Tubes, Floats and Lifejackets Question?

CruisingCamper

DIS Veteran
Does Disney provide Tubes, Floats and Lifejackets for the pools, water slides and lazy river? And if so, what kind? Small enough for a 4 year old? Or should be pack our own? And do they even allow kids to have tubes, pool floats, etc..in the pools and river?

Thanks so much!

The life jackets are a hard plastic/foam type that you put on and snap on from the front. They have them in 3 different sizes based on weight. They definitely have ones that will fit a 4 year old. My DD was 7 at the time but was probably the size of a 5 year old. She was not in the smaller size lifeguard so either the mid or biggest.

I can't answer your other question. I am thinking " no" but could be wrong. I am trying to remember if I saw any personal floats etc in the pools.

Thank you for your replies.

I was just thinking that I may pack my son a tube that was more suitable to his size, than those huge ones!

I am pretty sure I didn't see any personal pool toy/floats in the pool. I am trying to remember if I saw a baby float.... possibly? I saw a ton of kids with floaties (the arm ones).

My daughter was 3 years 4 months and was dying to go on the dark tube slide and I kept saying no. Well, "Uncle" was telling us his kids all tried it at 3 and they just put a life vest on them. It was a light bulb moment! She can swim so I never even thought of that! She was about 38 inches at the time (roughly 50th percentile for height and weight) and it fit her well. And spoiler alert for anyone reading my trip report... I let her go down the slide and the life vest worked great. She actually loved bobbing and spinning around in it and wore it in the pool later that day. So, they definitely have them to fit the little ones.

There are tubes in the lazy river, but both my kids (3 and 4.5 at the time) had a hard time laying across them. It made for a "not so lazy" river experience!

This is directly from the Aulani site:

• The following personal pool toys and equipment are permitted: swim diapers, life vests, water wings, infant inner tubes with seats, fun noodles and goggles.
  • The following personal pool toys and equipment are not permitted: snorkels, fins, inner tubes without a bottom, kickboards, large flotation devices without net seats, mesh rings (except for infants), dive toys and water guns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!