the typical guest at All Stars now less budget conscious than in the past? Could Disney have data that suggests those thousands of rooms filled with refugees from Poly or Wilderness able to support a TS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter